Author Topic: Bear sneaks into house  (Read 1186 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Bear sneaks into house
« on: July 09, 2010, 12:45:19 PM »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/38166433#38166433

Video report, no text transcript available.

At the end, the police sound like they blame the home owner for the situation.  I wonder if they'll end up billing him for their response?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 04:23:12 PM by AZRedhawk44 »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Bear sneeks into house
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2010, 03:45:15 PM »
Where does the "EE" spelling for Sneak come from?
I've seen it twice in two days now.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Bear sneeks into house
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2010, 03:48:11 PM »
Where does the "EE" spelling for Sneak come from?
I've seen it twice in two days now.

Ahhh, that's why I misread the title. I flipped the letters and read "Beer sneaks into house".

I thought it was a teenager's lame excuse...
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Bear sneaks into house
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2010, 04:23:39 PM »
Sheesh.  Sawry.  Know its ficksed.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2010, 05:48:48 PM »
I was just curious if it was a typo or intentional. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 08:37:45 PM »
Do these people not own guns?

I'm fairly sure that if I saw, with both of my own two eyes, a bear inside my house, the first thing I would be doing) unless the bear was actively charging at me at that very momment) would be trying to put my hands on a gun - and preferably the biggest one I owned.

I do not think I would head downstairs after it bearhanded (no pun intended but it sure is a good one) and then pick up a baseball bat and start waling away at it.

But then I've never experienced anything like that.  Maybe seeing a bear inside your house causes your brain, as well as other stuff, to run down your leg.

stay safe/
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 05:39:09 PM »
Actually, that would have had to be "bare handed" to be a pun.   :laugh:
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2010, 05:41:20 PM »
or "beerhanded"...
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2010, 05:58:51 PM »
Actually, that would have had to be "bare handed" to be a pun.   :laugh:
Disagree. Barehanded is correct and therefore not a pun. Bearhanded is more suitable for this written pun.  :police:Pun Police.
 =D

Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »
Flys, you're spoiling my pun Nazi vibe, here.   :P
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2010, 09:16:33 PM »
There's been a Bear (a big black one!) lying around our house all day and I haven't shot it.   :P

Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin