Author Topic: Interesting.....Perry whips out his veto pen.....  (Read 9309 times)

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
Re: Interesting.....Perry whips out his veto pen.....
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 07:28:47 PM »
Not in a lot of states, TX included.  If it doesn't rise to the level of reckless driving (class B misdemeanor, and requires driving with "wilful or wanton disregard" for safety - I'll dig up the case law that sets a requirement for malice to meet the "wilful or wanton" standard later) then it's not an offense.

From Branch's Annotated Penal Code: "The term wilfully should be defined in the charge of the court. The term wilfully means with evil intent, or with legal malice, or without reasonable grounds for believing the act to be lawful. Lane v State, 16 Texas Crim App 172. Farmer v State, 21 Texas Crim App 423: 2 SW 767 "

Good luck trying to prove that someone was texting or putting on makeup with evil intent.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2011, 01:11:17 AM »

Good luck trying to prove that someone was texting or putting on makeup with evil intent.

Being a woman should be proof enough....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2011, 11:04:19 AM »
But what I want to know is...is Perry a protege' of Karl Rove?

Is that a joke?  FTR, the Bushes and Rovians hate Perry.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2011, 05:51:01 PM »
They threatened to pull out of Texas if they passed the bill.  They've done the same for every other state that has tried the same thing.  I don't see why they'd treat Cali any differently.

And I was right. Looks like Amazon is set to pull out of California if they pass their internet tax bill: http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/29/thanks-a-lot-jerry-brown-amazo
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2011, 08:26:09 PM »
And I was right. Looks like Amazon is set to pull out of California if they pass their internet tax bill: http://reason.com/blog/2011/06/29/thanks-a-lot-jerry-brown-amazo

I'm hoping it will make a lot of other gun-and-accessory vendors get out.  What possesses them to set up shop in California in the first place is beyond me.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2011, 12:34:22 AM »
I'm hoping it will make a lot of other gun-and-accessory vendors get out.  What possesses them to set up shop in California in the first place is beyond me.

Profit. Loooooootttsss of folks in California, and despite the legislation lots of them like guns and buy anything they can get their hands on.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2011, 06:46:49 AM »
Profit. Loooooootttsss of folks in California, and despite the legislation lots of them like guns and buy anything they can get their hands on.

True. I've heard more than one gun manufacturer mention that California is their largest market.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »

When I was working at the engineering office in Santa Clarita, it seemed like about half the idle talk was about guns  :O
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin