Author Topic: Syria gas attack?  (Read 4981 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Syria gas attack?
« on: August 21, 2013, 07:29:10 PM »
New reports of gas/nerve agent attacks in Syria. Death toll reports range from less than a hunderd to over 1000.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2398691/Syria-Nerve-gas-attack-near-Damascus-kills-1-300-including-women-children.html

Am I I just totally screwed up to think it is possible that the Obama admin did it to give us a reason to get involved?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
Re: Syria gas attack?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 07:42:35 PM »
Meh. He wont do a damned thing.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 09:27:43 PM »
Meh. He wont do a damned thing.

He'll give a speech from the Rose Garden and then blame Bush.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ryan in Maine

• friend
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 09:30:47 PM »
APS strongly condemns these horrific attacks.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 10:01:37 PM »

Am I I just totally screwed up to think it is possible that the Obama admin did it to give us a reason to get involved?

No balls.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 10:42:59 PM »
He'll give a speech from the Rose Garden and then blame Bush.

Don't forget he's gotta bow to somebody...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Azrael256

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 11:45:24 PM »
What would you like to see done here?  I'm not a fan of the administration, but I'm having trouble figuring out what we could do that will eff things up less than they already are.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 11:52:04 PM »
Are you all suggesting we should do something?  We did something by encouraging the revolution in the first place. 
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2013, 12:05:47 AM »
Are you all suggesting we should do something?  We did something by encouraging the revolution in the first place. 

No Levant, we shouldn't do a darn thing.   :mad: Heck, Hitler only butchered German citizens right?
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re: Re: Syria gas attack?
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2013, 04:04:18 AM »
Didn't obama draw a line in the sand? And then back away

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2013, 05:32:17 AM »
Syria wasn't our problem. The jackass in chief made it our problem when he started talking big and drawing lines in the sand and such.

Now a little pissant 3rd world shithole called the bluff, and the adults in the room are laughing their asses off knowing damn good and well Obama wont do anything more than wag a finger and fire up the teleprompter.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 08:44:25 AM »
Bashir Assad's regime in Syria is villainous, and I don't think it's above using poison gas.

Bashir Assad's opponents in Syria include members and affiliates of the Al-Quaeda terrorist organization and other Islamofascist groups and I don't think THEY are above using poison gas either, if only to manipulate world opinion.

It's sort of like a large-scale gang rumble between the Crips and Bloods - both sides are evil, neither side is now or is EVER going to become a friend or ally of the USA, and if we help one side or the other "win" they'll stab us in the back the first chance they get. Except that if we're involved, we'll actually be PAYING them to do so.

Someone tell me what vital American interest would be served by getting involved?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2013, 08:49:13 AM »
It's sort of like a large-scale gang rumble between the Crips and Bloods - both sides are evil, neither side is now or is EVER going to become a friend or ally of the USA, and if we help one side or the other "win" they'll stab us in the back the first chance they get. Except that if we're involved, we'll actually be PAYING them to do so.

Time to pray for an asteroid strike =D
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2013, 09:05:06 AM »
Bashir Assad's regime in Syria is villainous, and I don't think it's above using poison gas.

Bashir Assad's opponents in Syria include members and affiliates of the Al-Quaeda terrorist organization and other Islamofascist groups and I don't think THEY are above using poison gas either, if only to manipulate world opinion.

Someone tell me what vital American interest would be served by getting involved?

This.

In fact, Russia believes that The FSA used the weapons and then blamed it on Assad's regime to garner support in a conflict they are CURRENTLY LOSING

We gain nothing by getting involved in this flusterlcuck
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2013, 09:28:38 AM »
Why does someone deploy chemical weapons on their own countrymen?

This citizen journalism image provided by the Local Committee of Arbeen which has been authenticated based on its contents and other AP reporting, shows a Syrian man reacts as he carries a dead body of a Syrian girl, after an alleged poisonous gas attack fired by regime forces, according to activists in Arbeen town, Damascus, Syria, Wednesday, Aug. 21, 2013. Syrian anti-government activists accused the regime of carrying out a toxic gas attack that killed at least 100 people, including many children as they slept, during intense artillery and rocket barrages Wednesday on the eastern suburbs of Damascus, part of a fierce government offensive in the area. (AP Photo/Local Committee of Arbeen)

Uranus is a gas giant.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Syria gas attack?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 10:04:12 AM »
Didn't obama draw a line in the sand? And then back away

damn phone

Lines drawn in sand are easily erased.

Syria wasn't our problem. The jackass in chief made it our problem when he started talking big and drawing lines in the sand and such.

Now a little pissant 3rd world shithole called the bluff, and the adults in the room are laughing their asses off knowing damn good and well Obama wont do anything more than wag a finger and fire up the teleprompter.

Yup.

Because they are troublesome.  And the other tribe/clan/whatever.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2013, 10:07:22 AM »

Is this somehow worse than deploying troops against your own countrymen?  Over 100,000 people have died in Syria through conventional means.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 11:01:54 AM »
Is this somehow worse than deploying troops against your own countrymen?  Over 100,000 people have died in Syria through conventional means.

No just as evil.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Levant

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »
He's quickly becoming the man who changed the world.  History is going to remember him, that's for sure.  Between ObamaCare, which is going to ruin our economy, destroying dictatorships in the mid-east that provided the stability and constraint on extreme Islam.

And the vital American interest was to stay out of it in the first place.  Instead, Bush and Obama supported regime change in countries where only totalitarianism and brutal dictators have ever had any success ruling.

Can you truly domesticate a wolf or a tiger?  If you keep either for multiple generations, will they become safe?  No.  They might become better trained but the killer instinct runs deep, many generations more than you have trained.  The day will come that something triggers the killer instinct and they kill.  Not every captive wolf or every captive tiger, but plenty of both. 

War and brutality has been the way of the mid-east for thousands of years.  At least these dictators had them caged.  Bush and Obama have let the killers out of the cage.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 01:16:16 PM »
No Levant, we shouldn't do a darn thing.   :mad: Heck, Hitler only butchered German citizens right?

Hitler was empire-building.  And allied to the Japanese, who attacked us.  We got involved in WWII due to the Japanese.  Not due to Hitler.

But, hey, go ahead and Godwin the thread and make a case for additional American imperialism/expeditionaryism.  It's all good.

Screw the ME.  Treat it with benign neglect and disinterest.  75% of the problems over there would be non-issues if we just shut down our bases over there and brought our forces home.  Sell sufficient arms to Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Israel and Egypt that they can maintain their own peace and parity against Iran, Syria and other regional destabilizers.

Seems most of AQ's gripe and recruitment tactic is American "occupation" of Saudi Arabia.  They see the bases as that, even though the Saudi crown approves of them.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 01:21:44 PM »
Fitz' Foreign policy platform.

- Remove all troops from the middle east. This means not only a-stan, but kuwait and saudi as well.

- Stop american military adventurism in the name of "human rights." Let the UN step up if they decide they want to.

- Pull out of the UN.

- When there's another attack by islamic extremists (and there will be), find out which country they hailed from.

- Nuke the capital of said country

- Say "Who's next" then drop the microphone like a boss.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 01:24:17 PM »
Fitz for POTUS.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 01:26:27 PM »
I'll also rename the "department of defense" to the "department of insane and brutal retaliation" and hold public executions of murderers and child rapists
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2013, 01:30:27 PM »
I'll also rename the "department of defense" to the "department of insane and brutal retaliation" and hold public executions of murderers and child rapists

Change it to "get fedguv out of State level law enforcement entirely" and I'll re-endorse you.

Not defending murderers and child rapists, I just see no reason for fedguv to get involved in those crimes unless in the case of murder of elected officials or international sex slavery.
--Lysander Spooner

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
Fitz for POTUS.

Or at least Secretary of DFWUSA.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch