Author Topic: Tom Clancy's Jack Jr. series written by Grant Blackwood  (Read 1968 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Tom Clancy's Jack Jr. series written by Grant Blackwood
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 11:43:17 PM »
Without Remorse was great but my favorite is not a Jack Ryan book. Red Storm Rising is my all time favorite Clancy book. One of my all time favorites from any writer.

Red Storm Rising is excellent. I have worn out several copies, need to go ahead and buy it on Kindle too

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

birdman

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2015, 02:39:18 PM »
Red Storm Rising is excellent. I have worn out several copies, need to go ahead and buy it on Kindle too

RSR is like 40/60 bond/Clancy IMHO.  While the sub and navy parts are very Clancy, the germany part is -all- bond, and the Iceland part could go either way. 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2015, 02:40:39 PM »
I could go for some classic clancy. Might have to load it on the kindle for my upcoming vacations.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2015, 10:28:15 PM »
RSR is like 40/60 bond/Clancy IMHO.  While the sub and navy parts are very Clancy, the germany part is -all- bond, and the Iceland part could go either way. 

Larry Bond has written a couple of my other favorites, Red Phoenix and Vortex. And then there's Harold Coyle.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.