Author Topic: Got your shot early? Oh Oh maybe not good.  (Read 476 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Got your shot early? Oh Oh maybe not good.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2021, 10:54:29 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 05:41:01 PM »
Hmpf.
This is why I never trusted this vaccine.  It was rushed into use, it never had the (normally) required clinical trials, and now they are either "bribing" you into getting the shots OR they are threatening you (extortion) with all kinds of dire consequences.
  [barf]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2021, 07:29:28 PM »
The vaccine is 95% effective against covid 19 1.0.   It's recently estimated @60% +   effective against the  D variant. 
Even well established vaccines have injured a few, including brain damage.  I know it's horrible to the people who do suffer but the benefits do outweigh the detriments.

Covid 19 is more dangerous than the vaccines.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2021, 09:41:23 PM »
Here in St. Louis, if you are not a geriatric nursing home patient, getting shot is more dangerous.
Blog under construction

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2021, 11:18:19 PM »
Grandpa Shooter, did you bother to read the source document?  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/08/18/press-briefing-by-white-house-covid-19-response-team-and-public-health-officials-50/

The article you linked makes it sound like people who got the vaccine early are worse off than the unvaccinated.  That is entirely unsubstantiated.

Grandpa Shooter

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2021, 10:20:10 AM »
Grandpa Shooter, did you bother to read the source document?  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/press-briefings/2021/08/18/press-briefing-by-white-house-covid-19-response-team-and-public-health-officials-50/

The article you linked makes it sound like people who got the vaccine early are worse off than the unvaccinated.  That is entirely unsubstantiated.

I put stuff up to evoke conversation.  I don't particularly trust any media outlet or source these days, and I'm not taking a position one way or the other.  Any choice I make is a purely personal one.