Author Topic: Hillary V. Christie 2016?  (Read 9617 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Hillary V. Christie 2016?
« on: January 06, 2014, 09:42:05 PM »
Hillary throws her hat in the ring

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3b.htm

And It looks more and more like Christie is interested in the job as well

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/packaging-a-president-christie-s-rollout-models-clinton-bush-and-obama-20131111

I can see the Stupid party running Christie. I'm not sure the Obama-nation will let Hillary in the door.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Hillary V. Christie 2016?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 09:47:02 PM »
Well, at least there would be a chance of seeing perhaps a record number of third party votes...
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:56:34 PM »
Have we figured out how to pool enough money to buy our own country yet?

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 09:59:24 PM »
Too soon. The early candidates generally don't get the nomination.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 10:25:40 PM »
Too soon. The early candidates generally don't get the nomination.

It's not too early for Hillary.  The Democrat nomination is hers for the asking.  Christie on the other hand, I doubt he will be the GOP nominee.  It is indeed too early for him to be the one.  But rest assured the GOP will pick an equally stupid nominee.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re:
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 10:36:07 PM »
How depressing.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 11:04:55 PM »
Is it too early to pray for an asteroid?
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 11:33:05 PM »
I'd say that the odds are very good that Hillary will be the Dem candidate for 2016. If it was not for Obama being the golden boy (he was chosen long before 2008...I knew he was going to be the Chosen One for 2008 after he gave the keynote speech at the Dem convention in 2004 and everybody was fawning over him). It was a hard decision for them to support Obama over Hillary but they went with the young, hip, black guy that was obviously going to walk all over the old, uncool McCain. Now it's Hillary's turn and I haven't heard of a golden boy waiting in the wings that could oppose her. The dems will unify behind her and steamroll over any challenger to the Dem nomination. This is one thing the Democrats are often very good at- picking one candidate and backing them to the hilt. It's now time to put the first woman in the white house and the Dems are shooting for that.

On the Republican side, Christie may or may not be the candidate that gets picked. For certain, it will be somebody like him. The Republicans let the opposition choose the Republican candidate. Notice how the viable candidates in the past elections were eliminated in favor of a RINO with no chance. Character assassination, lies, false accusations, whatever it takes, the viable candidates will be erased. Factions within the Republican party will assist. We will end up with a RINO candidate that is a gift from heaven for the Dems for two reasons

1) He's easily defeatable. He will not be charismatic. He will be portrayed at every turn as a doddering idiot. He will be the mean old rascist, sexist white guy that is hated by everyone. The weak RINO candidate will receive little support within his own party as those that do not like him will not support him.

2) Even if the RINO does win, the Dems do not lose. They have somebody that is easily malleable to going along with their legislative schemes. They have somebody that will help them more than hurt them, and vice versa for the Republicans. They have a patsy to blame when everything goes south "The republican president ruined the economy" or "he got us into a senseless war" or what have you. Easy to drum up anti republican sentiment for the next election.

Everybody wins-- except for America and her people.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 12:20:50 AM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Gowen

• Metal smith
  • friend
    • Gemoriah.com
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 12:02:01 AM »
Hey, it just gives me an excuse to leave the stupid party all together now.
"That's my hat, I'm the leader!" Napoleon the Bloodhound

Gemoriah.com

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 12:24:21 AM »
I've already seen a "Hillary 2016" bumper sticker.

If Chistie in the GOP nominee there's not much point in not voting 3rd party.  I'm only ammenable to voting for a RINO if the alternative is really that bad.  At least by comparison.  With CC that test would fail.
Formerly sumpnz

Sindawe

• friend
  • Vashneesht
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 01:15:22 AM »
Hillary v. Christie

Ebola v. The Black Death.

Such a choice.  [barf]
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 06:34:12 AM »
See I disagree.

I think Benghazi, and her sickness during the hearings about it have tarnished her enough they won't run her*.  That said I don't have a clue who they will pick.

*My evidence for this belief is anecdotal from liberals in my wife's family (upper midwest) and liberals that I'm currently deployed with (SF bay area). Two diverse subsets of liberals that have both gotten sick of Mrs. Clinton.

roo_ster

• friend
Re: Re: Re: Hillary V. Christie 2016?
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 06:55:34 AM »
Is it too early to pray for an asteroid?
yes it is.  Wait until they are in the same city at the same time.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 06:57:32 AM »
See I disagree.

I think Benghazi, and her sickness during the hearings about it have tarnished her enough they won't run her*.  That said I don't have a clue who they will pick.

*My evidence for this belief is anecdotal from liberals in my wife's family (upper midwest) and liberals that I'm currently deployed with (SF bay area). Two diverse subsets of liberals that have both gotten sick of Mrs. Clinton.

If she is the candidate they will fall in line to defeat whatever rinopotamus the gop runs.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2014, 07:54:27 AM »
If she is the candidate they will fall in line to defeat whatever rinopotamus the gop runs.

Agreed there.  My sources (heh) imply that she will once again fail to receive the nomination.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2014, 08:09:54 AM »
... It's now time to put the first woman in the white house and the Dems are shooting for that.

And this is why Republicans have to play identity politics.

It's stupid. It's ugly. It's detrimental to the country's unity and future.

It also, clearly, works. Republicans need to run a woman, simply for the fact that she is a woman (which, I know, is sexist, but apparently women don't care if people are sexist in favor of women), in order to take away the "HISTORIC FIRST!!11!!11!" that the Democrats will be running on.

It's still not a lock for the Republicans to win in that case, but at least it takes one of the arrows out of the Democrat identity politics quiver.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 08:12:20 AM »
yes it is.  Wait until they are in the same city at the same time.

I was hoping for the later this month during the SOTU address.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 08:21:12 AM »
I was hoping for the later this month during the SOTU address.

An asteroid strike on D.C. during the State of the Union address. That thought almost gives me a woody.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 09:02:36 AM »
An asteroid strike on D.C. during the State of the Union address. That thought almost gives me a woody.

It's our only hope.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 10:21:22 AM »
It's our only hope.

Obi-Wan Kenasteroid.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 02:40:06 PM »
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2014, 02:55:45 PM »
Hillary throws her hat in the ring

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3b.htm

And It looks more and more like Christie is interested in the job as well

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/packaging-a-president-christie-s-rollout-models-clinton-bush-and-obama-20131111

I can see the Stupid party running Christie. I'm not sure the Obama-nation will let Hillary in the door.
I wouldn't be surprised.

Probably wouldn't vote either.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 03:04:15 PM »
Wouldn't surprise me to see Harry Reid throw his hat into the ring.  He's well rated by the NRA, taking the 2A arrow out of the GOP quiver.  And he's supposedly more centrist than most other Democrats, even though he shills for Obamacare and every other lame social engineering program the dems come up with.  Not sure how he enjoys the rep he does.

Christie will eat Rand Paul for second breakfast brunch elevensies lunch afternoon tea dinner supper in the primaries, though.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 03:19:31 PM »
Hillary v. Christie

Ebola v. The Black Death.

Such a choice.  [barf]
That's unfair to both ebola and the plague. They'll kill you within what, a week or three? Hillary or Christie would kill you slowly over the course of atleast 4 years.
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 06:05:08 PM »
Hillary could easily run the table.  Just come out in favor of repeal of Obamacare because it was unworkable.  Her plan of the 90's was much better and would work just fine.  She would provide lots of cover for democrats heading for the tall weeds as a result of their support for a draconian program.

Would never happen.  Both Hillarycare and Obamacare share one thing in common.  It has nothing to do with medical care and is all about generating cash flow for fed.gov.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon