Main Forums > Politics

So, when did [i]you[/i] loose trust in NPR?

<< < (2/6) > >>

WLJ:
Would listen to All Things Considered regularly as they would often discuss events in other countries most other news services never even mentioned and for the most part they stayed non-political. Stopped in the late 90s maybe early 2000s when they seem to take a hard political left turn in their reporting where anything not hard left was treated with disdain. They basically had turned into Pravda at that point. Checked up on them around the time of Obama and the Obama worship was nauseating.

HankB:

--- Quote from: French G. on April 13, 2024, 09:07:20 AM ---. . . the other side is right of Attila the hun . . .

--- End quote ---
When a guy told me I was right of Attila the Hun, I bluntly told him that I never considered my Great Great* Grandpa Attila to be a right winger.

And anyway, I was never an NPR fan - they spent too much airtime asking for donations and subscriptions while bragging about not having commercials. (When you heard a company mentioned it wasn't a commercial, it was a  "contributor acknowledgement.")

*-  there are actually a lot more "Greats" in there, but I usually just quit at two.

WLJ:
A small collection of NPR's CEO's tweets over the years.

Get a LOAD of This Chick's TWEETS! NPR's CEO Has Long History of Woke, Anti-Trump, Pro-Leftist Rhetoric
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/04/15/ceo-of-npr-n2395074

MechAg94:

--- Quote from: Cliffh on April 12, 2024, 09:49:02 PM ---I've listened to more radio than I've watched TV.  I doubt I've listened to NPR more than 2 hours total.

--- End quote ---
I am with you.  I never listened to NPR and never had any trust in them. 

About the time I was in college and interested in political talk radio, Rush Limbaugh was getting started nationally and I listened to him.  Rush brought a different viewpoint to a lot of the environmental propaganda that was popular in the mainstream news in the early 90's.  At least that is what was most memorable to me. 

Pb:
I stopped listening to them probably about 2006-2007.  They had piece on the Second Ammendment that treated it like a stupid joke.  I was done with them after that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version