Author Topic: @Stake: GOP Health Scare. Democrat email.  (Read 3547 times)

Desertdog

• friends
@Stake: GOP Health Scare. Democrat email.
« on: August 06, 2009, 01:43:03 PM »
In my email today is this email bragging of how they have raised $500,000+ to fight for the passing of the Health Care bill.
With $500,000 put in the right hands should be able to pass anything.

@Stake: GOP Health Scare

Republicans wanted a fight on health insurance reform this summer? Thanks to you, they're about to get more than they bargained for.

The DCCC Shatters Grassroots Fundraising Goal

We did it! Thanks to you, we shattered our goal of raising $500,000 dollars in grassroots gifts to the DCCC's Emergency Health Care Rapid Response Fund.

Your incredible support means that President Obama will now have your firepower behind him as he fights the false attacks and holds Republicans accountable for trying to protect the status quo for big health insurance companies.

Take Action on Health Care

With Republicans using high-powered lobbyists to help them fight for the big insurance companies, President Obama is counting on a genuine grassroots effort by Democrats like you.

Thousands of grassroots supporters joined us for last week's DCCC Health Care Tele-Town Hall where we launched our month-long major grassroots and advertising offensive called Health Care ER.

This week, we're launching our Letters to the Editor drive to hold Republicans accountable for protecting health insurance company profits at the expense of affordable health care for families. Visit the DCCC's Health Care ER to send your Letter to the Editor Supporting President Obama's Plan for Real Health Insurance Reform.

Thanks to your support, the DCCC is running radio ads in targeted Republican districts to hold them accountable for trying to obstruct health insurance reform through their scare tactics and just-say-no protection of big insurance companies. We can't thank you enough.

Republicans and Special Interests Sink to New Lows

Republicans are Just Making Stuff Up

It's getting hard to keep track of all the truth-twisting attacks by the Republicans in their drive to preserve the status quo for big health insurance companies. 
That's why the DCCC has launched HealthCareFactCheck.com, to expose these false attacks.

But we can't do it alone. We need you to be our eyes and ears on the ground. Visit HealthCareFactCheck.com to let us know every time you hear about a new truth-twisting GOP attack.

Democratic Members of Congress Receive Fake Letters

Imagine this. A Democratic Congressman, trying to decide how to vote on an important piece of legislation, receives several letters opposing the bill from a group that represents minority interests in the district. But it turns out those letters were fake and actually written by lobbyists.

Republicans Gone Wild at Health Care Town Halls

You know all those images of 'ordinary Americans' at town hall meetings who are supposedly rising up against health insurance reform? It turns out all that anger was manufactured by a conservative group trying to protect the insurance companies.

These organized mobs of far-right extremists are showing just how far President Obama's opponents are willing to go to protect the status quo. Some of these groups have even taken the sickening step of hanging Members of Congress in effigy. Make sure you've got the facts and share them with your friends.

As the fight to provide quality, affordable health care for all Americans heats up in the weeks and months ahead, stay tuned for future editions of @Stake for the latest breaking news and more ways that you can help President Obama win this fight.

Thanks again for all of your incredible grassroots support,

Jon Vogel
Executive Director, DCCC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Receive our latest updates on:

If you are having trouble with any of the links, cut and paste the following into your browser:
http://www.dccc.org/atstake080609

This message was emailed to: FOSTERJE@YAHOO.COM
To unsubscribe from this email list, please use the link below:
http://www.dccc.org/page/unsubscribe/

To make sure you always get our emails add dccc@dccc.org to your address book.
Find out more about adding us to your address book here.

Paid for by Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee.
430 South Capitol Street, S.E. Washington, D.C. 20003
(202) 863-1500 - www.dccc.org
Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

Contributions or gifts to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee are not tax deductible.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 02:59:53 PM by Desertdog »

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: @Stake: GOP Health Scare.
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 02:05:41 PM »
It turns out all that anger was manufactured by a conservative group trying to protect the insurance companies.

I love how they don't give the name of the "group" which typically goes by the name "conservative Americans." As though it were an evil third hand. LOL.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

buzz_knox

• friend
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 02:20:48 PM »
The White House wants you to send it any e-mails spreading disinformation.  I think this counts.

Standing Wolf

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 02:41:29 PM »
These organized mobs of far-right extremists are showing just how far President Obama's opponents are willing to go to protect the status quo. Some of these groups have even taken the sickening step of hanging Members of Congress in effigy.

Effigy, hunh?
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 02:46:42 PM »
They can brush off the angry voters as "astroturfers" or hired protesters, but only at their own peril. The little snots in DC had better realize that the taxpayers are about to blow a fuse.

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 02:47:40 PM »
Some of these groups have even taken the sickening step of hanging Members of Congress in effigy.
I am sure if they had, it would have been all over the Obama Networks.  Have not even read about on the computer.  Must be a lie.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 02:53:18 PM »
They can brush off the angry voters as "astroturfers" or hired protesters, but only at their own peril. The little snots in DC had better realize that the taxpayers are about to blow a fuse.

I doubt it, majority will roll over on their belly as usual. Beltway crooks know that and that is why they get away with what they do.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »
I am sure if they had, it would have been all over the Obama Networks.  Have not even read about on the computer.  Must be a lie.

Sounds like, since it's "ObamaCare," it would then be politically appropriate to hang Obama mannequins in effigy.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: @Stake: GOP Health Scare. Democrat email.
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 04:55:05 PM »
Republicans wanted a fight on health insurance reform this summer?

They did?   ;/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 05:36:27 PM »
I doubt it, majority will roll over on their belly as usual.

I don't know about that, Charby. I haven't yet met a person--Dem or Repub--who isn't steaming mad about all this. I'm not saying that people are going to take to the streets, but I could see the Democrats getting creamed next year, even worse than in 1994.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 05:48:00 PM »
I don't know about that, Charby. I haven't yet met a person--Dem or Repub--who isn't steaming mad about all this. I'm not saying that people are going to take to the streets, but I could see the Democrats getting creamed next year, even worse than in 1994.

Too bad so many 'pubbies are going along with it. Isn't the current GOP party line just a less sweeping version of socialized health care?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 06:51:58 PM »
Too bad so many 'pubbies are going along with it. Isn't the current GOP party line just a less sweeping version of socialized health care?

Yes, and that's because this has been another exercise in incrementalism. Everyone said "hell no" to nationalized health care in the 1990's. Proponents have been pushing long enough that they've moved the goal post. It's no longer a choice between national health care or no national health care, but rather a choice between coverage for everyone or coverage for a few.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 07:29:51 PM »
If Republicans were going along with Obama's health care bill, then it would have passed already.  We'd all be watching a pompous, celebratory signing ceremony on the White House lawn right now.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 12:20:45 AM »
If Republicans were going along with Obama's health care bill, then it would have passed already.  We'd all be watching a pompous, celebratory signing ceremony on the White House lawn right now.

Instead, we will get to watch a pompous, celebratory signing ceremony on the White House lawn in December.  It's coming, have no doubt about it.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

• friend
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 05:29:19 AM »
I don't know how bad it was, but there are reports that a [I assume conservative] protester got assaulted by some liberal protesters at a St Louis "town meeting".  I see bad things happening if this starts.  =(

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 07:43:49 AM »
Yeah, well, it ain't easy to be a black conservative.

Kenneth Gladney, 38, a conservative activist from St. Louis, said he was attacked by some of those arrested as he handed out yellow flags with "Don't tread on me" printed on them. He spoke to the Post-Dispatch from the emergency room at St. John's Mercy Medical Center, where he said he was awaiting treatment for injuries to his knee, back, elbow, shoulder and face. Gladney, who is black, said one of his attackers, also a black man, used a racial slur against him before the attack. "It just seems there's no freedom of speech without being attacked," he said.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/nation/story/5420430FDF2036F08625760B00136BBC?OpenDocument

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 10:06:24 AM »

Yes the Democrats could loose power in 2010 or 2012 but what is done will be done. We got a president who is taking extra steps to make sure this happens. Also if this goes through the entitled class of people will probably continue to vote democrat because the Democrats deliver the goods to them. Folks are going to complain about socialized health care, but too many people in power have a hard on to get it passed and it will be passed.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 10:06:42 AM »
Drudge had this Peggy Noonan article linked.  I thought the tale end of the editorial was pretty good.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204908604574334623330098540.html

All of this is unnecessarily and unhelpfully divisive and provocative. They are mocking and menacing concerned citizens. This only makes a hot situation hotter. Is this what the president wants? It couldn’t be. But then in an odd way he sometimes seems not to have fully absorbed the awesome stature of his office. You really, if you’re president, can’t call an individual American stupid, if for no other reason than that you’re too big. You cannot allow your allies to call people protesting a health-care plan “extremists” and “right wing,” or bought, or Nazi-like, either. They’re citizens. They’re concerned. They deserve respect.

The Democrats should not be attacking, they should be attempting to persuade, to argue for their case. After all, they have the big mic. Which is what the presidency is, the big mic.

And frankly they ought to think about backing off. The president should call in his troops and his Congress and announce a rethinking. There are too many different bills, they’re all a thousand pages long, no one has time to read them, no one knows what’s going to be in the final one, the public is agitated, the nation’s in crisis, the timing is wrong, we’ll turn to it again—but not now. We’ll take a little longer, ponder every aspect, and make clear every complication.

You know what would happen if he did this? His numbers would go up. Even Congress’s would. Because they’d look responsive, deliberative and even wise. Discretion is the better part of valor.

Absent that, and let’s assume that won’t happen, the health-care protesters have to make sure they don’t get too hot, or get out of hand. They haven’t so far, they’ve been burly and full of debate, with plenty of booing. This is democracy’s great barbaric yawp. But every day the meetings seem just a little angrier, and people who are afraid—who have been made afraid, and left to be afraid—can get swept up. As this column is written, there comes word that John Sweeney of the AFL-CIO has announced he’ll be sending in union members to the meetings to counter health care’s critics.

Somehow that doesn’t sound like a peace initiative.

It’s going to be a long August, isn’t it? Let’s hope the uncharted territory we’re in doesn’t turn dark.
I tend to agree with the first part of this quote.  The Democrats have the Congress and the Presidency and they still have the media, yet they still resort to some nasty tactics rather than simply selling their ideas.  That isn't leadership at all.

Personally, I don't think the idea of them backing off will happen.  IMO, it is precisely the parts of these bills that the American people don't want which the Democrat leadership most want to put into law.  More time, more open debate is not what they want and will only either defeat their bill or water it down.  The last comment about union members getting involved doesn't sound like "backing off" either.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge