Author Topic: Gay, Mentally Challenged Biracial Male Cheerleader Claims Discrimination  (Read 10689 times)

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
Re: Gay, Mentally Challenged Biracial Male Cheerleader Claims Discrimination
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2010, 06:49:16 PM »
Coming from the guy in a kilt...

If he wants to be "one of the girls", then mom needs to move him somewhere he can BE a girl full-time. And still accept that he might not make the cheer squad.
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

mordechaianiliewicz

• I Am The Oracle
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2010, 08:04:42 PM »
I almost feel sorry for this guy..... ALMOST.

One of the dificult things of life that we all have to accept is that we are not equally endowed with the same gifts....

I can bench my own body weight (which ain't a small amount), and I occasionally fight other large men in MMA style fights (with admitedly varying success).... these attributes which probably would well allow me to work construction, or in a warehouse, make me unable to be a good ballerina.

Basically, realize what you are good at, and deal with it.

Dudes don't have hips, and aren't sexy in the way women are..... dude needs to deal.

(as for our insistence as a society on having underage teenage girls act sexy, that's a debate for a different time).
"The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994[/size]

"I think the goal is one world government - we have not only the U.N. - we have the WTO, the IMF, the World Bank, then we have all the subisidiaries like NAFTA and hemispheric government highways coming in. I just hope an pray that we

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2010, 08:05:51 PM »
Well, the statement was made that he was wearing the same uniform as the girls.  I take that to mean he wasn't wearing a male cheerleader uniform.  IMO, that is nuts and should never been allowed.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2010, 08:08:49 PM »
I almost feel sorry for this guy..... ALMOST.

One of the dificult things of life that we all have to accept is that we are not equally endowed with the same gifts....

I can bench my own body weight (which ain't a small amount), and I occasionally fight other large men in MMA style fights (with admitedly varying success).... these attributes which probably would well allow me to work construction, or in a warehouse, make me unable to be a good ballerina.

Basically, realize what you are good at, and deal with it.

Dudes don't have hips, and aren't sexy in the way women are..... dude needs to deal.

(as for our insistence as a society on having underage teenage girls act sexy, that's a debate for a different time).

male ballet dancers are actully pretty built. you would just need to work on your flexablilty.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

mordechaianiliewicz

• I Am The Oracle
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2010, 08:16:45 PM »
I'm not exactly pretty.....  =D
"The Second Amendment isn't about protecting ourselves against criminals. It's about all of us protecting ourselves from all of you." ---Dr. Suzanne Gratia Hupp to Congressman Charles Schumer (D-NY), 1994[/size]

"I think the goal is one world government - we have not only the U.N. - we have the WTO, the IMF, the World Bank, then we have all the subisidiaries like NAFTA and hemispheric government highways coming in. I just hope an pray that we

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2010, 09:05:37 PM »
Wow.....this guy deserves his own civil rights organization all by himself....  :laugh:
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2010, 09:34:42 PM »
Wow.....this guy deserves his own civil rights organization all by himself....  :laugh:

GMGBMC? hmmmm... catchy
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2010, 11:10:22 PM »
Ok, so "mentally challenged," last time I checked, was not on my list of PC terms.  And I'm currently taking a class on PC language (among other things).

Unless this particular cheer squad has other issues, his race is irrelevant.

The gay thing is also, mostly irrelevant.  Sure, some drag queens are straight up gay, but those mostly aren't actually trying to be "just one of the girls," but are trying to stand out, to  "out-girl" the girls.  If that is what he is trying to do, then he needs to suck it up.  Cheer squad =/= drag show.  Uniformity and the team are more important than his art.  But again, not really a function of his sexual orientation, and it doesn't sound like the school's objections have anything to do with his sexual orientation.

About the only issue here is that he is male.  Ok, but there is room for guys on the cheer squad, right?

But he doesn't want to be a guy on the cheer squad.  He wants to be a girl on the cheer squad. 

Alright, I guess if he wants to adopt to female gender identity, that might be cool--although as an alternately-gendered individual, he (or she) has fewer legal protections.  I'm not sure if any would apply here.  I doubt it.  Sounds though like he doesn't want to adopt a female gender identity and be one of the girls.  Sounds like he wants to pick and choose.

My guess is he wants cheer squad to be his own drag show.  Nope, sorry.  I'm unsympathetic.  I want lots of things to be the Sara Show, but somehow the world is not all that interested in watching the Sara Show.  If he wants to put on a drag show, he needs to develop some skills, promote himself, find a venue, and go for it.   Cheer squad is not the place.

But then I have seen a cheer squad perform and as someone who has virtually no experience with the concept, I find it pretty repugnant, so my two cents ain't worth much on this issue.  And of course, I don't really know what the guy's motives are, the foregoing is mostly an exercise in attempting to combine concepts of inclusiveness with y'know, common sense and logic instead of knee-jerk approval of anything out of the ordinary.   =)

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2010, 09:06:04 AM »
I did think this was an onion piece before I read the OP.

Wow.  I can only imagine the look on the principal's face.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2010, 09:15:00 AM »
go to a cheer camp...
Pass...  =D
Avoid cliches like the plague!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2010, 09:26:17 AM »
Do note that they let this guy be a football cheerleader in a girl's uniform for at least a year.  That went away because they couldn't find enough girls who wanted to do it.  I can only assume none of them wanted to be a cheerleader with him, but that is only assumption.  I can't believe they allowed it in the first place.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2010, 10:05:02 AM »
wants to be one of the girls? is the kid really just transgender? which i might add would be a mom screw up. if thats what he really wants (and yes, i would say needs) then she needs to move him to a place where he can be a girl. all the time. and as a girl, being a member of the squad shouldn't be that much of an issue (unless he is a crappy cheerleader)

He'd be one UGLY girl.

How many ugly cheerleaders have you seen?

The day that we really have equality/diversity/"fairness" standards set aside for the cheer squad is going to be a dark day for values in America.

I'm not saying that bitchy-princess-obsessive cheerleaders are a national treasure or anything, but they do represent one of the few absolute standards left in our society in the form of beauty and agility.

If you let this guy in as one of the girls, he ain't going to be able to do the routines the same speed as the other lithe, nimble little princesses.  He just has too much mass and height in comparison to them.  He won't keep tempo.  That's part of why you don't see any fat girls on cheer squad.

If he gets his way, then you're just a hop/skip/jump away from the fat girls also being cheerleaders.

Or the special ed kids being on the chess team.

Cheerleaders = discrimination.  That's the whole point of try-outs.  Just like football = discrimination and basketball = discrimination.

He ISN'T a 120 pound girl.  That's why he can't do the girl dance routines.  End of story.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2010, 10:47:05 AM »
Some parts of this thread are disturbing. 

JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”