Author Topic: If you want a long-lasting relationship, have a high credit score  (Read 3272 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: If you want a long-lasting relationship, have a high credit score
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2015, 04:18:36 PM »
I think a lot depends on your dealership and also your card issuer.

I know when I bought my current Outback a few years ago I put several thousand on my NFCU card, paid the balance with my preapproved loan, then went home and transferred the money from my savings to my credit card.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zahc

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2015, 10:34:38 AM »
If you think you can get a better deal by taking their financing, why not just take it and then pay off the loan in the first month? Surely the sales guys will come down a bit if you agree to really bad  financing?
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2015, 10:51:01 AM »
If you think you can get a better deal by taking their financing, why not just take it and then pay off the loan in the first month? Surely the sales guys will come down a bit if you agree to really bad  financing?

Though I've never financed, I've never been offered really bad financing by a car dealership (and I do realize they have some crappy financing). They always push it, but it's the "0%" financing, and it has always meant I then don't get rebates/incentives. I've considered it, doing calculations on what I could make investing $20-30K over three years. The numbers are usually a little higher than the upfront rebate, but I so hate having someone else "own" something of mine that I prefer to just get the rebate and have the title in my name from the get-go.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re:
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2015, 01:39:12 PM »
I buy used, and NFCU's rates have always beaten the dealership rates.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.