Poll

Will we know the winner Election Day?

Yes
18 (42.9%)
No
24 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: November 07, 2012, 01:35:33 AM

Author Topic: Will We Know Today?  (Read 9265 times)

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Will We Know Today?
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2012, 08:01:08 PM »
If you gennuinely think that 50% of your own countrymen need only to be thought of as some kind of evil, and stupid, 'takers' that cannot be reasoned and bargained with, you do not deserve political victory.

And indeed, Romney literally thought this way, and did not deserve political victory, and did not win.

And people like Romney do not deserve to win. It is just sad that Obama was the other candidate.

Where did I say they were evil or stupid?   An individual voting based on how they 'feel' is not necessarily stupid, although one might certainly wonder about that.  They are ignorant at the least, maybe misguided, stupid at worst.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:05:53 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2012, 11:45:07 PM »
If you gennuinely think that 50% of your own countrymen need only to be thought of as some kind of evil, and stupid, 'takers' that cannot be reasoned and bargained with, you do not deserve political victory.

And indeed, Romney literally thought this way, and did not deserve political victory, and did not win.

And people like Romney do not deserve to win. It is just sad that Obama was the other candidate.

Romney's loss is perhaps the surest proof that he was right.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2012, 09:14:23 AM »
That war started in the '60s.  Headline: We lost.

+1.....now it's time to go to ground, take what jobs we can get, and visit a different bar on every Alliance Day.....

Romney's loss is perhaps the surest proof that he was right.

+∞
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2012, 04:47:55 PM »

Well, Romney "lost" something, but it wasn't the election.  What he lost was the vote count.

There's a difference.

Remember, if someone stacks the vote, stuffs the ballot box, forges thousands of ballots, that does not mean they outnumber you.  It only means they have "numbers" to back up their claim.

Lies, damned lies, and statistics vote counts.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."