Author Topic: Women will be able to handle combat if  (Read 3546 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Women will be able to handle combat if
« on: March 16, 2013, 07:16:08 PM »
they can do three pullups.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=34586

The Marines are currently requiring three (3) pullups to pass the physical fitness test?

Admittedly, I, much like BG Loretta Reynolds, cannot currently do even one.  But back in the day ..... I managed to complete the last one needed to meet the minimum number, thanks to encouragement from my Drill Instructor.  And that was more than three.  And yes, I firmly believed he could and would do what he promised to do if I did not get my chin over that bar.  Motivation - the best motivator of all.

stay safe.

If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
Re: Women will be able to handle combat if
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 07:20:12 PM »
Women will be able to handle combat if
\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 08:03:57 PM »
The delusional war against human nature itself continues.

I clicked through to the wapo link to ensure you were not spoofing me with an onion article.  Sadly, you were not perpetrating a joke, the executive branch and .mil is.

OK, is there any question that .mil will lower standards to allow women into combat units?  I don;t think so.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 09:08:09 PM »
And ironically, ypu dont see any women in the NFL- a freaking sport not a life or death occupation
Why? Because there is few if any females in the entire world that can meet the strength and speed standards.
Deity made men and women different for important reasons.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

birdman

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 09:16:58 PM »
And ironically, ypu dont see any women in the NFL- a freaking sport not a life or death occupation
Why? Because there is few if any females in the entire world that can meet the strength and speed standards.
Deity made men and women different for important reasons.
Actually a woman is trying out at the regional combine...as a kicker of course.
Weird thing is, she is an MIT alum as well.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 09:21:05 PM »
Ive heard.i also heard she is a complete embarassment.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 10:09:34 PM »

I won't even link it. It was painful to watch..
I promise not to duck.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 10:33:06 PM »
they can do three pullups.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=34586

The Marines are currently requiring three (3) pullups to pass the physical fitness test?

Admittedly, I, much like BG Loretta Reynolds, cannot currently do even one.  But back in the day ..... I managed to complete the last one needed to meet the minimum number, thanks to encouragement from my Drill Instructor.  And that was more than three.  And yes, I firmly believed he could and would do what he promised to do if I did not get my chin over that bar.  Motivation - the best motivator of all.

stay safe.

iirc it was ten in the late seventies, for me at least as I was very popular. :cool:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »
The delusional war against human nature itself continues.

I clicked through to the wapo link to ensure you were not spoofing me with an onion article.  Sadly, you were not perpetrating a joke, the executive branch and .mil is.

OK, is there any question that .mil will lower standards to allow women into combat units?  I don;t think so.

Wait till you hear about the pilot program for ranger school

In addition to a special ombudsman that reports directly to the secretary of the army, RTB has been directed, yes directed, that a certain percentage of female applicants WILL pass
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 12:11:54 AM »

In addition to a special ombudsman that reports directly to the secretary of the army, RTB has been directed, yes directed, that a certain percentage of female applicants WILL pass

:facepalm: That should go over well. Is there actually somebody who sits there and comes up with ideas like that and after writing it down is like "Man, this is such an awesome idea. I don't see what could possibly go wrong with it."?  ???
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2013, 12:31:13 AM »

Answer is obvious. If all the female applicants washed out it would make the social-engineering administration look like idiots (not that they need help in that regard) and the public might realize that this isn't such a good idea after all.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2013, 02:37:56 AM »
:facepalm: That should go over well. Is there actually somebody who sits there and comes up with ideas like that and after writing it down is like "Man, this is such an awesome idea. I don't see what could possibly go wrong with it."?  ???

As a matter of fact there is someone who sits there and comes up with ideas like that, his name is fistful. =D
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

erictank

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2013, 05:18:48 AM »
As I understand it, 3 pullups is currently the bare-minimum-acceptable for males, at least over 30 (under 30, I think they have to do more, or at least do lots better on the run and/or crunches to get enough total points to pass). Still, if women only EVER have to do 3, that's proof of lower standards, which the .gov CLAIMED wouldn't happen in order to get women into combat positions.

And some people out there actually BELIEVED them. :facepalm:

birdman

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 09:17:41 AM »

Well, yeah.  Duh.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 10:09:59 AM »
The PFT is a combined score.  You gotta do all the minimums to pass.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 08:32:05 PM »
When enough women don't return from combat zones, recruitment will fall and the whole program will be quietly shelved.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 08:44:44 PM »
The problem with that is all the soldats who get killed because of this, they are not asking for this program yet they will pay the price.

I remember though that during the Yugo meltdown there was an all female unit called the Bluebirds who were highly motivated to do damage to the other side. IIRC they were snipers, not the sort that takes positions and clears buildings and so forth. Also Russian women served in AA batteries as gunners and such but for going forward into the breach they are not your best choice.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 12:57:33 AM »
And infantry and recon and tank crew(wo)men.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2013, 12:44:55 AM »
http://freebeacon.com/female-marines-fail-infantry-officer-course/

Sort of like that girl who made a go of it in football.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2013, 01:55:45 AM »
Women were not required to do pullups when I was a grunt, just "flexed arm hangs."

The gender inequality of women with far, far lower PFT requirements was actually a big deal, goven how heavily promotion depended on PFT scores.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.