Author Topic: Belguim: Explosions at Airport and Subway.  (Read 4992 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Belguim: Explosions at Airport and Subway.
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 08:10:48 AM »
They nabbed that terror suspect from France.  Expect he's gonna talk, so they probably had to jump on whatever plots were in the works.  I expect more over the next few weeks.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 08:15:02 AM »
They were saying that they are afraid of how many other suicide vests are finished and just waiting to be used.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 08:20:00 AM »
From a gunny Facebook group I follow:

OK People PLEASE do NOT get too caught up in the News Media Spin. I am in Brussels AT THIS VERY MOMENT. The situation is being handled. The Belgian Police and Military are on scene. This appears to be a response to the capture last Friday of the Terrorist from the Paris attack. The newsies are spinning like crazy. I am currently on the main access road to the airport. It runs right in front of NATO Headquarters. and the response is measured.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »
as long as the good people of Belgium preach tolerance and believe that only a tiny part of the muslim community is responsible, the more they will be attacked.  There are two kinds of muslims.  Terrorists, and those that sympathize and pay for the terror.  There is no middle ground for them.
All of Europe, and now the US, is committing national suicide, by inviting these muslims to invade and forever change the demographics and culture.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 10:22:21 AM »
From a gunny Facebook group I follow:

Media would spin a adolescent ran lemonade stand that sold out of lemonade.

Uranus is a gas giant.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 10:28:14 AM »
They were saying that they are afraid of how many other suicide vests are finished and just waiting to be used.
So they are hiring?  What sort of retirement plan do they have?  Medical/Dental?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
So they are hiring?  What sort of retirement plan do they have?  Medical/Dental?

You looking for a job.  Your family would probably cash in once you completed your task.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2016, 10:44:29 AM »
Europe always gets the cultural fads first! Don't worry folks, we'll get ours and in typical American fashion it will be bigger and more ostentatious, just like 9/11.

Here is an article from last Nov that Drudge re-posted. We have hundred of thousands of Muslims on the way!

Nothing like some good ol cultural misogynists steeped in religious patriarchy to spice up the neighborhood right? Add in Jihad and let the party begin.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/article/2577134
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »
Europe always gets the cultural fads first! Don't worry folks, we'll get ours and in typical American fashion it will be bigger and more ostentatious, just like 9/11.

Here is an article from last Nov that Drudge re-posted. We have hundred of thousands of Muslims on the way!

Nothing like some good ol cultural misogynists steeped in religious patriarchy to spice up the neighborhood right? Add in Jihad and let the party begin.

Why it's a good thing to live in flyover country. Like a terrorist is going to bomb a gas station in Hayfield, IA.

Uranus is a gas giant.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2016, 10:50:05 AM »

Why it's a good thing to live in flyover country. Like a terrorist is going to bomb a gas station in Hayfield, IA.

Just surprised that we haven't seen anything of any scale since 9/11.  They only have to get lucky once and we have to be lucky every time.  We aren't that good or lucky.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2016, 11:01:45 AM »
First off, condolences to the Belgian people.

Sadly, this incident has once again triggered all the "safety firstest!!!" people. Peter King, et al. are all getting in the news this morning talking about everything from those traitorous people at Apple to, "WE NEED MOAR SURVEILLANCE!!"

Interesting side note, Belgium has basically no privacy protection, and Belgian LE can listen in on anyone's phone conversations any old time, no warrant necessary. I'm sure that was going full force given the recent circumstances there. It didn't stop this attack, yet we have Americans demanding more surveillance and more "safety".

I thought this was the land of the free and the home of the brave, not the land of the safe and the home of the meek.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2016, 11:31:14 AM »
Just surprised that we haven't seen anything of any scale since 9/11.  They only have to get lucky once and we have to be lucky every time.  We aren't that good or lucky.

I think it's a combination of our law enforcement/intelligence services, luck, and the logistical difficulties in America due to our distance across the Atlantic.

Also, most of our tips and informants in the U.S. are predominantly Muslim themselves. I wonder if Europe is more polarized than we are, and we actually do have more "buy in" within our Muslim population than they do for whatever reasons. European social stratification, their economy... whatever.
I promise not to duck.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2016, 11:31:47 AM »

Sadly, this incident has once again triggered all the "safety firstest!!!" people. Peter King, et al. are all getting in the news this morning talking about everything from those traitorous people at Apple to, "WE NEED MOAR SURVEILLANCE!!"

Interesting side note, Belgium has basically no privacy protection, and Belgian LE can listen in on anyone's phone conversations any old time, no warrant necessary. I'm sure that was going full force given the recent circumstances there. It didn't stop this attack, yet we have Americans demanding more surveillance and more "safety".

I thought this was the land of the free and the home of the brave, not the land of the safe and the home of the meek.

Instead of destroying what little privacy and freedom we have left maybe we should stop importing thousands upon thousands of people who don't subscribe to the principles and values the United States is founded upon.

Since when is it moral to commit cultural and demographic suicide?

Our Muslims to a large degree have "bought in" but once they reach a higher % of the population they will demand more influence. We should watch Dearborn Mi closely to see how this may play out.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2016, 11:41:19 AM »

The only reason they don't is because our enemies are stupid.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2016, 11:41:38 AM »
Instead of destroying what little privacy and freedom we have left maybe we should stop importing thousands upon thousands of people who don't subscribe to the principles and values the United States is founded upon.

Since when is it moral to commit cultural and demographic suicide?

Our Muslims to a large degree have "bought in" but once they reach a higher % of the population they will demand more influence. We should watch Dearborn Mi closely to see how this may play out.

That itself may be part of it. In the EU the muslim population is the bottom-rung/minority population. In America they're not. That slot is firmly held by the urban black ghetto. In places like Dearborn, where they are the majority, they become invested in the status quo.

The only reason they don't is because our enemies are stupid.

That too. The Islamist/Terrorist mindset seems to have target fixation on cathartic attacks on high value prominent targets, where our security and intelligence is most focused. They seem quite blind to the fact that some soft target in flyover country, sending the message of "anytime... anywhere" would actually be more effective than NYC or whatever.

Blowing themselves up in some mall food court in the middle of Iowa would actually have more political/psychological impact.
I promise not to duck.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2016, 11:53:59 AM »
Blowing themselves up in some mall food court in the middle of Iowa would actually have more political/psychological impact.

Very true, but the big city folks will blow it off because it happened in flyover country.

Anyone remember the mailbox bombings in Iowa several years ago?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Helder

Uranus is a gas giant.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2016, 12:13:19 PM »
Back before we "pulled out" of Iraq and "downsized" the mission in Afghanistan there was almost on a weekly basis some sort of going away ceremony in this country for a deploying reserve or guard unit.  Each and everyone of them were actual soft targets of opportunity.  Imagine how low you could sink moral of several units if you shot up one and made them non-deployable.  It would take a few months to get another unit ramped up in the pipeline and now you just delayed a unit from redeploying by the same amount of time.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2016, 12:19:44 PM »

both here, and in Europe, it's our own governments that are putting their Citizens as risk, by importing these terrorists, letting them have 'safe havens', and not doing anything concrete when they commit another attack.  It's a wonder that we trust .gov to do anything positive about this situation.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2016, 12:22:38 PM »
Very true, but the big city folks will blow it off because it happened in flyover country.

Coordinating 2-3 small town hits and a couple of big city ones would probably be the biggest impact.  Something like Chicago, LA and a few small towns in between to show that it really can happen anywhere.  Plenty of rural areas have big crowds densely packed in for football games and such, too, so it would still be possible to target a larger number of people than they tend to get at a mall or airport.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2016, 12:39:18 PM »
Coordinating 2-3 small town hits and a couple of big city ones would probably be the biggest impact.  Something like Chicago, LA and a few small towns in between to show that it really can happen anywhere.  Plenty of rural areas have big crowds densely packed in for football games and such, too, so it would still be possible to target a larger number of people than they tend to get at a mall or airport.

Hit a couple of malls on Black Friday.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2016, 12:46:26 PM »
Hit a couple of malls Wal-Marts on Black Friday.

FIFY

Uranus is a gas giant.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2016, 12:53:19 PM »

Would chlorinating the gene pool like that really hurt us?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2016, 12:53:58 PM »

Would anyone notice?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2016, 12:57:33 PM »
We're safe from big and widespread attacks right now because we are doing what they want us to do; letting in more and more Muslims including those from nations crawling with terrorist types.

Their goal is to get their percentage of population high enough to start exerting influence on society, particularly Americanized Muslims. This will make the "Muslim problem" even harder to solve for us once the bombs start going off.

I suspect if we turned off Muslim immigration we would start seeing bombs go off around the country not too long afterward.

We're already at war here in the USA. The country just hasn't woken up to that reality and that our government is facilitating the invasion.