Author Topic: airfare.com  (Read 710 times)

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
airfare.com
« on: November 01, 2007, 09:39:22 AM »
Has anone ever used airfare.com before?  They have some decent prices, which leads me to question them, however, I got linked to their sie from some other travel sites I have used before, which leads me to think they are legit.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: airfare.com
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 03:39:30 PM »
Has anone ever used airfare.com before?  They have some decent prices, which leads me to question them, however, I got linked to their sie from some other travel sites I have used before, which leads me to think they are legit.

Well, I just tried a trip from Detroit to Orland from Jan 4 to Jan 30 and it said none available. Then I tried from Det. to Jacksonville and got the same thing. Doesn't matter how cheap it as if they don't have the flight you need. I know you can go to Orlando from Detroit because my wife has done it several times.

I've tried all the cheap ticket sites many times. There is even a search site which will check them all for you so you don't have to go to each one individually, which I've tried a couple times.

We have ended up booking all our flights through CitiTravel. In every instance they have been cheaper than Hotwire, Travelocity, William Shatner, etc.

If you have a CitiBank credit card, give them a call.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

jefnvk

• friend
  • I'll sleep away the days and ride the nights...
Re: airfare.com
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 04:35:16 PM »
Nah, no CitiBank.

Particular trip I'm looking for is MBS (Saginaw, MI) to PRG (Prague, Czech Republic) 1/25/2008 to 5/12/2008.  I did punch in some local flights, it doesn't seem to work as well.

Found a student site that is cheaper, anyhow, by about $50.
I still say 'Give Detroit to Canada'