Author Topic: When "Butt Dialing" Goes Wrong  (Read 1369 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: When "Butt Dialing" Goes Wrong
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 12:05:58 PM »
Too funny. Is "butt dialing" a common problem? I wouldn't sit on my cell phone, so I don't know.

The story reminds me of a story of mine (I can hear the groans).

My friend and I had just bought an ounce of grass from another friend. We were sitting in my car northbound on a semi-major street. We rolled a joint and started taking hits. I looked to my left, and there was a squad car stopped in the southbound lane, and the cops were just staring at us. I took off like a maniac. The cops did a u-turn, but by that point I'd gotten off the main street and into a residential area. I found a garage that was open and pulled in there. We watched the squad slowly cruise the area for about half an hour.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »
Butt/pocket dialing used to be real common, especially when phones had physical, exposed (ie not a slide or flip phone) keypads.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 12:24:14 PM »
Don't butt dials usually go wrong?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 12:32:02 PM »
I actually just got butt dialed a couple weeks ago. Very funny.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2013, 04:09:32 PM »
I used to have a flip phone with a bunch of buttons around the sides.  It was nearly impossible to pick up the phone without activating the camera, phone, or other features.  I don't have it anymore thankfully.  I am up to date with the latest and greatest with my 2 year old blackberry.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2013, 06:38:31 PM »
I had a Nokia 1100 years ago, I was in the garage working on the car and had a sheriffs deputy pull up. The phone was in my front pocket and dialed 80* which apparently connects to the local emergency services.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2013, 07:33:13 PM »
Too funny. Is "butt dialing" a common problem? I wouldn't sit on my cell phone, so I don't know.

The story reminds me of a story of mine (I can hear the groans).

My friend and I had just bought an ounce of grass from another friend. We were sitting in my car northbound on a semi-major street. We rolled a joint and started taking hits. I looked to my left, and there was a squad car stopped in the southbound lane, and the cops were just staring at us. I took off like a maniac. The cops did a u-turn, but by that point I'd gotten off the main street and into a residential area. I found a garage that was open and pulled in there. We watched the squad slowly cruise the area for about half an hour.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLrz4garaT4
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 08:28:06 PM »
I had a Nokia 1100 years ago

I didn't know they had been around that long.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2013, 09:18:22 PM »
I used to have a flip phone with a bunch of buttons around the sides.  It was nearly impossible to pick up the phone without activating the camera, phone, or other features.  I don't have it anymore thankfully.  I am up to date with the latest and greatest with my 2 year old blackberry.

Oh god I hate the flip phones with the buttons on the side. Absolutely *expletive deleted* useless and annoying as hell.

I had a Nokia 1100 years ago

I miss those old Nokias like that. Rugged as hell, great call quality, simple, no camera, good battery life. Did have a keypad lock, but IIRC would still call 911 even locked.

The Casio GZOne I got afterwards could not hold a candle to it, and the Samsung Convoy II that followed that one was a flaming piece of *expletive deleted*.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!