Author Topic: Hillary V. Christie 2016?  (Read 9618 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Hillary V. Christie 2016?
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 07:55:12 PM »
Hillary has been anointed as the chosen one.  Notice how Bill was the Keynote Speaker at the 2012 DNC??  No way were they going to allow another upstart to steal the nomination from Hillary like what happened in 2008 after Mr. Articulate wowed the audience in 2004.

The NYT just finished their tongue job, so she has some cover for Benghazi.  However, if anyone at the RNC has half a brain they'll re-run her "2am Phone Call" commercials/sound bites and point out  that she didn't answer the phone either.  And I'd pound that point over and over.  Same with Obamacare, "Hillarycare updated."

She's the RNC's dream opponent, if they play it right.   All they have to do is make her out to be every guys ex-wife and they can take the election. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2014, 08:30:21 AM »
Would never happen.  Both Hillarycare and Obamacare share one thing in common.  It has nothing to do with medical care and is all about generating cash flow for fed.gov.

No, it's not. It has to do with having the government in charge of people's lives. It has nothing to do with money. (It is (and will be) a net loser in "cash flow")

It's not necessarily because the liberals enjoy power. (Though the ones in power certainly do.) It is because they are certain that too many people won't make the correct choices and beneficent government must "put them on the right path."

Through force. For their own good, of course. This is, decidedly, WORSE than if they were simply power-hunger tyrants:

Quote from: C.S. Lewis
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 10:34:35 AM »
And this is why Republicans have to play identity politics.

It's stupid. It's ugly. It's detrimental to the country's unity and future.

It also, clearly, works. Republicans need to run a woman, simply for the fact that she is a woman (which, I know, is sexist, but apparently women don't care if people are sexist in favor of women), in order to take away the "HISTORIC FIRST!!11!!11!" that the Democrats will be running on.

It's still not a lock for the Republicans to win in that case, but at least it takes one of the arrows out of the Democrat identity politics quiver.
The problem is the people who respond to identity politics don't vote Republican anyway.  Too many of the people who might vote Republican would be a bit disgusted by it. 

Unless you mean Sarah Palin.  I'd vote for her.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 10:37:19 AM »
I don't think Christie has enough broad support in the GOP to get the nomination, but I can see the stupid GOP money guys thinking he is "moderate" and therefore somehow able to get mythical independent voters.

I think Benghazi really tarnishes whatever "experience" Hillary has, but I have a feeling the same idiots who advised Romney will tell the GOP guy to be nice and not mention it thereby dooming his chances.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 11:01:54 AM »
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 11:22:35 AM »
I don't think Christie has enough broad support in the GOP to get the nomination, but I can see the stupid GOP money guys thinking he is "moderate" and therefore somehow able to get mythical independent voters.

I have to sadly, disagree. He may not have broad support across the GOP, but I think he has broad support among the GOP demographics that "count" for those GOP money guys. I watch a lot of business shows, and the Wall Street guys mostly seem to love him. So it is with a lot of urban Republican's who are essentially RINOs, since they mostly care about fiscal stuff and also don't mind rules and regulations as long as they hurt the other guy.

When we analyze this stuff on APS, we have to remember that we're a small (but growing) segment of the political spectrum. While I would classify the majority of people here as "Republitarians", even the staunchest "mainstream" Republican on this forum is an outlier Tea party wacko to your average Republican (aka RINO). And most of the rest of us are Wookie suit wearing cheetos eaters. While we see "pops" in the MSM about Rand Paul's popularity, in the end it still comes down to, "Yeah, he appeals to those idealists, but guys like Christie are what the R's need to bring in the votes."

If it's not Christie, it'll be someone not unlike him. Though I do predict that Rand Paul will make a good show in the primaries and cause a lot of heartburn to the "GOP mainstream".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2014, 03:24:47 PM »
Hillary throws her hat in the ring

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3b.htm

And It looks more and more like Christie is interested in the job as well

http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/packaging-a-president-christie-s-rollout-models-clinton-bush-and-obama-20131111

I can see the Stupid party running Christie. I'm not sure the Obama-nation will let Hillary in the door.

Excuse me while I go hang myself in the barn.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »
Excuse me while I go hang myself in the barn.

You don't have a barn....
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2014, 04:27:49 PM »

Or at the very least, you didn't build it!

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2014, 04:48:55 PM »
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/08/Christie-Port-Authority-traffic

What a low-class thug.  Petty mobster-wannabe.

I was just going to post this.  the skeletons rise early with this one.
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2014, 05:56:23 PM »

Well you don't get to be the Governer of New Jersey without being a Democrat, even if there is an R next to your name...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2014, 06:45:13 PM »
 crooks are crooks regardless of their party.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2014, 07:40:40 PM »

Isn't there a drain plug in the boat  ???  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

brimic

• friends
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2014, 11:45:37 PM »
I'd vote for Hillary out of the the two, the sooner we get this party started, the sooner it will be over.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2014, 09:20:35 AM »
I'd vote for Hillary out of the the two, the sooner we get this party started, the sooner it will be over.

Christie would probably be more damaging.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2014, 09:51:10 AM »
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/08/Christie-Port-Authority-traffic

What a low-class thug.  Petty mobster-wannabe.

I actually saw that on NBC Nooz (might not see it if it was a democrat doing it) this morning. Doesn't bother me though, I'd sooner get rid of Crispy ASAP.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2014, 10:00:22 AM »
I'd prefer the Dems have control of all three branches of govnm't when this thing crashes and burns.

Let the folks have what they want good and hard, as the quote goes.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2014, 04:01:28 PM »
He should simply say "what difference, at this point, does it make?" That makes it all okay.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2014, 07:08:12 PM »

What a low-class thug.  Petty mobster-wannabe.

:snort: New Joisey. Whad'ja expect? :snort:

And, of course, he's pulling a Sergeant Schulz: "I know nussing!"
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 07:14:23 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2014, 07:24:41 PM »
He should simply say "what difference, at this point, does it make?" That makes it all okay.

:rofl:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2014, 07:52:15 PM »
And, of course, he's pulling a Sergeant Schulz: "I know nussing!"

Seems to be working for Obama.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2014, 09:06:33 PM »
I'd prefer the Dems have control of all three branches of govnm't when this thing crashes and burns.

it rarely matters who has the stick for the last 50 ft.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Hillary V. Christie 2016?
« Reply #49 on: January 09, 2014, 11:01:39 PM »
The msm sure latched on to this harder than the irs abuses.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton