Author Topic: Spamalot - The musical  (Read 859 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Spamalot - The musical
« on: January 23, 2008, 04:56:24 PM »
My wife and I went to see Spamalot last night in Boston.  It is very funny, and I do recommend it if you like Monty Python type humor.

The storyline was about 80% The Holy Grail and 20% new material, but it was done thoroughly tongue-in-cheek.  There was a very good scene, and song, about how a play can't make it to Broadway without a Jew in the crew.  Really, it was all in fun.   grin

Go see it.  It is a touring show, so it might be near your city this year.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

MrRezister

• I resist. It's what I do.
  • friend
  • Shank, shank, shank mommy's ankles!
Re: Spamalot - The musical
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 04:41:21 AM »
I have to push the PRAM A LOT!!!!
He never brought you an unbalanced budget, which is a perennial joke. He never voted himself a wage increase and, to this day, gives back part of his salary every year. He has always voted to preserve the Constitution, cut government spending, lower healthcare costs, end the war on drugs, secure our borders with immigration reform and protect our civil liberties.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 06:59:11 AM »
Do they have shrubberies?

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

atomd

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 03:26:21 PM »
I saw it in Vegas last year. My wife and I both liked it. Unfortunately they just got Clay Aiken for their Broadway cast. Yuck.

They did a show a day or 2 after the last Harry Potter book came out and they gave out the ending of it in a song. Pretty funny stuff. I'm not into those musicals or any of that kinda stuff but that was pretty good for what it was.

Dannyboy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2008, 05:43:18 PM »
I saw Spamalot in NYC when it first opened.  I loved it.  You couldn't pay me to go see it now with the Gayken, as Kathy Griffin calls him.
Oh, Lord, please let me be as sanctimonious and self-righteous as those around me, so that I may fit in.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 04:00:39 AM »
He wasn't in the Boston show.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?