Author Topic: Budweiser introduces projectile vomiting in a can  (Read 12447 times)

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: Budweiser introduces projectile vomiting in a can
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2008, 06:41:04 AM »

...and Keystone.....

....but you're right about Budweiser. And Miller.  And Coors, too. 

I like Blue Moon Belgan Pale Ale, myself.....  grin

Blue Moon is Coors.

Seriously. It's their product, under a hidden name. Google it.

That's the new thing, the big beer-in-steel-vats companies making fake microbrews in steel vats and using deceptive labeling.

[/quote]

What does it matter (except to beer snobs) as long as its good?
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2008, 10:48:46 AM »
Blue Moon is Coors.

A bunch of the so-called "specialty brews" are a product of the big beer producers.  Coors has many of 'em, as does Anheuser-Busch.

It's a conspiracy by Big Beer, I tell ya.  Or maybe it's all Busch's fault...  grin

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2008, 12:24:06 PM »
First Bush and now Busch?  Scapegoatin's getting to be a very competitive industry now-a-days.   angry
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2008, 12:29:25 PM »
Blue Moon is Coors.

A bunch of the so-called "specialty brews" are a product of the big beer producers.  Coors has many of 'em, as does Anheuser-Busch.

It's a conspiracy by Big Beer, I tell ya.  Or maybe it's all Busch's fault...  grin

Brad

It only bothers me when the label doesn't say so, and I want to try something new when out. Looks like a craft brew, I'm expecting something like like a Stone or Smuttynose craft brew, open it...and it smells skunked and is the same overly carbonated machine-made swill that such companies usually make, just with different flavoring.

Declaration Day

• friends
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2008, 01:23:43 PM »

You can't blame them for trying.  Micro brews / specialty brews have been steadily growing in popularity, and the Macrobrewers just want their cut of the profits. 

I'd be willing to give them a shot if they manage to make something good, but I'm not holding my breath.

atomd

« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2008, 05:36:28 PM »
It used to be that the macros would buy the micros and just close them down so they could get the rights to one of their products. Then they would change it to make more money...and ruin it. Now they are trying to turn out their own pseudo micros. Usually they are failures though. Blue Moon was successful but most of them don't last very long.  Pete's was another one that was sort of successful. That has been made by Gambrinus for quite some time now. They did try investing in some of the breweries but they don't do that quite as much anymore since the big microbrew boom surge slowed it's pace a bit.

Oh, and about Red Hook, Busch owns about 1/3rd of that company now too. Has for a while actually. I really like the Smuttynose line of beers. Their IPA and their Robust Porter are great. Their big beer series is really good too. Their lager is their weakest I think but still not too bad for a northeast lager (for some reason we can't seem to make the great ones up this way). I'm more of an ale guy anyways.

J.J.

• Just your average
  • friend
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2008, 06:13:06 PM »
How about Southpaw Light........