Author Topic: People easily stupider than Todd Akin  (Read 1638 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
People easily stupider than Todd Akin
« on: August 28, 2012, 07:47:18 PM »
I've been hearing about this on the radio all day. Apparently, the best way to fight back against the fictitious "War on Women," and force sexist Republican men to respect you, is to dress like female genitalia.

http://jezebel.com/5938249/protesters-dressed-as-giant-vaginas-greet-republican-national-convention-attendees

Let's watch out, though. They might decide to really show us that they demand to be respected for their minds, and not just for their bodies, by dressing like a pair of healthy bosoms. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Re: People easily stupider than Todd Akin
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 07:59:50 PM »
It would be more accurate to say protestors dressed up as giant labias, but maybe that doesn't have the same impact.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 09:01:16 PM »
It's always nice to see an inappropriate remark met with pure stupidity.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 10:11:39 PM »
It would be more accurate to say protestors dressed up as giant labias, but maybe that doesn't have the same impact.

I doubt any of them know the difference.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 08:58:46 AM »
I've been hearing about this on the radio all day. Apparently, the best way to fight back against the fictitious "War on Women," and force sexist Republican men to respect you, is to dress like female genitalia.

http://jezebel.com/5938249/protesters-dressed-as-giant-vaginas-greet-republican-national-convention-attendees

Let's watch out, though. They might decide to really show us that they demand to be respected for their minds, and not just for their bodies, by dressing like a pair of healthy bosoms. 

Obviously, they are the vanguard of the revulvalution.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »
Obviously, they are the vanguard of the revulvalution.
Tweeeeet!  Personal pun foul.
You!  To the showers.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 01:52:36 PM »
The war on women may be fictitious but the war on men--certain kinds of men--isn't.

The advance guard of the Left seems to be The Single Woman.  No society in history has been based on the needs and desires of single women; this one won't be either, not for long.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 04:59:05 PM »
The war on women may be fictitious but the war on men--certain kinds of men--isn't.

The advance guard of the Left seems to be The Single Woman.  No society in history has been based on the needs and desires of single women; this one won't be either, not for long.

"The War on Women is a myth, but the War on Men is not."

Okey. First off, there is an ounce of truth in both. Yea, Republicans are not recently known for being supportive of women in general. They have been trying to cut funding to a lot of women related funding issues. If they actually were unilaterally cutting across the board, fine. But when you make significant cuts in certain areas, and less in others. Gee, folks think you might be trying to advocate something.

I won't touch on abortion. Because honestly, the argument is more annoying than the subject. Everyone feels very strongly about it. And whatever your opinion is, I will without a single quibble agree with you entirely if you do not subject me to it. However, I will remark that the manner in which Republicans have pursued the matter can lend a feeling that they care more about control than the principles involved. I'm not saying that is or is not the case. Just the perception that has arisen.

In short, there is not an organized anti-women movement within the Republicans. But they do not go out of their way to counter that perception. Mostly. Some Republicans have been very verbally supportive of that perception, usually by sounding like a complete tool. Akin is not the first. Stephen Freind and Henry Aldridge made significant worse comments.

As for the "war on men", again, ounce of truth. A lot of child custody laws are biased in favor of women. But not all. I learned recently, that often there is no custodial difference between a child from consensual conception and rape. That is flat out insanity.

From my outside perspective, I don't think the Republican party in general is hostile to women. Certainly, plenty of its members and prominent speakers are by their own words. At best, they are indifferent. Certainly far from supportive, there is amble proof from the GOP legislative record that they're more hostile than supportive. Some of it is merely PR, some is ideology, some is that certain folks are just plain tools.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 05:06:27 PM »
Okey. First off, there is an ounce of truth in both. Yea, Republicans are not recently known for being supportive of women in general. They have been trying to cut funding to a lot of women related funding issues. If they actually were unilaterally cutting across the board, fine. But when you make significant cuts in certain areas, and less in others. Gee, folks think you might be trying to advocate something.
I guess you miss the point.  The reason many of those programs need to be cut from the FedGov is because they are often completely useless and accomplish nothing.  Cutting pork spending that is used to gain favor with special interest groups should not be construed as advocating anything but good government. 

I guess you also fall into the groups that think Republicans wanted to starve children when they talked about cutting federally funded school lunch programs. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 05:09:10 PM »
BS, Rev. The Republican War on Women is just like their War on Any Minority Group. The various wars amount to nothing more than failing to agree with the politic goals the left thinks women and minorities should endorse. The "perception" may exist that Republicans don't care about women, but you know perfectly well that is an artifact of the Left. The media could just as easily create such a perception about lefties, if they swung that way.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »
BS, Rev. The Republican War on Women is just like their War on Any Minority Group. The various wars amount to nothing more than failing to agree with the politic goals the left thinks women and minorities should endorse. The "perception" may exist that Republicans don't care about women, but you know perfectly well that is an artifact of the Left. The media could just as easily create such a perception about lefties, if they swung that way.
I guess you miss the point.  The reason many of those programs need to be cut from the FedGov is because they are often completely useless and accomplish nothing.  Cutting pork spending that is used to gain favor with special interest groups should not be construed as advocating anything but good government.  

I guess you also fall into the groups that think Republicans wanted to starve children when they talked about cutting federally funded school lunch programs.  

*shrug*

Hence why I went out of my way to mention a lot of it was perception based. But I did expect folks to automatically assume that was my opinion, even if I clearly explained it at the end. Also, reactions like these are why there is a perception issue.

I look forward to more statements of guessing or assertions of my beliefs. I'll be eating a light meal and then going to the gym for a while. Your guesses and assertions will be graded while consuming excellent beer afterwards. Bonus points to MechAg94 for "for the children", but half are redacted because of a lack of Hitler/Nazi and Stalin/communist references. Further points deducted for lack of bacon references. Sorry, about that, but 'ems the rules. This is the Internet, and we have rules.

And.... Go!
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2012, 05:37:03 PM »
Only a bunch of pussies would need to protest in costume.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2012, 07:12:50 PM »

"The War on Women is a myth, but the War on Men is not."

I won't touch on abortion. Because honestly, the argument is more annoying than the subject. Everyone feels very strongly about it. And whatever your opinion is, I will without a single quibble agree with you entirely if you do not subject me to it. However, I will remark that the manner in which Republicans have pursued the matter can lend a feeling that they care more about control than the principles involved. I'm not saying that is or is not the case. Just the perception that has arisen.

In short, there is not an organized anti-women movement within the Republicans. But they do not go out of their way to counter that perception. Mostly. Some Republicans have been very verbally supportive of that perception, usually by sounding like a complete tool. Akin is not the first. Stephen Freind and Henry Aldridge made significant worse comments.

As for the "war on men", again, ounce of truth. A lot of child custody laws are biased in favor of women. But not all. I learned recently, that often there is no custodial difference between a child from consensual conception and rape. That is flat out insanity.

From my outside perspective, I don't think the Republican party in general is hostile to women. Certainly, plenty of its members and prominent speakers are by their own words. At best, they are indifferent. Certainly far from supportive, there is amble proof from the GOP legislative record that they're more hostile than supportive. Some of it is merely PR, some is ideology, some is that certain folks are just plain tools.

I wasn't referring to the Republican Party, I was referring to the broader culture and the historical implications of what seems to be going on.  You can measure in ounces, some of us will measure in pounds.  

Misogyny is all too real; ditto male chauvinism.  But so is the pervasive "feminization" of the culture.  It's not a simple black and white thing, and I am not pretending it is, what I am saying is that the "sexual war" isn't just media hype or manipulation.  Our "economy" is increasingly a "consumer" economy; that means, increasingly, woman-driven and, more all the time, child/teenage driven.  Not important?  I beg to differ.  Is production important?  Is risk-taking?  And maybe you believe that our global enemy right now--I mean radical Islam--is just our antagonist by accident and that our views of men's and women's roles are just coincidental?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 07:23:31 PM by longeyes »
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
But I did expect folks to automatically assume that was my opinion, even if I clearly explained it at the end. Also, reactions like these are why there is a perception issue.

I look forward to more statements of guessing or assertions of my beliefs. I'll be eating a light meal and then going to the gym for a while. Your guesses and assertions will be graded while consuming excellent beer afterwards. Bonus points to MechAg94 for "for the children", but half are redacted because of a lack of Hitler/Nazi and Stalin/communist references. Further points deducted for lack of bacon references. Sorry, about that, but 'ems the rules. This is the Internet, and we have rules.

And.... Go!

Say what?  If you don't want people to struggle trying to figure out where exactly you stand on an issue, don't camouflage it so much that they do.

I'm certain you're not playing obtuse for the sake of having fun at other's expense so you can mock or otherwise get some smug in, right?  Otherwise we should probably have an offline PM discussion.

This forum is Oleg's social experiment.  I'm not so sure creating a playing field for head games was part of his original concept.  Talking proudly elsewhere about pinching a steaming pile in an APS thread won't garner you many extra Christmas cards, either.

We all know how to play nice.  I didn't enjoy finding the discussion elsewhere which led me to this thread.  I honestly hope I don't see something like that again.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2012, 11:28:20 PM »
*shrug*

Hence why I went out of my way to mention a lot of it was perception based. But I did expect folks to automatically assume that was my opinion, even if I clearly explained it at the end. Also, reactions like these are why there is a perception issue.

And.... Go!

Yawn. You claimed that you didn't buy into the War on Women hoax, then admitted that you do. I didn't have to guess about any of that.

Happy grading!