Author Topic: Smite the Unbeliever!: Moderate Muslims != Moderate Christians  (Read 6185 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Smite the Unbeliever!: Moderate Muslims != Moderate Christians
« on: December 07, 2015, 05:13:32 PM »
World Map of Muslim Support of the Death Penalty for Apostasy

http://www.unz.com/akarlin/map-death-for-apostasy/

These figures were derived on the basis of the percentage of Muslims who agreed that sharia should be the law of the land, and in turn on the percentage of sharia supporters who agree with capital punishment for apostates from Islam, as prescribed in tradition...

(1) A solid majority of Muslims in Egypt support the death penalty...This probably makes liberal democracy in Egypt all but impossible: Its either the mustachioed soldiers or the bearded preachers. Choose one...

Anyone who supports the death penalty for religious apostasy is, by definition, a fundamentalist. In many, perhaps most, Muslim countries, a majority or close to a majority qualifies as such.

There are very, very big and disturbing figures.

It is highly unlikely would find more than 1% of Christians in any country supporting the death penalty for apostasy, and even that 1% would as often as not be merely trolling the pollster...

This is why apples to apples comparisons of Islamic fundamentalism to extremism in other religions and feel good slogans like #NotAllMuslims are naive and facile at best.

Big honking version of above:
http://www.unzcloud.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/map-death-for-apostasy-in-islam-poll.png

"That famous “Moderate Muslim” infographic: Not the same thing as a moderate Christian or Buddhist."

More good data at the original post.

Too many in America, when they think of "religious moderate," picture a Baptist who allows his kids to go to the high school dance, not a muslim who is just not on-board with killing someone for apostasy but is A-OK with sharia as the law of the land.

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

roo_ster

• friend
Re: Smite the Unbeliever!: Moderate Muslims != Moderate Christians
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 07:39:18 PM »
Looks like Trump read the  2013 PEW global survey of Muslim attitudes and is suggesting the appropriate measures:

Trump Calls for 'Complete Shutdown' of Muslims Entering the U.S.
http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/trump-calls-complete-shutdown-muslims-entering-u-s-n475821

Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump on Monday called for a "total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States," the most dramatic response yet to the string of terrorist attacks that have Americans increasingly on edge.

Trump released a statement citing polling data he says shows "there is great hatred towards Americans by large segments of the Muslim population."
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 02:36:29 PM »
And the main stream media goes crazy.....   :laugh:
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 06:54:10 PM »
I am more and more convinced he's trolling the American conservatives.

roo_ster

• friend
Re: Re: Smite the Unbeliever!: Moderate Muslims != Moderate Christians
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 09:30:39 PM »
I am more and more convinced he's trolling the American conservatives.
Some "conservatives" need to be trolled.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

brimic

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2015, 12:34:02 AM »
I am more and more convinced he's trolling the American conservatives *let's not go there*.

fixed dat.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 09:58:46 AM »
"*let's not go there*"? 
The hell...?
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 11:14:58 AM »
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 11:58:10 PM »
I give the current US Muslim citizens the benefit of the doubt and support the protection of all their rights.

But I am opposed to importing any more Muslims into the country until this current unpleasantness is sorted out.

There is no right to immigrate to the USA.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2015, 12:50:53 AM »
There is no right to immigrate to the USA.

Correct. And prospective immigrants are not under the protection of the United States Constitution unless and until they are in the United States. While they are living in East Ratkrapistan they are subject to whatever passes for a constitution in East Ratkrapistan.

Further, there didn't seem to be anything unconstitutional about establishing quarantines and travel bans when we were trying to keep Ebola out. Maybe I'm not very smart, but if we can keep Ebola out, why can't we keep out people who want to kill us?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2015, 01:15:29 AM »
They didn't do a real great job of keeping ebola out either.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 03:19:10 AM »
They didn't do a real great job of keeping ebola out either.

Agreed. But the liberals didn't make a stink about how unconstitutional it was to try.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2015, 06:53:15 AM »
On the other hand, screened and vetted Muslims have killed a whole lot more Americans than ebola did.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2015, 08:17:17 AM »
Further analysis on the topic:

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428146/more-than-few-islamic-extremists

o understand the Muslim edifice of hate, imagine it as a pyramid — with broadly-shared bigotry at the bottom, followed by stair steps of escalating radicalism — culminating in jihadist armies that in some instances represent a greater share of their respective populations than does the active-duty military in the United States. The base of the pyramid, the most broadly held hatred in the Islamic

In multiple Muslim nations, overwhelming majorities of Muslims support the death penalty for apostasy or blasphemy.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428146/more-than-few-islamic-extremists
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2015, 09:38:24 PM »
On the other hand, screened and vetted Muslims have killed a whole lot more Americans than ebola did.

You left out an important word:

On the other hand, allegedly screened and vetted Muslims have killed a whole lot more Americans than ebola did.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 09:51:22 PM »
Note the deafening silence from our usual troll.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 10:39:40 PM »
Don't worry about it.  No one on the no-fly list will be able to buy a gun so we can let them all in.  No, they won't be on the no-fly list, but you will. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2015, 11:20:32 PM »
Note the deafening silence from our usual troll.

I think that is unfair. 

DS does have his hobby horses and hangups and tics, but many times injects something useful.  Like how Bashar Assad is the obvious choice for ruler of Syria if you think religious and ethnic minorities ought not be ethnically cleansed from Syria.  Listen to the MSM and various outlets of neoconnery and all you hear is "Bashar, Baaaaaaad!"  Which he is, but he is hte least bad choice.  And if you don;t want every Christian & Yezedi slaughtered, Bashar is your man.

And how the last 15 years' interventionism in the ME has been an absolute disaster for American and Christian interests.

But, yeah, DS likely doesn't have much to dispute the Pew polling numbers on bloodthirsty muslims.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 11:15:56 AM »
not a fan of "*let's not go there*" as it has some very ugly racial connotations, and in fact originates with the internet white supremacy community. IIRC it was used to describe Erick Erickson because he adopted a black child (or children).

Though I do understand the immediate draw when one first reads it.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 11:26:02 AM »
It's not in my vernacular either.

roo_ster

• friend
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 11:44:38 AM »
not a fan of "*let's not go there*" as it has some very ugly racial connotations, and in fact originates with the internet white supremacy community. IIRC it was used to describe Erick Erickson because he adopted a black child (or children).

Though I do understand the immediate draw when one first reads it.

Meh, to hell with the simpering crapweasel "racsim"-flingers who do not like to be accurately described.  They react so violently and the accusation cuts so deep because it is true.

I suspect the "conservatives" so associated with political/social/cultural cuckoldry are stealing from the lefty playbook and screaming "racism" in order to shut the other side up and avoid having to answer for standing by while lefties and their auxiliaries rape and steal the patrimony of Americans.

Besides, "cuckold" is old.  Like, "There are statues in big museums sculpted by Italian renaissance masters depicting the horned cuckold" old.

After all, throughout history, the “cuckold” has typically been viewed as a fool, lacking in wit, power and general masculine wherewithal. It’s believed that the image of a cuckold as horned fool dates back to a legend of European villagers donning horns and parading around to humiliate betrayed husbands.

Symbolism, Imagery, Allegory
No—it's not a play on the word "horny." But it could very well have been—Shakespeare is all about the innuendo. "Horns" in Shakespeare's time symbolized that your wife was cheating on you; you were a cuckold.

Horns show up consistently in the play as a symbol of marriage (and the idea of a husband being whipped in marriage). Horns are an interesting symbol, because while they’re used in this context to denote a whipped guy, they’re also a thing that wild beasts have.

Don Pedro jokes about the "savage bull" with horns at the beginning of the play when Benedick refuses to marry (and again when Benedick has chosen to marry after all):

BENEDICK The savage bull may; but if ever the sensible Benedick bear it, pluck off the bull's horns and set them in my forehead, and let me be vilely painted, and in such great letters as they write "Here is good horse to hire," let them signify under my sign "Here you may see Benedick the married man." (1.1.257-262)
[/i]

Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Jocassee

• friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 12:42:25 PM »
I have a useless liberal arts degree, so I'm familiar with the origins of the word.

This was what clued me in, do with it what you will.

http://ace.mu.nu/archives/358061.php

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2015, 05:09:14 PM »
I have a useless liberal arts degree, so I'm familiar with the origins of the word.

If the left succeeds in completely balkanizing the USA into grievance groups they may not like how it ends up. 

So just how long do the Caucasian crowd sit on their hands and let the post modern crowd organize people by class and race against them without responding in kind?

If it comes I'll be sitting that "civil" war out someplace in the boonies thank you very much. 

Interestingly enough though, I just heard on the radio that there is actually a surprising amount of support for Trump among Blacks and US Mexicans. 

brimic

• friends
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2015, 05:22:55 PM »

The word #*let's not go there* is so offensive to the republican establishment (you know the one that says they are going to shrink government and stop illegal immigration but never do?) that they will go to great lengths to smear anyone who uses the perjorative term against them.
Screw the weasels, if their only response is to paint their former supporters as neo-nazis, then I hope they enjoy unemployment. Until someone can prove different, the term is a perfect fit to people like boehner, ryan, mcconnel, graham, and large numbers of others who talk a conservative game then go sit impotently in whatever corner the left tells them to while the left has its way with the american people.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama