Author Topic: Obama Addresses the Cuban People via Twitter  (Read 1533 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
Re: Obama Addresses the Cuban People via Twitter
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 11:02:06 AM »
I'm sure their is a 'potemkin' area with internetz packed full of hand picked commies for the great O to meet.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 11:11:33 AM »
No doubt Raul Potemkined the hell out of anything Obama and clan will see but it occurs to me that we now have a Potemkin's idiot visiting a Potemkin's village.

Not sure if that makes sense or not, I'm a little sleep deprived right now and all I can think about with Obama in Cuba is "Pa-re-don!"

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 02:27:01 PM »
How many people on the island have internet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re:
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2016, 02:43:19 PM »

Hence the link in the OP.  :P  =D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re:
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2016, 02:53:29 PM »

Only a handful of the top brass. Some national intranet stuff, heavily censored.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re:
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2016, 03:21:52 PM »
Only a handful of the top brass. Some national intranet stuff, heavily censored.

I actually find it interesting that the Internet can remain as inaccessible and censored as it is there. Even if the US hasn't had a presence, many European and other countries have. How does the Cuban government police foreign hotels, businesses, etc? Those entities have to be logistically (vs legally) able to get satellite Internet. Do the Cuban secret police go around knocking down sat antennas with a sledge hammer?

I just did some quick measurements, and it looks like they are too far from anywhere else for microwave, but they would be ripe for the Facebook internet UAS orbiting 12.1nmi off the island.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2016, 03:35:19 PM »
Sorry. Wrong thread.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2016, 03:52:08 PM »
Raoul met Chavez and Pope at the airport.  He snubbed Obama...

If Obama had half a brain he should have turned the plane around.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2016, 05:05:06 PM »
Raoul met Chavez and Pope at the airport.  He snubbed Obama...

If Obama had half a brain he should have turned the plane around.

Did Obama still get on his knees and kiss Raoul's boots? Because that's what Obama does...
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »
I just could not watch the video on the news, about barack hussein landing in Cuba (with his entire extended family.  Must have been 30 of 'em on the plane).  His family looked like they had arrived in Disney World.  Of course they won't see how the average Cuban lives, just how the elite get by after stealing everything from the other Citizens.
Hard to watch the Kenyan commie selling out America once again.  Just maybe, a different President can put Cuba back on the State Sponsor of Terrorism list, and break off all relations with them again.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2016, 09:07:48 PM »
I got an idea.

Can we just leave him there? If he REALLY REALLY wants to come back, he can float back.

And always remember "wet foot, dry foot"  :P
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 09:05:56 AM »
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re:
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 09:24:27 AM »
Any bets on the US still holding Gitmo by the end of Obama's term?

We can't abandon Gitmo in any short amount of time because of the personnel and equipment in place. Obama could promise to hand it over, but Congress could and would block that.

I actually find it interesting that the Internet can remain as inaccessible and censored as it is there. Even if the US hasn't had a presence, many European and other countries have. How does the Cuban government police foreign hotels, businesses, etc? Those entities have to be logistically (vs legally) able to get satellite Internet. Do the Cuban secret police go around knocking down sat antennas with a sledge hammer?

I just did some quick measurements, and it looks like they are too far from anywhere else for microwave, but they would be ripe for the Facebook internet UAS orbiting 12.1nmi off the island.

Licensing is required, and not given unless you're the extreme upper tier in the communist government. Like most communist governments, Cuba historically has had different stores/hotels/etc for visitors than for their own population. It's very possible that a foreign owned hotel gives kickbacks to get uncensored internet for its patrons. They wouldn't advertise that. But no hotel is going to have pirate internet for its patrons without kickbacks or legal exemption. I'm quite sure there's a number of illegal satellite uplinks that are kept very quiet.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 09:45:37 AM »
Any bets on the US still holding Gitmo by the end of Obama's term?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/21/castro-urges-return-guantanamo-land-after-meeting-with-obama.html?intcmp=hplnws

Raul brought it up yesterday, and if Hillary becomes President, she will turn it over.  Congress has proven it can't block anything the President wants to do.
China now owns the American based hotels, that will be opening in Cuba.  They darn sure know how to kow tow to the communist elite.