Author Topic: Please vote in two Constitutional Carry Polls for Wisconsin  (Read 1686 times)

fifth_column

• friend

Legislation has been proposed in Wisconsin that addresses concealed carry of a firearm. There are competing versions of the bills, and what the bill that is finally introduced will look like is still being decided. Allowing "constitutional carry" or forcing permits/registration on law-abiding gun owners is being debated. Regardless of where you stand on the issue please vote in the following polls:

http://www.wpr.org/cardin/

http://www.jsonline.com/polls/121491889.html

Thank You
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Re: Please vote in two Constitutional Carry Polls for Wisconsin
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 02:09:43 PM »
done
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 03:20:46 PM »
done

Looks like quite a difference at the moment in the two polls
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Nightfall

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:43:19 PM »
Done.
It is difficult if not impossible to reason a person out of a position they did not reason themselves into. - 230RN

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:57:20 PM »
Why not have both?

I really fail to grasp why not just combine the two bills, Kang and Kodos style.

"Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others."

No permit required to carry in state for anyone; shall-issue permit available for those who might like to leave the state and have reciprocity, without having to send their money and personal info to Utah or Florida.

Has no one suggested actual "Alaska/AZ/WY/MT Carry" to the legislators involved?

They are aware of the weaknesses of "Vermont Carry" reciprocity-wise right?

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 12:23:59 PM »
Why not have both?

I really fail to grasp why not just combine the two bills, Kang and Kodos style.

"Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others."

No permit required to carry in state for anyone; shall-issue permit available for those who might like to leave the state and have reciprocity, without having to send their money and personal info to Utah or Florida.

Has no one suggested actual "Alaska/AZ/WY/MT Carry" to the legislators involved?

They are aware of the weaknesses of "Vermont Carry" reciprocity-wise right?

I believe they are aware of the weaknesses of a VT-only system, and that the Constitutional Carry version of the bill does not have it for one of two reasons.

1. They intend to merge the bills as a "compromise" and indeed get AK/AZ carry with optional permits for reciprocity at some point in the legislative/committee process.

2. The Constitutional Carry bill is just a decoy to freak out the antis, draw their fire, and allow the shall-issue bill to sail through unmolested, and was always intended so from the beginning.

The "ideal" situation would be a three-tier system.

1. Constitutional Carry VT/AK/AZ style.
2. Optional shall-issue permits for reciprocity.
3. Optional shall-issue permits with a training endorsement added for enhanced reciprocity.

No crazy alcohol/bar/restaurant rules other than no drinking yourself, or even better, "not intoxicated".
Parking lot storage for posted employers.
University/campus carry.
Mandate Lockers for prohibited buildings like Police stations, court houses etc.
Texas-style .30-06 signage rules (i.e. big, ugly, specific wording, every entrance) and unlike TX the signs only have trespass authority. i.e. they have to spot you, ask you to leave, and then you have to further be a complete idiot and refuse. After that, it's misdemeanor trespass only.

I promise not to duck.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2011, 12:37:05 PM »
I believe they are aware of the weaknesses of a VT-only system, and that the Constitutional Carry version of the bill does not have it for one of two reasons.

1. They intend to merge the bills as a "compromise" and indeed get AK/AZ carry with optional permits for reciprocity at some point in the legislative/committee process.

2. The Constitutional Carry bill is just a decoy to freak out the antis, draw their fire, and allow the shall-issue bill to sail through unmolested, and was always intended so from the beginning.

The "ideal" situation would be a three-tier system.

1. Constitutional Carry VT/AK/AZ style.
2. Optional shall-issue permits for reciprocity.
3. Optional shall-issue permits with a training endorsement added for enhanced reciprocity.

No crazy alcohol/bar/restaurant rules other than no drinking yourself, or even better, "not intoxicated".
Parking lot storage for posted employers.
University/campus carry.
Mandate Lockers for prohibited buildings like Police stations, court houses etc.
Texas-style .30-06 signage rules (i.e. big, ugly, specific wording, every entrance) and unlike TX the signs only have trespass authority. i.e. they have to spot you, ask you to leave, and then you have to further be a complete idiot and refuse. After that, it's misdemeanor trespass only.

It's like one beautiful mind in two less than beautiful bodies.  =D

That makes sense as a strateegery.
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2011, 02:33:48 PM »
[quietly leaves room]
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2011, 04:07:26 PM »
It's like one beautiful mind in two less than beautiful bodies.  =D

That makes sense as a strateegery.

It would be more beautiful if they actually meant it with the Constitutional Carry bill.  =|
I promise not to duck.

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2011, 04:11:41 PM »
It would be more beautiful if they actually meant it with the Constitutional Carry bill.  =|

They may get more than they bargain for.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2011, 05:13:34 PM »
Having never heard her program, Joy Cardin looks like a self-righteous busy-body who will soil herself if the poll continues to trend the way it stands now.  =D
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2011, 06:37:52 PM »
Having never heard her program, Joy Cardin looks like a self-righteous busy-body who will soil herself if the poll continues to trend the way it stands now.  =D

Like most internet news polls, they don't really give a crap who wins in the poll, or even all that much if someone is "Freeping it". The object is just to generate page hits and click-thru.

Landsliding the polls in favor of RKBA or Libertarian/Right directions never hurts with PBS/NPR or the MSM, since it at least keeps them from desiring to cite the polls in future articles, editorials, or broadcasts, and it may cause some of our ideological enemies who are also voting on the poll to feel a bit demoralized.
I promise not to duck.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 01:34:47 AM »
Just as some results from the polls.

Joy Cardin:
Con Carry - 65%
Permit Carry - 14%
No Carry (Boo) - 20%

WSJ:
Con Carry -62%
Permit Carry - 23%
No Carry (Boo) - 15%

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.