Author Topic: Headphone recommendations?  (Read 704 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Headphone recommendations?
« on: April 11, 2007, 04:50:35 PM »

Well, it seems that the headphones that came with my Sony Discman many years ago have given up the ghost.  I'm looking for a new set.  Anyone have suggestions for what I should get (or, for that matter, avoid)?  If the price can be kept below $100, that would be great, but I'm willing to go a bit higher if need be.  Thanks for your input.

-Jack

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

zahc

• friend
Re: Headphone recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 05:17:40 PM »
Never go to head-fi.org. You will spend a lot of money.

Do you want little portable headphones, in-ear-monitors, sealed headphones, home-listening open headphones? What are you plugging these into?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 05:20:56 PM »
Do you want little portable headphones, in-ear-monitors, sealed headphones, home-listening open headphones? What are you plugging these into?

I'm looking for either little portable headphones or sealed.  I find the in-ear variety uncomfortable.

-J
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

zahc

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:07:23 PM »
I have had good luck with Koss headphones, for cheap and portable. The last one's I got off ebay for about ten dollars. The KSC-75 was a super amazing headphone for the price, but I think they discontinued it.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine