Author Topic: Why Didn't I Think of Selling These?  (Read 1078 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Why Didn't I Think of Selling These?
« on: January 20, 2013, 01:38:49 PM »
I always joke around at work about selling government stuff assigned to me via my "Ben's Government Stuff at Low Low Prices to You Out My Office Window Store".

These guys however, have it all over me. Those of you in Federal service or the military are likely quite familiar with these. Federal Supply Service notebooks, manufactured by prisoners or more likely the blind, because they are an ugly puke green color to, in my opinion, keep them from migrating "for home use". The picture at the website does not do justice to how ugly they are. I'm pretty sure they cost under a buck to make. I'm trying to figure out what demographic thinks these are cool enough to pay 35 bucks a pop.

http://shop.roguewavesurfshop.com/product/federal-supply-service-notebook
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Why Didn't I Think of Selling These?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2013, 03:47:24 PM »
Yep, made by the blind, IIRc from my Army daze.  I would like to get some of the pocket sized little green notebooks.  You can keep the guaranteed-to-only-write-one-word-before-drying-up Skillcraft pens. 

Do you have an inventory of what BGSALLPTYOMOWS has in stock?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2013, 04:26:17 PM »
Those are not only wonderful, but necessary, for preventing folks who suddenly thought better of what they just committed to paper from being able to make changes to something more politically correct or socially acceptable.  Log-books mostly, but some are ruled appropriately for inventory control or even fund accounting.

I carried one around and entered info on who & where & when I saw someone in any of the prison facilities - in addition to the work reports I was required to submit.  It was a private record and protected from review unless they wanted to acuse me of something like being an accessory to some crime or crime conspiracy.  Took it to court a few times to prove I had/had not seen some inmate at a certain time on a certain day when that inmate ended up being charged with doing somethibf nefarious.  Helped convict a few, helped keep a few who were not guilty from being railroaded.  Kept me from being fired a few times, and was the final nail in the coffins of a few utterly dispicable folks who should have been fried a long time before it finally happened.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2013, 05:38:25 PM »
Do you have an inventory of what BGSALLPTYOMOWS has in stock?

Heh. I'll add you to my monthly email sales alerts. At least until such time that I end up in Leavenworth, when my new store will be selling little rocks that I made out of big rocks.  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2013, 06:47:07 PM »
That is the same book we use. I find it humorous how the blind are making things that is very much sight oriented,  :lol:

Those are not only wonderful, but necessary, for preventing folks who suddenly thought better of what they just committed to paper from being able to make changes to something more politically correct or socially acceptable.

Just one-line and initial and you are good to go.

I'm trying to figure out what demographic thinks these are cool enough to pay 35 bucks a pop.

It's sold to the government, they probably think $35 is a bargain. :lol: I've joked about making some type of special screw that requires a special tool to unscrew it and selling them for a major profit.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 07:53:17 PM »
I've joked about making some type of special screw that requires a special tool to unscrew it

Several years ago one of the equipment dealers around here pulled a similar stunt. They sold the state DOT a bunch of equipment, mainly tractors for mowing at a bargain price. Then convinced the DOT that because the tractors had special grease fittings that when the service intervals came up the tractors needed to be loaded up and trucked to the dealer's service center at great expense for service (also not cheap) because the DOT maintenance shops could not grease the tractors

A $6 adapter would have allowed the DOT shops to grease their equipment but the idiots that run that agency were not to be swayed by common sense.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!