Author Topic: Why we will outbreed the liberals/progressives  (Read 1934 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Why we will outbreed the liberals/progressives
« on: April 21, 2015, 10:30:56 AM »
http://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2015/04/20/sexy-conservatives-will-outbreed-barren-liberals-n1986978/page/full

The money quote: "And as far as liberal men go, well, just look at them. It’s hard muster raw sexual energy when you think foreplay consists of sobbing to your life partner about how you can’t bear the weight of your undeserved phallocentic privilege."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

H/T to Bayou Renaissance Man (Peter) for the link.  And BTW his new book is out.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Why we will outbreed the liberals/progressives
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2015, 11:10:44 AM »
A fun read but wishful thinking.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2015, 11:13:39 AM »
A fun read but wishful thinking.

Can you elaborate? He's clearly exaggerating for effect here, but are you suggesting that conservatives, statistically, do not have more children than liberals?
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Marnoot

• friend
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2015, 11:41:28 AM »
Can you elaborate? He's clearly exaggerating for effect here, but are you suggesting that conservatives, statistically, do not have more children than liberals?

Liberals of what socioeconomic strata? High-earning liberals certainly have few children. Poor liberals (inner-city folk) have as many if not more children than rich or poor conservatives.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 12:03:20 PM »
Liberals of what socioeconomic strata? High-earning liberals certainly have few children. Poor liberals (inner-city folk) have as many if not more children than rich or poor conservatives.

"The Marching Morons" is a science fiction story written by Cyril M. Kornbluth, originally published in Galaxy in April 1951. It was included in The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume Two after being voted one of the best novellas up to 1965.
The story is set hundreds of years in the future: the date is 7-B-936. John Barlow, a man from the past put into suspended animation by a freak accident involving a dental drill and anesthesia, is revived in this future. The world seems mad to Barlow until Tinny-Peete explains the Problem of Population: due to a combination of intelligent people not having children and excessive breeding by less intelligent people (see Fertility and intelligence), the world is full of morons, with the exception of an elite few who work slavishly to keep order.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2015, 12:12:15 PM »
Absent massive social upheaval or disaster, fsa types who keep leftists in power will vastly outbreed self sufficient types.

http://www.anonymousconservative.com/blog/the-theory/rk-selection-theory/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 12:35:42 PM »

Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons
"The Marching Morons" is a science fiction story written by Cyril M. Kornbluth, originally published in Galaxy in April 1951. It was included in The Science Fiction Hall of Fame, Volume Two after being voted one of the best novellas up to 1965.
The story is set hundreds of years in the future: the date is 7-B-936. John Barlow, a man from the past put into suspended animation by a freak accident involving a dental drill and anesthesia, is revived in this future. The world seems mad to Barlow until Tinny-Peete explains the Problem of Population: due to a combination of intelligent people not having children and excessive breeding by less intelligent people (see Fertility and intelligence), the world is full of morons, with the exception of an elite few who work slavishly to keep order.[/quote

Immortalized for the masses as the movie "Idiotocracy".

Absent massive social upheaval or disaster, fsa types who keep leftists in power will vastly outbreed self sufficient types.

http://www.anonymousconservative.com/blog/the-theory/rk-selection-theory/

Yes, the FSA types will overwhelm us.  But they are not liberals.  I'd go so far as to say that most of them are apolitical and only want to know that their cheese will keep on coming.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2015, 01:10:31 PM »
Quote from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Marching_Morons
The story is set hundreds of years in the future: the date is 7-B-936. John Barlow, a man from the past put into suspended animation by a freak accident involving a dental drill and anesthesia, is revived in this future. The world seems mad to Barlow until Tinny-Peete explains the Problem of Population: due to a combination of intelligent people not having children and excessive breeding by less intelligent people (see Fertility and intelligence), the world is full of morons, with the exception of an elite few who work slavishly to keep order.[/quote

Immortalized for the masses as the movie "Idiotocracy".

Yes, the FSA types will overwhelm us.  But they are not liberals.  I'd go so far as to say that most of them are apolitical and only want to know that their cheese will keep on coming.

stay safe.

I've read it, and the other short stories bundled with it, Eight Worlds of C. M. Kornbluth, and I prefered the movie. Couldn't really get into his writing, at least for the first half of the stories. The later ones were a little better.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2015, 02:02:20 PM »

Marnoot pretty much took care of the explanation.  That, coupled with the fact that leftists control what passes for education in this country, means we are not going to move to the right politically in any meaningful fashion anytime soon. (The last midterm elections being but a blip in our nation's long term slide to the left.)

I remember reading a similar article (in National Review, maybe?) years back when I lived in Colorado Springs.  It was presented quite seriously, and yet has been proven inaccurate by the passage of time.  That article also mentioned a definite rightward drift in the politics of college students, and that college campi would be mostly conservative in the future, something that also turned out wrong.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2015, 02:35:19 PM »
Marnoot pretty much took care of the explanation.  That, coupled with the fact that leftists control what passes for education in this country, means we are not going to move to the right politically in any meaningful fashion anytime soon. (The last midterm elections being but a blip in our nation's long term slide to the left.)

I remember reading a similar article (in National Review, maybe?) years back when I lived in Colorado Springs.  It was presented quite seriously, and yet has been proven inaccurate by the passage of time.  That article also mentioned a definite rightward drift in the politics of college students, and that college campi would be mostly conservative in the future, something that also turned out wrong.

Oh, now that is harsh, bringing up arguments that failed the test of time and realty. 

Others of my favorites:
"We must normalize trade with China so that China will democratize, become a decent nation, and no longer be an adversary."

"NAFTA will benefit people on both sides of the border."

"Enterprise zones will revitalized inner city blighted areas."

Or pretty much anything Jack Kemp said.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2015, 05:56:42 PM »
Instead they just infest institutes of learning and use it as a method to usurp the things we teach our children.  Why have their own when they can just brainwash ours?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2015, 06:16:30 PM »
Instead they just infest institutes of learning and use it as a method to usurp the things we teach our children.  Why have their own when they can just brainwash ours?
But jamisjockey, "Cultural Marxism" is just a theory espoused by conservative/fascist nutcases. Anyone suggesting that there's been an active effort by various leftist groups to infiltrate media and teaching for the last 50 or so years (atleast) is just plain crazy, and shouldn't believe what their eyes are seeing and what their brains are telling them is happening. :police:
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2015, 07:41:08 PM »
If it weren't for the A-word (It's like Godwinning a thread, so I won't spell it out) we'd be up to our eyeballs in FSA and Liberals. Since they get A-words at a much higher per-capita rate than Red State/Red County America. Even when you count when Brianna, the Valedictorian Cheerleading captain who's dad is the Pastor of the local video-wall mega-church slips downtown to Planned Parenthood, and then never admits to it later in an survey, the numbers don't come close. It's like negative compound interest on their demographics.

However, if conservatives do actually manage to outbreed the liberals and FSA by going all Duggar-style, they'll eventually erode access or ban the A-word, and then the liberals will once again outbreed the conservatives, gain legislative majority, and re-legalize it anyway. Lather rinse repeat, until the Rapture, or Tech. Singularity, whichever gets here first...

I know there's tons of people who like to shoot holes in the methodology, but when Freakanomics pointed out that the first 18+ y.o. voting cohort that was winnowed by A-word post-Roe V. Wade was the 1994 GOP landslide, I got a chill..

I promise not to duck.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2015, 10:20:10 PM »
Why have their own when they can just brainwash ours?

First thing I thought when I saw the OP title.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.