Author Topic: Ford May Reintroduce the F-100  (Read 5950 times)

grampster

• friend
Re: Ford May Reintroduce the F-100
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2013, 09:02:38 PM »
I read somewhere that the CAFE standards are the reason that little trucks went away.

I've got a 2002 Nissan 4d, 4w dr Frontier.  I'd love to have a front wheel drive small pickup with a gas sipper V-6 or 4.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 09:33:05 AM »
I read somewhere that the CAFE standards are the reason that little trucks went away.

I've got a 2002 Nissan 4d, 4w dr Frontier.  I'd love to have a front wheel drive small pickup with a gas sipper V-6 or 4.

No no no no  :facepalm:

As you load down the pickup bed, you just get less and less traction on the front wheels.  It doesn't work.  It's bad enough with our little station wagon with several hundred pounds of feed in the back.  =(
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2013, 11:36:03 AM »
Then you hang a trailer out back and watch those FWD tires and struts go to pieces...   :O
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

White Horseradish

• friend
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2013, 12:50:04 PM »
Personally, I am enjoying the hell out of my 1995 K1500 right now. It's perfect in this snow.
Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire.

Robert A Heinlein