Author Topic: .22lr handgun  (Read 11174 times)

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
Re: .22lr handgun
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2009, 11:26:26 PM »
You can certainly clean the bore of the rimfire gun, but it often takes a fouling shot or several to get groups back to where they were prior to cleaning. 

That holds true for many firearms, but I've learned it's particularly relevant with rimfire target guns.
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2009, 11:55:48 PM »
I've noticed the same thing as G98.  My .22 rifles HATE it when I clean them, or when I change from plated cheap bulk pack ammo to Fed AutoMatch.  Takes at least 10 rounds to settle down afterwards.

Regarding .22 handguns...

I loathe my Taurus 94.  Worst $250 I think I've ever spent.  My only Taurus handgun and it will remain my only Taurus handgun... until I find some sucker at a gunshow to unload it onto.

In retrospect, the only sensible purchases for a sub-$400 .22 handgun are a Ruger single-six and a Browning Buckmark.  I REALLY wish I spent the extra $75 or so back 5 years ago to get something other than the 94.

I've tried the Walther .22... I think it's called the P22?  Too small for my hands.  That thing is dinky.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2009, 01:21:04 AM »
Me wants a 617, me don't have the $$ for it.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2009, 08:54:33 AM »
Me wants a 617, me don't have the $$ for it.

Me sold my AR for one (actually M17-2).  Me not into black rifle thing anyway.

Me need better language coach.

Chris