Author Topic: Petition for Redress of Grievances? Not here.  (Read 937 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Petition for Redress of Grievances? Not here.
« on: October 16, 2013, 10:08:39 PM »
A petition to empanel a grand jury to look into allegations of misconduct by our county DA and a couple of county commissioners was circulated by the county sheriff and a couple of businessmen and a few others.
State law requires 4K signatures, there were more than 8K turned in.
Petition was thrown out on a "technicality".
The next day the DA files suit against the people that ran the petition for libel and defamation.

http://www.newson6.com/story/23259434/sheriff-asks-for-grand-jury-to-investigate-rogers-county-da-2-commissioners

http://www.newson6.com/story/23699604/judge-throws-out-rogers-county-grand-jury

http://www.newson6.com/story/23710798/rogers-county-da-suing

I've got one more potential day or Jury duty with these slime balls. Voir Dire could be interesting.

One of the "civilians" involved has a personal stake. His very young daughters were sexually molested by a teenager, DA declined to press charges despite the recommendation of the sheriff's office and the testimony of the doctors that treated the girls. Of course the perp being "connected" in the county didn't have anything to do with it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2013, 10:14:23 PM by RoadKingLarry »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
Re: Petition for Redress of Grievances? Not here.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2013, 11:10:42 PM »
Why does a sheriff need a grand jury?  Can't he arrest the DA for perjury (or whatever) on his own authority?  Someone from the state AG's office would then handle the case.
"It's good, though..."

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2013, 11:14:39 AM »
One of the "civilians" involved has a personal stake. His very young daughters were sexually molested by a teenager, DA declined to press charges despite the recommendation of the sheriff's office and the testimony of the doctors that treated the girls.

There are other recourses  ;)  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2013, 11:48:04 AM »

Yup.
That's some kinda messed up. But the publicity could be bad for the da et al

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2013, 04:28:47 AM »

http://youtu.be/lbB_HVcXpPk

*cough-cough* I mean, no, that would be wrong.

• friends
Re: Re: Petition for Redress of Grievances? Not here.
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 07:31:52 AM »
never thought i'd say this
sick anonymous on em

damn phone
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2013, 09:36:25 AM »
Looks like we will get our grand jury probe after all.

http://www.newson6.com/story/23730886/okla-ag-orders-probe-of-potential-wrongdoing

Of course when the DA was asked she stated she welcomed the investigation and said she asked the AG to go forward with it. That was after she managed to get it the petition tossed on a technicality and filed suit against those that ran the petition for slander and defamation.

Yup, next county election cycle is going to be some kind of intetesting.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

• friends
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2013, 09:51:53 AM »
Looks like we will get our grand jury probe after all.

http://www.newson6.com/story/23730886/okla-ag-orders-probe-of-potential-wrongdoing

Of course when the DA was asked she stated she welcomed the investigation and said she asked the AG to go forward with it. That was after she managed to get it the petition tossed on a technicality and filed suit against those that ran the petition for slander and defamation.

Yup, next county election cycle is going to be some kind of intetesting.

theres more dirt 
if folks are this brazen there is lots still to be exposed

Levant

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 11:33:08 AM »
The law suit is just her attempt to get a retirement fund since she's pretty certain to be retired in the next election.
NEOKShooter on GRM
Republicans: The other Democratic Party