Author Topic: NoVa.....  (Read 690 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
NoVa.....
« on: May 12, 2006, 11:38:52 AM »
They still won't tell me anything solid, but its looking more and more like its going to be sometime before the end of the year, likely Sept or October.  Releases come first come first serve, and I'm first in line with two behind.  If I need a couple months then I'll be able to swap with the next person back, and so on, which could give me an extra few months if needed.
Probably moving ourselves, but probably entertaining some quotes on having most of our furniture moved for us.
Probably landing in Stafford.  Looks like I've got a week in August where I'll be flying out with the wifeypoo to make sure, and possibly even buying a house then.
I'm bringing my guns, fishing poles, and bicycles.  I'll need help finding places to use all the previous.
Tongue
Moving sucks, but this might be my last major move for a long time.....
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

mtnbkr

• friend
NoVa.....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 12:01:14 PM »
I'm bringing my guns, fishing poles, and bicycles.  I'll need help finding places to use all the previous.
Lemme know when you get here and I'll show you places for all three.  That's the nice thing about NoVa, there are a lot of recreational opportunities available.  For a semi-urban region, the mountain biking is quite good, though different than what you're used to.  Fishing is decent.  You have the Potomac (great smallie river), several small creeks, and the Shenandoah River just a short drive away.  For shooting, there's NRA, Bull Run Arsenal, Shooter's Paradise, Bull Run Shooting Center (shotgun games only), etc.  Good hunting is a short drive away as well.

Chris