Author Topic: Moms Demand SWATting  (Read 2814 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Moms Demand SWATting
« on: October 05, 2014, 11:27:01 AM »

“Why hasn’t someone called 911 so the cops can gun him down?”

http://bearingarms.com/moms-demand-supporters-hope-executions-open-carriers/

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/389441/moms-demand-swatting-charles-c-w-cooke

They apparently want more people to get the John Crawford treatment - as long as they're white guys carrying legally.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Moms Demand SWATting
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 11:34:43 AM »
It's been my experience that many, if not most, anti-gunners are violent people at heart. They want their opponents killed. Many have told me they opposed concealed carry because they're afraid they'd shoot somebody. Those who know I carry will say, "give me your gun so I can shoot that guy."  Anti-gunners have gotten very violent at rallies.

I think psychologists call that "projection".

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 11:36:42 AM »
I want to say something surprised-sounding. But I'm not surprised, so...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 11:47:10 AM »
It's been my experience that many, if not most, anti-gunners are violent people at heart. They want their opponents killed. Many have told me they opposed concealed carry because they're afraid they'd shoot somebody. Those who know I carry will say, "give me your gun so I can shoot that guy."  Anti-gunners have gotten very violent at rallies.

I think psychologists call that "projection".

From a URL at the OP link. Kinda proves the point:

http://bearingarms.com/moms-demand-leader-deemed-threat-kids-barred-owning-guns/

The most vehemently anti-gun liberal at the old job was exactly what Monkeyleg described. Very bad temper when things didn't go his way and I once heard him say, " I hate guns, but I wish I had one right now so I could shoot this place up." The rest of the time he would talk about the stupid redneck gun owners and their violent ways.

I think part of it is a subculture of liberal parenting where kids are encouraged to "act out" on their feelings for their emotional health. It stays with them into adulthood. Of course part of living in a civilized society is learning not to act out on your anger and other negative emotions.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 03:22:14 PM »
I just read this weekend that one such 911 caller is being charged with manslaughter because the police showed up and executed someone based on the caller's bad information lies.  I can't remember which case it is.
"It's good, though..."

Chuck Dye

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 03:41:55 PM »
The main difference I see between their keyboard Rambos and our keyboard Rambos is that they fantasize action by .gov hired guns while ours desperately seek to articulate a justifying cause for their own fantasy action.  Pretty much dismissible, either way, until you get to the SWATting process.  The tort lawyers will have fun, the hired guns, perhaps not so much.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 03:46:26 PM by Chuck Dye »
Gee, I'd love to see your data!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 04:57:19 PM »
I guess the Wal-mart case will be the go-to object lesson in why you can't just go calling the police just because (you think) someone has a gun. Maybe some cops will learn to be skeptical of MWAG calls.

Here's an interesting article.

http://proudtobeafilthyliberalscum.com/2014/09/10/whoops-man-called-police-ohio-walmart-shooting-completely-changes-story/

For the left, being scared of a guy with a holstered gun is perfectly normal, but being scared of a black man holding a long gun in his hands is racist.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 06:15:10 PM »
It's been my experience that many, if not most, anti-gunners are violent people at heart.  . . .
I also believe some of the most INtolerant people around are liberals who have gained some power - even though they're exactly the same people who used to PREACH "tolerance."  \\

I just read this weekend that one such 911 caller is being charged with manslaughter because the police showed up and executed someone based on the caller's bad information lies.  I can't remember which case it is.
No tears for the fake 911 caller getting in hot water, but there's something terribly wrong when the actual triggerman gets off because he works for the government . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 07:58:05 PM »
The most vehemently anti-gun liberal at the old job was exactly what Monkeyleg described. Very bad temper when things didn't go his way and I once heard him say, " I hate guns, but I wish I had one right now so I could shoot this place up." The rest of the time he would talk about the stupid redneck gun owners and their violent ways.

Yep. My former (now retired) supervisor was like that. Rabidly anti-gun, but not at all a pacifist. One day he walked into the conference/lunch room while one of the other guys (a fellow Vietnam veteran) and I were discussing something about target shooting. The conversation didn't concern boss-man, he wasn't part of it, and it didn't even touch on shooting people but, the moment he heard "gun" he went ballistic. I suspect if I had looked closely I would have seen that he was foaming at the mouth. He launched into a tirade about how horrible guns are and how NOBODY should be allowed to own guns and guns are only for killing people and NOBODY should be allowed to own guns and only the police should have guns and ... and ... and ... and ...

The other guy and I waited him out. He finished his rant and left the room, and we just looked at each other with a "WTF" look.

I can't remember when I've seen somebody that angry -- and all over something that didn't even concern him.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2014, 08:04:18 PM »

A vision of feminine pulchritude. A paragon of gentility. The absolute embodiment of all that makes men lust after women.

[/sarcasm]
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 11:31:38 PM »
Criticizing her lack of pulchritude is counterproductive, and not really a class move on our part.

But one does enjoy using the word "pulchritude."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2014, 11:37:26 PM »
These are the kind of people who are itching to dig mass graves.

That is why I have zero tolerance for the leftists...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Re: Moms Demand SWATting
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 06:41:14 AM »
These are the kind of people who are itching to dig mass graves.

That is why I have zero tolerance for the leftists...
I know several of that sort.  "Liberal fascist" accusations drive them mad because it hits the mark.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Re: Re: Moms Demand SWATting
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 10:15:40 AM »
I know several of that sort.  "Liberal fascist" accusations drive them mad because it hits the mark.

That's because fascism is liberalism.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 10:28:06 AM »

You know, in general, I despise those stupid HR policies and workplace violence presentations that say things like "if you hear someone talking about guns or violence, it should be reported as a possible indication of a problem," but whenever someone, especially an anti gun type, expresses the desire to "shoot this place up" outside the context of a security training exercise, I'll be the first in line to report it to my supervisor, their supervisor, HR, the highest official of the company I can get my hands on quickly, the police and probably my attorney just in case, so that if anything happens to me as a result of HR failing to take swift, decisive and effective action, my kids might get more from the lawsuit that will follow.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2014, 02:39:09 PM »
The main difference I see between their keyboard Rambos and our keyboard Rambos is that they fantasize action by .gov hired guns while ours desperately seek to articulate a justifying cause for their own fantasy action.  Pretty much dismissible, either way, until you get to the SWATting process.  The tort lawyers will have fun, the hired guns, perhaps not so much.
Our keyboard Rambos generally fantasize of being the hero.  These liberal keyboard Rambos seem to want to be the ones who send the cops out after Rambo.  To me, that is a significant difference. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2014, 03:50:56 PM »
Our keyboard Rambos generally fantasize of being the hero.  These liberal keyboard Rambos seem to want to be the ones who send the cops out after Rambo.  To me, that is a significant difference. 

It is not like htey haven't been warning us, what with the Che t-shirts.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2014, 05:52:46 PM »
It's been my experience that many, if not most, anti-gunners are violent people at heart.

Shrunken amygdala.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2014, 06:02:10 PM »
Is it just me, or are the various types of liberals and SJWs coming out with more vitriol and hatred the last few years?
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2014, 06:04:05 PM »
Is it just me, or are the various types of liberals and SJWs coming out with more vitriol and hatred the last few years?

How far back are you comparing it to? The rise of social medium means that a lot more vitriol is on display.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2014, 07:10:42 PM »

How far back are you comparing it to? The rise of social medium means that a lot more vitriol is on display.
Truth. Previously you had to read it in books and magazines, and later on non-social media webpages, and it wasn't as easily shared. Now a screen capture can be spread easily.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2014, 07:22:56 PM »

Look back to the '60s and early '70s and the rise of the militiant leftists.

Back then it was not at your fingertips information, but their actions made the papers (riots, bombings, crimes). Weathermen, Black Panthers, SDS...

They have suppressed it for the most part in order to present a "friendlier face" to the world, but their real side is starting to show again. As tensions rise, a return to the violent actions would not surprise me if the conditions are right.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!