Author Topic: Beatification  (Read 2044 times)

castle key

• friend
Beatification
« on: June 25, 2009, 06:30:10 AM »
The slobberfest continues...

From the Washington Post Thursday June 25, 2009

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/24/AR2009062401692.html

School Board member Pat Fletcher states,

"He comes from the same cloth that many of our kids come from: single-family home, public assistance, being raised by grandparents," board member Pat Fletcher (District 3) said. "That's something concrete that kids can identify with."

Perhaps these issues are considered more important than good study habits, working hard, staying out of trouble, the list goes on....
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Standing Wolf

• friend
Re: Beatification
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2009, 08:00:57 AM »
Many Prince George's schools are named after noteworthy African Americans. In addition to Martin Luther King Jr. Middle and Frederick Douglass High, there are Dr. Henry A. Wise Jr. High, named after a prominent physician; Judge Sylvania W. Woods Elementary, after a jurist; and Charles Herbert Flowers High, after a still-living Tuskegee airman, among others.

One way to encourage children to judge people by the content of their skin color, I guess.
No tyrant should ever be allowed to die of natural causes.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 12:53:40 PM »
"He comes from the same cloth that many of our kids come from: single-family home, public assistance, being raised by grandparents," board member Pat Fletcher (District 3) said. "That's something concrete that kids can identify with."

???

I come from a single-family home. How many families can one home hold?

A small voice in the back of my head is asking if this is yet another example of some twit engaging mouth before putting brain in gear. My guess is that the speaker meant single "parent," not single family. What's the history on BHO's parents? Did they remain a couple or did they split when he was little and that's why he was raised by "extended family"?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Thor

• friend
  • US Navy (retired)
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 01:42:55 PM »
I'm befuddled as to why the "Lovefest" for 0bama ever got started ??? He's not "all that" and IMO, a liar, a thief, and a cheat. He does seem to be a good manipulator. Naming schools after him seems somewhat premature.
" a sword never kills anybody; it's a tool in the killer's hand." - Lucius Annaeus

for Military, Vets, & Supporters, check out:
USMILNET

Conservative Discussion Forum

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 02:41:59 PM »
Perhaps these issues are considered more important than good study habits, working hard, staying out of trouble, the list goes on....

Well, the President has clearly done all those things.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 02:53:15 PM »
Well, the President has clearly done all those things.

One can only hope you're being sarcastic.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 02:55:54 PM »
What?

President Obama has a JD. You don't get one of those except by working hard.

You also don't become a United States Senator by sniffing glue in the streets and robbing liquor stores.

Oh, it is quite possible he is linked to some political corruption, but as far as we know, he stayed out of trouble as a kid, studied hard, and advanced in society.

Just because I disagree with President Obama politically doesn't mean I think he's stupid or evil.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 03:10:02 PM »
by sniffing glue
As I recall from his own admission he was sniffing something else.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 03:10:19 PM »
Can't comment on study habits, as far as I can tell his career has consisted of hanging out, being photogenic, and knowing the right people. As for staying out of trouble; well, if doing cocaine and befriending terrorists isn't being in trouble then you're right.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 03:51:29 PM »
As I recall from his own admission he was sniffing something else.

Same thing the left rode Bush hard for, right?

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2009, 04:19:15 PM »
Can't comment on study habits, as far as I can tell his career has consisted of hanging out, being photogenic, and knowing the right people. As for staying out of trouble; well, if doing cocaine and befriending terrorists isn't being in trouble then you're right.

Yes, obviously Obama isn't the best person and politician to ever grace the Earth. But I don't think it's a bad thing to tell children "Look, if you study hard and go to college you can end up like this guy". Obama isn't the best person in the world, he's pretty bad, but in terms of social success he's head and shoulders above many people. It's reasonable me that people who share his political and moral views look up to him as an example.

Compared to guys like Ted Kennedy and R. Byrd, he's fairly okay as far as personal history goes.

castle key

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:54:11 AM »

Those were rumors, who knows the truth. BHO admits to this criminal act in a book he wrote.
Vigilate hoc, tenendum per ebrietatem.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 08:26:04 AM »
Those were rumors, who knows the truth. BHO admits to this criminal act in a book he wrote.
True, and the left still vilified him on those rumors.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 09:44:02 AM »
I'm befuddled as to why the "Lovefest" for 0bama ever got started ??? He's not "all that" and IMO, a liar, a thief, and a cheat. He does seem to be a good manipulator. Naming schools after him seems somewhat premature.
I think the guys doing the naming know eventually the public will figure him out. But by then 1000 schools will be named after him and it will be hard to change them all.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 04:51:03 PM »
One way to encourage children to judge people by the content of their skin color, I guess.

roger b taney junior high school
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 05:27:36 PM »

Totally irrelevant here.  The assertion (by MB) was that Obama stayed out of trouble.  Sniffing coke is not "staying out of trouble."  Although if you don't get caught...   =)  Regardless, wrong-doing by anyone else is entirely a different subject.

But I know you have to keep riding a particular hobby horse.  :P

« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 05:43:28 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 06:29:16 PM »
Nixon committed crimes while in office, so I guess it's okay for Obama, too.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 06:42:28 PM »

Beatification

Beatification?  Here's hoping the 0ne doesn't have higher aspirations that just another saint in the pantheon.

"I was to have been a god, you see."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 08:10:59 PM »
Yes, obviously Obama isn't the best person and politician to ever grace the Earth. But I don't think it's a bad thing to tell children "Look, if you study hard and go to college you can end up like this guy". Obama isn't the best person in the world, he's pretty bad, but in terms of social success he's head and shoulders above many people. It's reasonable me that people who share his political and moral views look up to him as an example.

Compared to guys like Ted Kennedy and R. Byrd, he's fairly okay as far as personal history goes.
You are setting the bar kind of low aren't you?  :)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 08:12:12 PM »
We're talking about politicians, here, the bar is already pretty low.