Author Topic: Facebook formatting suddenly FUBAR on my Androind native browser  (Read 611 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
As of this morning (2015/07/22) the Book Of Face mobile site formatting has gone Tango Uniform when viewed in my Galaxy S3's native browser. Displays fine on the Chrome app. Anyone else having the issue? If so, have you found a fix?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Facebook formatting suddenly FUBAR on my Androind native browser
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 07:25:08 PM »
Any reason not to use FB's own Android app?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 08:56:42 PM »
Faster to hit the bookmark than wait for the app to load.

Brad
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:23:32 PM »
An S3? Really?

Get a new phone.

Snark aside, it works on both my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, and my GS6. I even went and hunted down the native browser from the purgatory i banished it to. I'd bet that the issue is something updated, and it doesn't play well with your old hardware. This stuff gets obsolete quickly. For me the Facebook app is faster than chrome, so the fact it's giving you issues is, I think, a clue.

What version of Android are you running?

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 09:32:41 PM »
That's the first thing I checked. I'm current on updates (Verizon). Android 4.4.2. S3 isn't scheduled to get Lollipop due to hardware limitations. Wish I could swing a new phone but right now expenses are limited to essentials only.

It started this A.M. Was working fine last night. Went ahead and loaded the app. I liked being able to flip between windows in the browser but I suppose flipping between apps is just as easy.

Brad
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:52:26 PM by Brad Johnson »
-HankB

Brad Johnson

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 09:56:54 AM »
Update.

I hate the app. It doesn't scroll smoothly and I can't convince it to load the most recent posts by default. Hopping on Chrome and loading the mobile page is faster, smoother, and easier.

Brad
-HankB

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 11:05:09 AM »
Update.

I hate the app. It doesn't scroll smoothly and I can't convince it to load the most recent posts by default. Hopping on Chrome and loading the mobile page is faster, smoother, and easier.

Brad

Btw, when/if you do get a newer android phone, Chrome is the only browser it ships with. The old android browser is no more.
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln