Author Topic: Mess With the Bull, Get the Horns  (Read 55 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Mess With the Bull, Get the Horns
« Reply #1 on: Today at 05:24:53 PM »
There were no fluffy cows to pet so she went for the next best thing.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: Today at 08:23:43 PM »
Teehee.
As a post graduate student I did a clinical rotation in X-ray at a small rural hospital in Iowa.
Nothing happened first 2 nights and I was worried that I would have nothing to get evaluated on.
County coroner called and said be ready. Brought in a body bag on a gurney. Said “I need X-rays”.
Stupid me. I had studied all the positions and set up etc. I said how? He said doesn’t matter. Head, thorax, whatever. Just give me some views.
When we started getting the wet films out of the processor (pre digital) they were a mash of a farmer that was killed by his bull.
I had worked around cattle but that gave me a new appreciation for what they can do.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: Today at 08:27:46 PM »
Guess the movie

Harry Monroe: I'm a clown, see? I shoot the firecrackers and the soda water. There's a little car that pulls up and there's supposed to be like 10 midgets in it. They all get out...
    Blade: That ain't no rodeo clown! A rodeo clown is the most *dangerous* job in the world! He's the one that gets *closest* to the bull. He gets the *best* of the bull! *Hook* to the left! *Hook* to the side! If the bull rider is in *danger*, he's gotta protect him! Even if it means gettin' his *ribs* pulled out and bein' freight-trained.
    Harry Monroe: Freight-trained!
    Blade: That's right. Run over, just like a freight train, only with a *bull*, it's worse! Cause a freight train don't back up and finish the job. Later on I'll show you the proper way to lie on the stretcher when they come to pick you up.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes