Author Topic: Any opinions on Clearwire?  (Read 626 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Any opinions on Clearwire?
« on: April 08, 2007, 09:50:41 AM »
I live about 25 miles north of Seattle and use Verizon DSL for my broadband.  It costs me $ 38/month for 768 kbps service, and Speedtest generally shows a download connection speed in the low to mid 500 kbps. 

Clearwire came into our area late last year.  It is a WiMax wireless ISP.  I see from their website that they offer 1500 kbps service for about the same price that I am paying for the half as fast DSL.  I have surfed the net and read the typical praise and criticism stories of Clearwire.  Does anyone here have any experience with them?  If so, are you happy with their service?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Phyphor

• friend
Re: Any opinions on Clearwire?
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 10:05:56 AM »
They're pretty good.  Make sure you get the "whole house as an antenna" package, as that works much better than their normal wifi modem.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Any opinions on Clearwire?
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 05:46:19 PM »
I use them, I think I pay 40 a month....they are ok but
they want me to pay 200 bucks penalty if I stop using them, which stinks
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."