Author Topic: 3D Printers Have Now Made Their Mark  (Read 779 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
3D Printers Have Now Made Their Mark
« on: March 08, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »
By making a dress for Dita von Teese. Not that she'll wear it much...   :laugh:

http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/03/07/dita-von-teese-reveals-first-3d-printed-gown/?intcmp=features
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: 3D Printers Have Now Made Their Mark
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 11:22:45 AM »
i will be in my bunk
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 02:47:38 PM »
Hey, that's Marilyn Manson's old girlfriend, isn't it?   :O
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 05:48:06 PM »
An unidentified man had 75% of his skull replaced with a 3-D printed implant made by Oxford Performance Materials, a Connecticut company. The surgery this week was the first time a patient received an implant made specifically for him using 3-D printing technology.

http://www.latimes.com/business/technology/la-fi-tn-skull-3dprinted-implant-75-20130308,0,7338719.story?track=rss
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 06:34:49 PM »
Hey, that's Marilyn Manson's old girlfriend, isn't it?   :O
Yep.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

erictank

• friends
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 11:22:03 PM »
That's pretty awesome. And that's not even counting the beautiful woman it's on.