Author Topic: Somes folks should not be in Police work...  (Read 15802 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Somes folks should not be in Police work...
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2009, 12:29:11 PM »
i shouldn't read threads like this. they have a tendancy to make me feel physicaly ill. i'm with mike, there is no way in hell i could make it as a cop if i had to cover for officiers who did crap like this.

yet another reason why there are so many burnouts amoung the good cops that castle key spoke of i bet.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2009, 01:01:06 PM »
Very interesting!

If you read the account in the Philadelphia Inquirer, it indicates that the officer's son had a handgun with him, for which he supposedly had a CCW. He didn't draw it or flash it during the encounter.

It also says that the driver of the car had a handgun in his glovebox and has a CCW, but also did not draw it or flash it during either encounter.

So, it would appear that the ONLY one who used his gun inappropriately was the police officer. According to all of the anti-gun bedwetters, police officers are the ONLY people who can be trusted to carry/use firearms responsibly.

I feel so much safer...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2009, 01:16:56 PM »
This kind of stuff is precicely why I decided not to change careers to go into law enforcement.  The more I looked into it, the more of this kind of stuff I saw.

The thing that sickens me more is that for every story you read like this, there are 50 that you are NOT reading.  This comes directly from a family member who's an ex cop.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 02:39:05 PM »
This kind of stuff is precicely why I decided not to change careers to go into law enforcement.  The more I looked into it, the more of this kind of stuff I saw.

The thing that sickens me more is that for every story you read like this, there are 50 that you are NOT reading.  This comes directly from a family member who's an ex cop.
At the very least, this certainly wasn't the first time this particular cop used his badge for his own self interest. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 02:48:16 PM »
Very interesting!

If you read the account in the Philadelphia Inquirer, it indicates that the officer's son had a handgun with him, for which he supposedly had a CCW. He didn't draw it or flash it during the encounter.

It also says that the driver of the car had a handgun in his glovebox and has a CCW, but also did not draw it or flash it during either encounter.

So, it would appear that the ONLY one who used his gun inappropriately was the police officer. According to all of the anti-gun bedwetters, police officers are the ONLY people who can be trusted to carry/use firearms responsibly.

I feel so much safer...
But... but... the antis keep telling me that if everyone has a gun, these situations will just escalate into wild west shootouts...  :rolleyes:
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2009, 04:48:12 PM »
According to all of the anti-gun bedwetters, police officers are the ONLY people who can be trusted to carry/use firearms responsibly.

I feel so much safer...

Another story surfaces to prove your point:

http://apnews.myway.com//article/20090722/D99JMQRO3.html

Jul 22, 3:50 PM (ET)
AURORA, Colo. (AP) - A Denver police officer has been charged with felony menacing for allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant after getting tired of waiting for his food. Derrick Curtis, 29, Saunders also face charges of prohibited use of a weapon, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
An employee at the Aurora restaurant told investigators that two Denver police officers were waiting for their food at the drive-through window May 21 when one grew impatient and pulled his gun.
No one was injured.
Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson told The Denver Post that Saunders had been suspended with pay and would be put on unpaid leave once the department is formally notified of the charges.
There was no answer Monday at a phone number listed for Derrick Saunders.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Antibubba

• friend
I have a great respect for Law Enforcement, but...
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 01:15:59 AM »
An Internal Affairs investigation found no misconduct among officers who spoke with the clerk about the tape. But it concluded that Lopez had verbally abused Lawless, had jammed his gun into her face and had violated departmental procedures that night.

IA was not shown direct audio or video evidence the officers did such a thing, and since the word of a citizen is never to be trusted over that of a DELETED,  the matter was dropped.

...it needed to be said.  There are police officers, and there are DELETED, and as long as the first set continues to protect the second, there will be no difference in the eyes of the public.

EDIT: There is no doubt that this police officer is a bad apple, but we don't use those kinds of derogatory terms on APS.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:01:57 AM by Ben »
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

crt360

• friend
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 03:27:58 AM »
What's sad is that if the police departments quit sweeping their dirt under the rug and really punished the "few" bad cops, the amount of respect they would gain from the public could be enormous . . . and they fail to understand that, or worse, they understand it but don't care enough to do anything about it.
For entertainment purposes only.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 12:41:28 PM »
AURORA, Colo. (AP) - A Denver police officer has been charged with felony menacing for allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant after getting tired of waiting for his food. Derrick Curtis, 29, Saunders also face charges of prohibited use of a weapon, reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct.
Thank you for posting a story showing that in some places, these incidents are handled properly.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 03:36:37 PM »
these stories make me appreciate the sheriffs dept here.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

detritus

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2009, 06:18:42 PM »
We have a Judge Lawless in the local circuit court, which amuses me,

Yeah, the sheriff in a litlte town just down the road from me is named Robin Rape   :rolleyes:  now THAT is an ironic name for a cheif LEO!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2009, 06:26:25 PM »
An employee at the Aurora restaurant told investigators that two Denver police officers were waiting for their food at the drive-through window May 21 when one grew impatient and pulled his gun.
No one was injured.
Denver police spokesman Sonny Jackson told The Denver Post that Saunders had been suspended with pay and would be put on unpaid leave once the department is formally notified of the charges.
There was no answer Monday at a phone number listed for Derrick Saunders.

Obviously didn't get his "Liter-a-Cola," or they spit in his burger. :rolleyes:

Again... the first story didn't get RAPE when if one of the non-sainted-badged-ones like us did the same thing, it'd be rape.

The second story didn't get ASSAULT when if one of the non-sainted-badged-ones like us did the same thing, it'd be assault + an automatic 5 years for operation Exile due to felony crime with firearm.

Distinct double standard on the part of the DA's involved and judges as well.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

• friends
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »
Again... the first story didn't get RAPE when if one of the non-sainted-badged-ones like us did the same thing, it'd be rape.

nope   not even close
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Berettababe

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2009, 07:56:39 PM »

nope   not even close

Cass daddy- if you used the quote function properly, I would be able to understand what I'm replying to. Since you can bold his text, putting it in quote tags can't be that hard for you.

Are you saying that cops aren't held to a seperate standard, especially when minorities are considered? Or are you agreeing with the person you seem to be quoting?

Your lack of clarity almost seems deliberate.. but I can't put my finger on it yet.

• friends
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2009, 08:10:49 PM »
sorry !  good point.i see my mistake. i was saying that no way anyone would be charged with rape in that particular case .  they would face the same charges the cop did.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2009, 04:25:05 PM »
Yeah, the sheriff in a litlte town just down the road from me is named Robin Rape   :rolleyes:  now THAT is an ironic name for a cheif LEO!
We must be in the same general area.  I see those campaign signs a lot around work.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

detritus

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2009, 05:59:42 PM »
We must be in the same general area.  I see those campaign signs a lot around work.

He's the LEO for Jones Creek, TX.  I'm in Lake Jackson, you work in the Chem/petro industry?

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2009, 12:08:54 AM »
these stories make me appreciate the sheriffs dept here.

Yep, I sure do appreciate the good departments. 

When the LEOs from the local cop shop says "Sir" and "Thank you" and treats folks with respect on a regular basis & such respect for the citizenry is seen from different officers, its going to take more than a baseless accusation to believe they have done wrong.  Gonna have to prove it to me, 'cause I've seen them act like decent folk act.

OTOH, when the LEOs from another shop might as well have "ATTITUDE" carved into their buzz-cuts, are accused of being abusive currs, I am not so generous.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

• friends
« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2009, 09:22:48 AM »
yup  when we lost a deputy around here folks did the old take food to the cop shop thing. like you would for a friend that had lost a loved one. the school kids raised money for canine vests. our top cop rolls on drunk in public calls. shows up anywhere and everywhere. he personally fired a guy a while back who lost his head and slapped his g/f.  not in a week or a month but that night .   did i mention no union?

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 03:55:01 PM »
Yep, I sure do appreciate the good departments. 

When the LEOs from the local cop shop says "Sir" and "Thank you" and treats folks with respect on a regular basis & such respect for the citizenry is seen from different officers, its going to take more than a baseless accusation to believe they have done wrong.  Gonna have to prove it to me, 'cause I've seen them act like decent folk act.

OTOH, when the LEOs from another shop might as well have "ATTITUDE" carved into their buzz-cuts, are accused of being abusive currs, I am not so generous.

Yup. Just cause you've got a badge don't make you special. If I can be nice to the effing hajjis after they kill my friends you can treat everyone with respect.

yup  when we lost a deputy around here folks did the old take food to the cop shop thing. like you would for a friend that had lost a loved one. the school kids raised money for canine vests. our top cop rolls on drunk in public calls. shows up anywhere and everywhere. he personally fired a guy a while back who lost his head and slapped his g/f.  not in a week or a month but that night .   did i mention no union?

Yep. I wonder if the cops would think it odd if I called them to see what kind of union they have?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2009, 04:09:43 PM »
we have a sheriff who started when he was 17 as a police explorer  went to college for all the right degrees and keeps up with his education and encourages his guys to. he makes it look easy. odd thing is these guys pump iron together keep getting bigger and bigger.not a bad thing

BrokenPaw

• friends
  • Sedit qvi timvit ne non svccederet.
    • ShadowGrove Interpath Ministry
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2009, 04:21:34 PM »
If I can be nice to the effing hajjis after they kill my friends you can treat everyone with respect.

Quoted for ironic poignancy.

Either your wit is dryer than mine and I've missed the humor here, or perhaps your statement could be rephrased.

-BP
Seek out wisdom in books, rare manuscripts, and cryptic poems if you will, but seek it also in simple stones and fragile herbs and in the cries of wild birds. Listen to the song of the wind and the roar of water if you would discover magic, for it is here that the old secrets are still preserved.

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2009, 04:41:22 PM »
Quoted for ironic poignancy.

Either your wit is dryer than mine and I've missed the humor here, or perhaps your statement could be rephrased.

-BP

My point was that while I may have greatly disliked the people I dealt with, I treated them well. I don't really care if cops like the citizens in their district or think they are useless scum. I care how they treat them. My dislike for the Iraqis I dealt with only underscores the point.

Fyi, I was in a former Sunni, Baath party stronghold. A charming combination of the naturally wonderful Iraqi culture combined with years of being treated as ubermensch cause Saddam was their homeboy. Many of the people I dealt with did not deserve the politeness I showed them. I'm sure many of the people cops in bad areas deal with are vile criminals, but they need to be treated respectfully whether they deserve it or not.

If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

• friends
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2009, 05:10:11 PM »
i think part of the problem is the length of time they have deal with societys less desireable.  it wears em down

Balog

• friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2009, 06:40:54 PM »
i think part of the problem is the length of time they have deal with societys less desireable.  it wears em down

Most child molesters were abused themselves. Doesn't excuse their behaviour. I don't know what cops need to do to pull their heads out and start acting right, but whatever it is they need to make it a priority rfn. Needs to start from the top down.