Author Topic: Be sure to read...  (Read 15073 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Be sure to read...
« on: April 03, 2007, 03:51:44 PM »
the very top message in the list, the one that Oleg pinned there...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re: Be sure to read...
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »
It only takes a few.  I guess some people just cannot play nice with others.  Really hate to see this place go but I am just a guest of Oleg and he says that the party is over.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 04:20:09 PM »
I didn't steal the oxygen.  I just borrowed some. 

I was gonna give it back.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

TarpleyG

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2007, 04:27:46 PM »
Pick me!  Pick me!

Greg

Calumus

• friend
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2007, 04:27:56 PM »
Ah, man. I don't post that much; but I always play nice. I don't want to get left behind Sad

zahc

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2007, 04:30:23 PM »
Gah. This is seriously my favorite website. A breath of sanity.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2007, 04:30:41 PM »
That is very sad news indeed.  I have grown fond of this place and enjoy it immensely.  Lately it has been a place for me to release a lot of tension regarding my "little man."

I could not have said it better than wmenorr67
I am just a guest of Oleg.

I can't believe that someone would bandy threats. I am just speechless.

It has been great times though.
One last note...the biblical references were very well done.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2007, 04:33:05 PM »
Remember, the old (Irwin) won't make it anyways.....let's smother 'em with pillows!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 04:39:39 PM »
Looks like the picks are starting ( I take it from "friend" under the username). Remember in school when you hoped at least you wouldn't be the last one picked?  laugh
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 04:45:18 PM »
It has been interesting watching "this" forum evolve and change over time, from when it was first on THR.Org, its impending demise followed by reprieve then being set up as its own forum on new software.  I'm gonna miss it when it goes, being one of the first two sites I hit each morning (THR being the other).  But like Riddick said, "It all had to end sometime."

I can't believe that someone would bandy threats. I am just speechless.

Same here. Some people really ARE just a sorry waste of food and air.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2007, 04:50:12 PM »
Truly annoying.  Sometimes you just can't keep the trolls away.

Threats of violence?  How sad, not to mention stupid.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2007, 04:57:23 PM »
Truly annoying.  Sometimes you just can't keep the trolls away.

Threats of violence?  How sad, not to mention stupid.

HEY!

Don't make me come over there and kick your martian butt, Firethorn! Smiley
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2007, 05:01:06 PM »
^^^^^

Wow, just...wow...
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

armchair warrior

• friends
  • QuickDraw on THR
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2007, 05:01:16 PM »
Oh man!
I lurked for a while and then finally joined.
I feel like an "un-person". grin
Oh well,I'll miss all the truly intelligent
(and not so intelligent laugh) discussions.
Good bye cruel world!

onions!

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2007, 05:13:38 PM »
Swell.

Not unexpected,but-hmmm.

*sigh*

gregery

• friend
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 05:14:50 PM »
Sigh, obviously I haven't been doing enough in-depth readings of threads lately.  My skimming revealed very little defemation.

I used to post occasionaly and inoffensivly as possible under the tagline priv8ter, and I greatly enjoyed being able to follow the non-firearm related discussions from The Firing Line, to the Round Table attempt at The High Road, and then finally here, which looked like if not a utopia, at least a Satisfactory Solution.

I know it's 'not fittin' for a man to beg, but in the immortal words of Dr. Evil:

'Someone throw me a fricken' bone here!'

And even better, to stick with the Ark reference, since I am mostly assuxual, you won't even need to find me a mate!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 05:22:13 PM »
This space now for rent...

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 05:28:09 PM »
Wow! There is a lot more to life than the intarweb.
Some people haven't figured that out.

Sorry to see this place disappear.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Bob F.

• friend
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 05:45:22 PM »
RE: Threats--As Dad used to say: "There's always more horses' asses than horses."

Oleg's house, Oleg's rules. Thanks for the hospitality, Oleg.

Stay safe.
Bob
"I always have my primary weapon, it's right between my ears."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 05:51:44 PM »
Ah well.

Same reason why cities can't ever have nice things. Because some waste of air will come along and break the lanterns, tip over the benches and tear up the plants, just because they can.

Man, some people need to get a life. There's discussion, spirited discussion and disagreement, all happen on forums with adults. But threats and obsessive sneaking back in once kicked out, that's just...amazingly moronic.

Disappointing, it was an interesting forum, with varied viewpoints, and ACTUAL GRAMMAR AND SPELLING. That was a welcome rarity on the web. Threads like the 80's reminiscing were pretty fun. But it does belong to the admin, and everyone else is guests. Their house.

(Revision: I'd just noticed that I've been blessed with a friend tag as well. To whomever gave such...thank you. Smiley I do enjoy discussions here, and promise not to use more oxygen than I give back in actual helpful or...hopefully...amusing and interesting posts.)  grin

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 05:53:42 PM »
Something pretty cool and special for a lot of folks has been ruined by a single nut.  With, I suspect, a little help here and there over time from a few others.
Like another poster mentioned, this is also my favorite site.  Don't know why, it just worked out that way.  More time spent here than at THR. Usually the first place checked in the morning, and the last read at night. A fair amount of time perusing threads without posting.  Following the updates on J.J.'s little man, reading about folk's trials and tribulations with things from cars to computers.
Probably that way for a lot of people here.  Gonna miss everyone. Take care all.  sad
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 05:59:09 PM »
Following the updates on J.J.'s little man, reading about folk's trials and tribulations with things from cars to computers.
Probably that way for a lot of people here.

Definitely for me. I owe a few people some beers for computer and programming help, which was more useful than what I got from forums dedicated to the topic. Buncha fart smellers around here for sure.  Smiley
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 06:02:29 PM »
I am a "friend" now.. I feel like doing a happy dance...

I guess that means I don't have to bribe anyone!
*starts putting the pennies and other asst. change back into the change jar*

cosine

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 06:10:57 PM »
Darn. It's going to sound trite by now (so many others having said it), but I'm going to miss this place. Like others, it's usually the first site I visit each day.

I've always tried to get along here, I sure hope I'm not considered one of the oxygen thieves.
Have a good time wherever y'all go. Be well.
Andy

Oleg Volk

• Administrator
    • Volkstudio Blog
Just so no one gets offended
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 06:11:25 PM »
The "friend" tag has to be entered manually. I asked a couple of THR mods for help but have not yet set them up as APS admins. So the process is slow -- I add names as I spot them. The main method of updating he list will be recommendations of the currently invited friends. I reason that my friends and their friends would get along fine.

Basically, APS is becoming a gated community. The few lifeforms who can't stop from flinging gunk at humans will be left outside and flushed at intervals.