Author Topic: "Love thy enemy" -- U.S. soldier gets discharge  (Read 3041 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: "Love thy enemy" -- U.S. soldier gets discharge
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 12:39:10 PM »
Hey, dasmi, those were exactly the quotations I had in mind.  But since I read them on gun boards...

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Paddy

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 01:08:04 PM »
Jesus, Ghandi, Lincoln, John Kennedy, Robert Kennedy, Martin Luther King, Medgar Evers, John Lennon, et., al. Isn't it interesting how those whose message was 'try to live together peacefully' were killed/murdered/assassinated?   

There's something about peace talk that just pisses people off.  rolleyes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 01:27:11 PM »
You put Lincoln in the list?  This should be entertaining.   cheesy
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

SomeKid

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 03:47:47 PM »
Lincoln had to be put there for satire. That butcher deserved what JWB did to him, too bad JWB waited so long.

Riley, Christ never went out saying 'kill kill kill', but if you read the verses where he says to buy a sword, he makes it clear that they are to arm themselves because they are outnumbered by bad people (I paraphrase, of course. You can read the original in Luke 22:36).

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2022:35-38;&version=9;

Start with 35. Christ is telling his disciples (and all future followers) be prepared to take care of yourself. Have money, clothes, and weapons. Before, God was protecting and providing for them. Now, they needed to be more self-sufficient.