Author Topic: The Nigerian spammers are getting funnier at least  (Read 1587 times)

BryanP

• friendly hermit
  • friend
The Nigerian spammers are getting funnier at least
« on: November 21, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »
Or at the least their English is improving.

Federal Bureau of Investigation
intelligence field unit
J. Edgar Hoover building
935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW Washington, DC.

urgent attention: beneficiary
I am special agent John Edward, representing the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) intelligence unit. we have just intercepted and confiscated two (2) trunks at John F Kennedy airport in New York, and are on the verge of moving it to our bureau headquarters.

We have scanned these boxes, and have found them to contain a total sum of $4.1 million and accompanying documents which bears your name as the receiver of this money. The investigation carried out on this diplomat who accompanied these trunks into the united states uncovered that he was to deliver this money to your residence as payment owed to you as payment for a contract, inheritance, lotto, loan, etc.

we cross-checked all legal documentation in the trunks, and were about to release the consignment to the diplomat, when we found out that the trunks are missing two very important documents, which resulted in the confiscation of this money.

According to section 229, subsection 31 of the 1991 constitution in tax payment, your consignment lacks a proof of ownership certificate, and also the legal delivery permit clearance certificate from the joint team of the IRS and homeland security. Therefore, you must contact us for instructions as for procuring the two certificates then you will be cleared of the suspicion of tax evasion. This crime is a punishable offense under section 12, subsection 441 of the IRS tax code.

you are therefore required to get back to me at this email address{agent.john_e0001@superposta.com} within 72hours. i will then guide you on how to get the needed documents. Failure to comply with our directive may lead you into legal trouble as you may be arrested, interrogated and prosecuted in the court of law for money laundering.

We may also get the Financial Action Task Force on money laundering (FATF) involved if you do not follow our instructions. You are also advised not to get in contact with any bank in Africa, Europe or any other institution, as your money is already here in the United States of America, and will be delivered to any country of your choice, once you secure these required documents.

Yours in service

Agent John Edward
regional director
federal bureau of investigation
e-mail:agent.john_e0001@superposta.com
"Inaccurately attributed quotes are the bane of the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

never_retreat

• Head Muckety Muck
  • friend
Re: The Nigerian spammers are getting funnier at least
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »
At least they did not type it all in caps. Nothing says serious like all capitol letters.
I needed a mod to change my signature because the concept of "family friendly" eludes me.
Just noticed that a mod changed my signature. How long ago was that?
A few months-mods

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 05:45:12 PM »
It must be legitimate because all FBI agents use @superposta.com for official e-mail. They could never work under cover if they used something like @fbi.gov
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 07:12:19 PM »
You don't want to run afoul of FATF.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 09:31:27 PM »
It looks like some of Melvin's finest work.

(Yes, I have Monster Hunter International on the brain these days!)
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Lee

• friend
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2012, 11:15:29 AM »
My brother has been getting spam snail mail from them lately. Evidently the descendents of ghadaffi are looking to move millions. :)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 03:57:35 PM »
My brother has been getting spam snail mail from them lately. Evidently the descendents of ghadaffi are looking to move millions. :)

Wasn't he Lybian?  No, not your brother, the other guy.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.