Author Topic: Nifong said don't report all DNA data  (Read 613 times)

Stand_watie

• friend
Nifong said don't report all DNA data
« on: December 17, 2006, 05:01:48 PM »
...Head of DNA lab says he and Nifong agreed not to report results
Lab chief: Nifong said don't report all DNA data

The head of a private DNA laboratory testified Friday that he and District Attorney Mike Nifong agreed last spring not to report DNA results favorable to Duke lacrosse players charged with rape.
The testimony of DNA Security director Brian Meehan could create difficulties inside and outside the courtroom for Nifong. The district attorney did not challenge Meehan's testimony, but he said after court that he did not withhold evidence. He said the defense could have asked for that material all along.

North Carolina law requires Nifong to hand over all evidence regardless of whether it has been requested. The sanctions for violating this law could include a dismissal of all charges against the three players...

I don't pretend to know what is right or wrong about the actual facts of this case... I'm a little jaded on trusting the media lately... but, based on the information we have from the media, I think it looks more and more likely to me that the proper course of events for this case should be for Nifong, possibly the lab chief, and the accuser in this case to serve a very long term in prison,  equivalent to the sentance that the supposed 'rapists' will get if they are convicted.
Yizkor. Lo Od Pa'am

"You can have my gun when you pry it from my cold dead fingers"

"Never again"

"Malone Labe"

Waitone

• friend
Re: Nifong said don't report all DNA data
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 05:39:13 PM »
I have up close and personal experience with the exact same scenario as played out in the story.  It happens as a way of doing business.  No better way of stopping a prosecution than to diddle with the forensic evidence.  Then when justifying the lack of prosecution the DA points to the lack of forensic evidence.  Criminal you say?  Not if government is doing the diddling as a matter of policy.  NC's judicial system is corrupt.  The Duke case is merely a clear cut, easily identifiable example of how the system operates.  I predict nothing will happen to the DA nor the forensic team.  Sticking it to this team will open other investigations which the idiot governor does not want launched.

I'll stop now as my blood pressure is far too high to be healthy.
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

HankB

• friend
Re: Nifong said don't report all DNA data
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2006, 03:30:14 AM »
... I'm a little jaded on trusting the media lately... but, based on the information we have from the media, I think it looks more and more likely to me that the proper course of events for this case should be for Nifong, possibly the lab chief, and the accuser in this case to serve a very long term in prison,  equivalent to the sentance that the supposed 'rapists' will get if they are convicted.
+1
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain