2 (11.8%)
my head hurts too much
2 (11.8%)
why can't we all just get along?
3 (17.6%)
other (please specify who)
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Pick the right tool  (Read 835 times)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Pick the right tool
« on: May 25, 2015, 08:37:09 PM »
http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/mom-angry-after-yearbook-omits-special-education-students/

It's difficult to pick one quote (from either article) to give the full flavor of what happened.

Mom goes on a hissy fit because her special needs kid (oh, yeah, and the other 15 special needs kids too) do not have theior pictures in the yearbook the year when the special needs/high school relationship took a major relationship turn.

School puts its foot waaay down its gullet after stepping in an especially deep and fragrant pile.  Moves away from "The relationship between the school and the special needs program is different" to "We ran out of pages."  Then caves in and creates an insert for everybody who bought a yearbook.

I just don't know who to pick as the biggest tool in this shed.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Pick the right tool
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 09:20:14 PM »
First of all, I seem to recall my HS yearbooks running somewhere over $35. In addition, to that you also had to order them a couple months ahead of publication. The order forms (well, packets) were handed out in 2nd period (which was our version of homeroom) It was not a random thing.
As far as I can tell, this is the norm, as the companies that do the publishing set up how it works, rather than the schools themselves.

If the special ed program had always been included in the yearbooks and the yearbooks were sold via forms handed out from facility to students, well, than Mom has a big point and the school is the tool.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 09:26:25 PM »
First of all, I seem to recall my HS yearbooks running somewhere over $35. In addition, to that you also had to order them a couple months ahead of publication. The order forms (well, packets) were handed out in 2nd period (which was our version of homeroom) It was not a random thing.
As far as I can tell, this is the norm, as the companies that do the publishing set up how it works, rather than the schools themselves.

If the special ed program had always been included in the yearbooks and the yearbooks were sold via forms handed out from facility to students, well, than Mom has a big point and the school is the tool.

Why do women always need to discuss their periods?

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 09:31:14 PM »
Why do women always need to discuss their periods?

Can I change my vote? Because I vote for RKL as the biggest tool of them all.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 09:44:08 PM »
Can I change my vote? Because I vote for RKL as the biggest tool of them all.

Fixed the vote selections.  Feel free to go back.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.