Author Topic: Shotgun Taser Rounds  (Read 1574 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Shotgun Taser Rounds
« on: February 24, 2013, 10:52:41 AM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Shotgun Taser Rounds
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2013, 11:50:43 AM »
Are they "otc" yet? Want a few.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

castle key

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 12:09:19 PM »
Even more impressive... A bit like the claymore of Tasers.

http://www.taser.com/products/law-enforcement/taser-shockwave-ecd
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 09:53:14 PM »
reusable?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

birdman

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 10:08:43 PM »

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 10:24:31 PM »
Even more impressive... A bit like the claymore of Tasers.

http://www.taser.com/products/law-enforcement/taser-shockwave-ecd

Even more-more impressive. Frag-12. Although, even assuming they'd sell you any, the $200 NFA DD tax per round would get expensive quick.
I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 10:53:14 PM »
OK, I had a lot of questions.  Most of them were answered at http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2010-03/shock-bullet .

There are some devious minds out there, children.

While I have a list of candidates I'd like to try that on, I am willing to raffle off places in the line and let my folks take their chances when the hammer, so to speak, falls.  Proceeds, of course, will fund the APS Pig and Oyster Roast afterparty, including travel and accommodations.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 11:56:41 PM »
I'm guessing that us "civilian" proles will never touch them. Given cops inability to use a Taser as a less lethal and more of a pain compliance tool I'm not sure I want them touching them either.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2013, 04:54:31 PM »
The cops better be using dedicated less-lethal shotguns for those Taser rounds. Or maybe the rounds are an odd size. I'd hate to be shot at with a Taser round followed by buckshot.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 05:04:42 PM »
The cops better be using dedicated less-lethal shotguns for those Taser rounds. Or maybe the rounds are an odd size. I'd hate to be shot at with a Taser round followed by buckshot.

Wouldn't bother you for very long  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

G_P

Re: Re: Shotgun Taser Rounds
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 05:08:43 PM »
Says they fit any 12ga pump gun. Yeah.....I could see a cop easily forgetting they loaded live ammo and not a taser shell.

Also wonder what's the shelf life before the batteries degrade and the round is useless?

Sent from my C5120 using Tapatalk 2

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: Re: Shotgun Taser Rounds
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2013, 05:13:39 PM »
Says they fit any 12ga pump gun. Yeah.....I could see a cop easily forgetting they loaded live ammo and not a taser shell.

Also wonder what's the shelf life before the batteries degrade and the round is useless?

Sent from my C5120 using Tapatalk 2

Quality lithium primaries can last 10 years easily.
I promise not to duck.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 11:37:30 AM »
Any department with a brain(excludes many) have dedicated less lethal SGs. My worry is more the taser is now an over-used don't do as I say, get shocked tool instead of a level just below deadly force. It seems to me that if I employ a tool that causes the target to lose control of thier body then I am responsible for them. Fall on a rusty post sticking out of the ground? Land your head on a curb? All possible outcomes to a tasing. Bad enough that OC is a "respect mah authoritah!" tool, don't need people getting shotgun tased jsut because they don't comply qucikly enough.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 12:37:28 PM »
Any department with a brain(excludes many) have dedicated less lethal SGs. My worry is more the taser is now an over-used don't do as I say, get shocked tool instead of a level just below deadly force. It seems to me that if I employ a tool that causes the target to lose control of thier body then I am responsible for them. Fall on a rusty post sticking out of the ground? Land your head on a curb? All possible outcomes to a tasing. Bad enough that OC is a "respect mah authoritah!" tool, don't need people getting shotgun tased jsut because they don't comply qucikly enough.

its a legitimate concern but not for reasons you outlined.  in many places its verbal commands then tazer    BEFORE the laying on of hands.  fewer folks get hurt that way  but it does look bad.  kinda like those shoulder thingies that go up look scary.  been zapped been clubbed   clubbed is worse. only got clubbed once was smarter after that  got tazed as a demonstration so i guess not too smart. 
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »
Ah, what would a day be without csd comparing folks who don't like cops using tasers as electric whips to gun banning poli-critters.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.