Author Topic: Now Feinstein is screwing up national security  (Read 7579 times)

Bigjake

• friend
Re: Now Feinstein is screwing up national security
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2009, 11:58:54 PM »
I was all but ready to waterboard the poor guy too, but then he demonstrated a working knowledge of Orwell.

There's still hope for the lad, even though he's irritatingly math competent  :police:

"oceania has always been at war with eastasia"  :police:

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2009, 03:39:21 AM »
I was all but ready to waterboard the poor guy too, but then he demonstrated a working knowledge of Orwell.

There's still hope for the lad, even though he's irritatingly math competent  :police:

"oceania has always been at war with eastasia"  :police:
Chocolate rations have been increased from 20 to 30 grams!
Now, where's my bottle of Victory Gin...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2009, 05:41:51 AM »
Isn't it true that if your vector space has only 0,2,5 in it,

Been too long since I sat through a class; is it absolutely necessary that the vector space contain 0?  With only two elements, one added to itself would then only be able to equal the other.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2009, 01:42:22 PM »
Been too long since I sat through a class; is it absolutely necessary that the vector space contain 0?  With only two elements, one added to itself would then only be able to equal the other.

Yeah, I think 0 has to be in the space.  At least, that's what one of my mathematician friends said when I had this conversation with him.  He was saying that 0 is in every vector space.   
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford

FTA84

• friend
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2009, 02:45:36 PM »
Removed for silliness
« Last Edit: February 15, 2009, 02:55:12 PM by FTA84 »

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2009, 03:37:42 PM »
Removed for silliness

I wish SFO would remove Diane Fienstien for silliness.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2009, 04:37:21 PM »
:|  I know at least a few of you guys understand what I'm saying.  Your buddy would know, vector spaces are taught in linear algebra courses. 

I got it.

I do appreciate the 1984 reference though, as I read that for the first time not too long ago. 

And Feinstein, she will never cease to amaze me.  Stupidity knows no bounds, apparently.  That woman needs to be voted off the island. 

Her idiocy is non-quantifiable.  People talked about drawing energy from the quantum vacuum but I think they need to learn how to power our world with stupidity.  It's most certainly a renewable resource and there sure as hell is enough of it.

"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2009, 01:01:22 AM »
Sorry I meant that for the 2+2=5 :police: [/hijack]

Gotcha. I thought you were referring to the "guzintas". I've read 1984 and couldn't recall it being in there (for good reason, it ain't), and was confused because I was channeling Jethro Bodine with that bit.
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Uncle Bubba

• friend
  • Billy Fish
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2009, 01:02:46 AM »

People talked about drawing energy from the quantum vacuum but I think they need to learn how to power our world with stupidity.  It's most certainly a renewable resource and there sure as hell is enough of it.

Hear Hear!
It's a strange world. Some people get rich and others eat *expletive deleted*it and die. Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Quote from: Fly320s
But, generally speaking, people are idiots outside their own personal sphere.

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2009, 03:21:40 PM »
:|  I know at least a few of you guys understand what I'm saying.  Your buddy would know, vector spaces are taught in linear algebra courses.
A few for sure.

Now if you really want to blow their minds start talking non-euclidean geometry.
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Cliff47

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2009, 04:54:02 PM »
You do and you clean it up!!

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2009, 01:47:27 PM »
Here is an update on the story.  The U.S. was forced to admit its use of the base for attacks on Pakistani militants from within Pakistan.  The reporting in the story calls Feinstein's statement in the meeting a "blooper".   ;/

From FoxNews:

Feinstein's Blurt Leads to U.S. Confirmation That It Uses Pakistani Air Base

The Senate intelligence committee chairwoman claims to have learned from open sources that the U.S. was operating unmanned drones on a Pakistani air base, something the U.S. had denied -- until her blooper.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein's blurt during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing last week forced the U.S. intelligence and military community to acknowledge on Thursday that the U.S. is targeting Al Qaeda and Taliban operatives using unmanned drones based in Pakistan.

The senator's slip sent reporters into overdrive and led to the discovery of a 2006 picture provided by Google Earth that appears to show Predator drones at Shamsi air base 200 miles southwest of Quetta.

A senior U.S. official confirmed to FOX News that Pakistani leaders -- despite their public protests and denials -- have been giving the U.S. some targets in the tribal areas of their own enemies, and have given the U.S. blanket permission to go after any "Arabs" in those areas because they are assumed to be Al Qaeda operatives.

The complete story is here:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/19/feinstein-blurt-lets-fly-confirmation-use-pakistani-air-base/

If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Physics

• ∇xE=-1/c·∂B/∂t, ∇·E=4πρ, ∇·B=0, ∇xB=1/c·∂E/∂t, F=q(E+v/cxB)
  • friend
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2009, 09:32:58 PM »
Here is an update on the story.  The U.S. was forced to admit its use of the base for attacks on Pakistani militants from within Pakistan.  The reporting in the story calls Feinstein's statement in the meeting a "blooper".   ;/

From FoxNews:

Feinstein's Blurt Leads to U.S. Confirmation That It Uses Pakistani Air Base

The Senate intelligence committee chairwoman claims to have learned from open sources that the U.S. was operating unmanned drones on a Pakistani air base, something the U.S. had denied -- until her blooper.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein's blurt during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing last week forced the U.S. intelligence and military community to acknowledge on Thursday that the U.S. is targeting Al Qaeda and Taliban operatives using unmanned drones based in Pakistan.

The senator's slip sent reporters into overdrive and led to the discovery of a 2006 picture provided by Google Earth that appears to show Predator drones at Shamsi air base 200 miles southwest of Quetta.

A senior U.S. official confirmed to FOX News that Pakistani leaders -- despite their public protests and denials -- have been giving the U.S. some targets in the tribal areas of their own enemies, and have given the U.S. blanket permission to go after any "Arabs" in those areas because they are assumed to be Al Qaeda operatives.

The complete story is here:  http://www.foxnews.com/politics/first100days/2009/02/19/feinstein-blurt-lets-fly-confirmation-use-pakistani-air-base/

Ouch.  Stupid, stupid, stupid. 
In the world of science, there is physics.  Everything else is stamp collecting.  -Ernest Rutherford