Author Topic: Wal-Mart exits gun business...  (Read 12531 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Wal-Mart exits gun business...
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2008, 06:31:44 PM »
I wish someone around here would sell S&B.  I end up buying a lot of ammo at gun shows.  There are a couple of ammo sellers in the Houston area that hit all the major gun shows and have decent bulk prices. 

Same here or why can't the smaller shops sell WWB?  I have only seen WWB at Walmart and Blaine's Farm and Fleet.

-C
I have bought S&B 9mm that seemed to work well.  PMC also, but it was dirty.  Academy stores sell UMC and others, but they were always just a bit more than Wally World and gun show prices.  I guess I still have most of a case of S&B 5.56 M193 ammo.  It has worked well.  I am trying to remember if I have ever seen .45 S&B, but I will keep my eyes open. 

From what I can tell, the smaller shops sell a lot of JHP and hunting ammo.  I haven't seen much bulk ammo.  The FMJ is typically American Eagle and UMC and such.  I guess most will order anything you want. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »
I have only seen WWB at Walmart and Blaine's Farm and Fleet.

You go to Blaine, huh?  Do they still have their theater program? 

Huh?  Blaine's Farm and Fleet is a chain of farm and home stores. 

I think they have a store in my wife's home-town.  But, yeah, Blaine has (or had) a semi-professional theater troupe.  I heard they even got some attention from a Mr. Guffman of Broadway. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2008, 07:22:54 PM »
I think Blaine's Farm and Fleet are out of Minnesota

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2008, 07:39:19 PM »
 laugh
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2008, 07:59:34 PM »
I'm not that old, but I remember when Wal-Mart was a American company, as in "All-American".

That whirring sound is Sam spinning in his grave.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2008, 01:17:36 AM »
It baffles me that anyone would willingly choose to live in California.
It is a bastion of conservative common sense and a 2nd amendment paradise
...compared to NY & NJ

I try to buy my ammo by the case at gun shows.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2008, 04:12:31 AM »
It baffles me that anyone would willingly choose to live in California.
It is a bastion of conservative common sense and a 2nd amendment paradise
...compared to NY & NJ

I try to buy my ammo by the case at gun shows.

I think the WTF law that amuses me most there is that you can't have a stock configuration Yugo SKS 59/66. I guess they had a problem with drive-by rifle grenadings? cheesy

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2008, 05:03:01 AM »
I wish someone around here would sell S&B.  I end up buying a lot of ammo at gun shows.  There are a couple of ammo sellers in the Houston area that hit all the major gun shows and have decent bulk prices. 

Same here or why can't the smaller shops sell WWB?  I have only seen WWB at Walmart and Blaine's Farm and Fleet.

-C
...  I am trying to remember if I have ever seen .45 S&B, but I will keep my eyes open.  ...

I've bought S&B .45 at a local gun show.  Split a case with a friend.  It shot well, was relatively clean, and the case mouth and primer were sealed to be waterproof.
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2008, 05:08:15 AM »

-C
...  I am trying to remember if I have ever seen .45 S&B, but I will keep my eyes open.  ...

I've bought S&B .45 at a local gun show.  Split a case with a friend.  It shot well, was relatively clean, and the case mouth and primer were sealed to be waterproof.

Yes, it's good to have in emergency supplies or if you go boating/canoeing for that reason. There's a nice military-style red ring of sealant around the bullet/case edge and primer.