Author Topic: plumbing info/help  (Read 1793 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
plumbing info/help
« on: July 12, 2008, 09:37:55 AM »
what kinda pressure loss will short radius 90's cause? i am putting in a pump up toilet  uses 3/4 inch pipe and i'm stuck with a layout that meaqns i need to do 3 90's  pumpis rated at 18 feet of rise and i'll only be rising about 4 foot
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Brett Bellmore

Re: plumbing info/help
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 11:15:15 AM »
I wouldn't sweat it, I've got more bends than that, and 10 feet of head, and I'm not having any trouble.

• friends
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »
i had it in working fine for 6 months till the guys kid tryrd to flush an athletic sock. jammed it.  now the grandad has determined that it wasn't the sock that we pulled off the pump but the 90's . i am looking for some kinda reference source that i can use when i tell this holy roller grandpa to cram it.heck it pumps so well that i was running the washer the shower the vanity and the dishwasher while flushing the toilet with no trouble.
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 04:18:02 PM »
I wouldn't sweat it, I've got more bends than that, and 10 feet of head, and I'm not having any trouble.

Braggart.........  rolleyes

grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

G_P

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 02:35:40 AM »
the discharge pipe on your sewage pump is 3/4" ?!?! that is incredibly small pipe for any type of household drain. Usually pump up toilet systems use 1 1/2"-2" discharge pipe. 90's aren't that bad but they will restrict the flow somewhat....but they aren't nearly as restrictive as socks jamming the pump! shocked

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 03:13:39 AM »
I concur with G_P. 1-1/2 inch minimum I.D., and use sweep ells if at all possible. Otherwise cleanout will be a <cough> challenge.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

• friends
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 01:06:21 PM »
its one of the new style of pumpup toilets  its designed to use the 3/4 inch line with a macerator pump.they are right handy for remodeling where its hard to get larger pipes in.  the total run before it dumps into main soil stack is about 4 foot. its rated for 16 feet of lift and over a 100 feet of run.
http://cc.msnscache.com/cache.aspx?q=73609359855785&mkt=en-US&setlang=en-US&w=ff8adb86,605b8797&FORM=CVRE

Leatherneck

• friend
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 11:59:52 PM »
Yeah I can see where macerating a sock might be a challenge, no matter the size exhaust.

TC
TC
RT Refugee

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2008, 02:50:36 AM »
pressure is more relevant on the input side

on the output side, its more about velocity
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

• friends
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2008, 07:48:12 AM »
the velocity is what the 3/4 inch pipe is about. the stuff really moves through it.

G_P

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »
the velocity is what the 3/4 inch pipe is about. the stuff really moves through it.

I would imagine it would! 3/4" pipe on a sewage pump is going to make a pressure washer style jet of poop!