Author Topic: Attacked by a Cougar  (Read 12469 times)

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Re: Attacked by a Cougar
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »
This thread is worthless without pictures of the Cessna.  =D

I really have a thing for taildraggers  ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2010, 02:47:59 PM »
How you do that?  Is it a font that you type backwards?

¡sıɥʇ ǝʞıן ʇı op noʎ
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2010, 02:50:04 PM »
How you do that?  Is it a font that you type backwards?
http://www.fliptext.org/

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2010, 02:55:54 PM »
All right, here's the story.

Similar to a drunken snowmobile chick last winter with me, except she was a hot late 40's early 50's something and started to remove her clothes for me in the bar. He husband was pretty blitzed too and had the look of a fight in his eyes until her realized his wife was hammered and I wasn't enjoying her advances. To top it all off when we left the place she was outside warming up her sled and decided to hop off and climb into my truck with me. Took me a while to convince her that she belongs with her husband.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2010, 03:50:51 PM »
But then again, a boob-tat that says "¡spǝɯ ɹnoʎ ǝʞɐʇ" Might not be that hard of a sell her next manic phase...  :angel:

The computer I'm on can't figure that out, but I'm quite sure it's funny.  Can someone explain this for me?

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2010, 03:55:27 PM »
The computer I'm on can't figure that out, but I'm quite sure it's funny.  Can someone explain this for me?

The phrase is "take your meds!"
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2010, 05:05:25 PM »
What you do is turn your keyboard upside down.

Quit teasing him.

Fisty... set your regional options in the User CP/Profile to "Australia", then change it back when done.
I promise not to duck.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2010, 05:31:06 PM »
but she was about 50# overweight, 40, and gravity had taken a definite toll.

Hey!  Nothing wrong with 40.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

S. Williamson

• formerly Dionysusigma
  • friends
  • It's not the years, it's the mileage.
« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2010, 06:43:49 PM »
Indeed.  A 24-year-old friend of mine has himself an actual cougar, a 43-year-old hottie.
(Actually, the picture is from the first night they met--she had just come from some sort of costume party, he was just having a few drinks)
They make no excuses and have no illusions about what's going on, and they both have fun and enjoy themselves and each other.  I'm actually kinda jealous.  :-X

What you encountered was... well, not a cougar.  A walking regret, sounds like.  =(
"The chances of finding out what's really going on are so remote, the only thing to do is hang the sense of it and keep yourself occupied. I'd far rather be happy than right any day."
"And are you?"
"No, that's where it all falls apart I'm afraid. Pity, it sounds like quite a nice lifestyle otherwise."
-Douglas Adams

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2010, 06:54:28 PM »
My cousin's wife is twenty+ years older than him.  They started dating when he was twenty-five.  She is reasonably hot.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2010, 06:58:07 PM »
Quit teasing him.

Fisty... set your regional options in the User CP/Profile to "Australia", then change it back when done.

Not work.  Why not work?   =(
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2010, 07:07:36 PM »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2010, 07:14:26 PM »
My "cougar experience" (before the term "cougar" existed, IIRC) was with a psychiatrist at my first mental-health-related job in my early 20's....learned a whole lot from that experience....such as psychiatrists are often more screwed up than their patients....and that MD's can afford to take you to some very nice restaurants (my first & only experience with Ruth's Chris steaks)....and that experience is a very, very good thing....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2010, 07:22:45 PM »

I could uh, tolerate that. For sure...

Odd thing is that I seem to get along better with ah...older women than those that are my age or younger...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2010, 07:33:38 PM »
The sad reality of cougars:

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 07:40:05 PM »

That should be made to actually work,  =D
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 10:10:20 PM »
I could uh, tolerate that. For sure...

Odd thing is that I seem to get along better with ah...older women than those that are my age or younger...

Older women tend to have more going on in their heads than the hot but vapid young cuties.  I noticed that when I was about 30.

"Tend to" -- it's not universal.  Some people just get older, they don't get wiser. 
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2010, 10:12:16 PM »
Older women tend to have more going on in their heads than the hot but vapid young cuties.  I noticed that when I was about 30.

"Tend to" -- it's not universal.  Some people just get older, they don't get wiser. 

From observing my sisters and acquaintances...at 15 the brain departs the teenage girl...seems to maybe find it's way home at around 25-30 or so.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 12:41:08 AM »
Hey!  Nothing wrong with 40.

Almost robbing the cradle for alot of us here.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2010, 01:16:40 AM »
She wasn't called a cougar then. I think I called her trouble.

This has been more then a couple of years back.

My wife was in Chicago and I was sitting around here on a day I just didn't have anything that needed doing. I'm sure I had work to do but I just wasn't in the mood. So I drove up to Kansas City to go to my favorite steakhouse. I liked to sit at the bar and bs with the bartender and enjoy a nice ribeye and a few drinks.

So this attractive lady about 10-15 years older then I am decides to sit down beside me and strike up a conversation. I'm not much of a talker. After about 30-45 minutes of talk about business and the economy I notice she just seems to be getting closer and closer. I'm already one drink past my normal limit (the bartender knows this and made me a weak one) so I decide to pay and head home. It took a few times to get through to her that I was leaving without her. So she gave me her business card. I just smiled when I looked at it and headed for home. She had the same last name as I did. :facepalm: I never found a direct relation before I got rid of her card, but I think we must have been related somewhere down the line.

jim

And then there is the reason I don't think I can ever go back to Oklahoma. But that another story. =D
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2010, 07:26:19 AM »
A friend of mine once told me about his experience with the adult hookup websites.  He said that by far the largest group of women participating in the casual sex hookups via the websites were middle-aged chubby women.   I guess this must be your last resort when the bars no longer work.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2010, 10:30:17 AM »

And then there is the reason I don't think I can ever go back to Oklahoma. But that another story. =D

Do tell....and you should feel blessed that you can't go to Oklahoma, too....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2010, 10:38:28 AM »
That wasn't a cougar, that was a wild boar.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #48 on: July 10, 2010, 10:54:15 AM »
Do tell....and you should feel blessed that you can't go to Oklahoma, too....  =D

Hey there is nothing too wrong with Oklahoma.  But do tell also.  Plus there are places in the KC area I probably should stay away from.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: July 10, 2010, 02:01:06 PM »
>Hey there is nothing too wrong with Oklahoma<

Other than the Okies, you mean... :P
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)