Author Topic: Meat is Patriarchy!!!  (Read 4107 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Meat is Patriarchy!!!
« on: December 04, 2017, 01:19:56 PM »
Delicious, delicious, patriarchy. I find it most amusing that this numbskull professor is being taken to task by more women than men.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2017/12/04/nom-nom-nom-patriarchy-is-delicious-conservative-women-roast-prof-who-says-meat-is-sexist/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Sideways_8

• friend
Re: Meat is Patriarchy!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »
Well damn. I suppressed my wife this weekend then with some ribs. Or more accurately suppressed her hunger because I'm not stupid. Hungry wife is an angry wife.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 01:48:10 PM »
I'm pretty certain that a majority of my female ancestors going way way back were meat eaters.
Vegetarianism or worse yet, vegan is a recent and unhealthy diet.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:27:55 PM »
Not to be pedantic but vegetarian diets have been around a long time.   :P

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 04:54:33 PM »
I'll be the middle of the road guy. O-M-N-I-V-O-R-E.

The ability to eat lots of stuff and adapt is what got us to where we are today. Specialization is for insects. :)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 04:58:08 PM »
Well damn. I suppressed my wife this weekend then with some ribs. Or more accurately suppressed her hunger because I'm not stupid. Hungry wife is an angry wife.

Hangry Hangry Harpy?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 05:08:08 PM »
To study the link between masculinity and meat, DeLessio-Parson interviewed 23 vegetarians who live in Argentina to probe how they deal with their country’s “meat-centric” culture, finding that being vegetarian itself is a political act.

Because Argentina is such a stellar example of a non-patriarchal society.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 05:39:54 PM »
Not to be pedantic but vegetarian diets have been around a long time.   :P
only in a few limited cultures- none of which contributed to my DNA
The majority of known cultures of the past few thousand years have been omnivorous

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 06:33:39 PM »
Hangry Hangry Harpy?

Terrible game. I do not recommend. 1/10

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 07:00:06 PM »
Well, I guess I'll just have to get rid of those two thick cut ribeye hunks of patriarchy in the fridge somehow...

NOM NOM NOM...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

dm1333

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 07:18:02 PM »
only in a few limited cultures- none of which contributed to my DNA
The majority of known cultures of the past few thousand years have been omnivorous

Vegetarianism or worse yet, vegan is a recent and unhealthy diet.

Is vegetarianism recent and unhealthy, or veganism?  Most of the vegetarians I know are very healthy.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2017, 07:34:06 PM »
Is vegetarianism recent and unhealthy, or veganism?  Most of the vegetarians I know are very healthy.

veganism is the recent unhealthy one.  Vegetarians have been around for a while, they're merely bad hunters.  ;)

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2017, 11:00:08 PM »
First off, there is a Journal of Feminist Geography? I though geography was pretty plain and asexual. It's a map, of landmasses. Lots of little flags and funny accents in different places.

Second, how will these poor girls ever have any pudding?
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2017, 11:32:33 PM »
I got your oppression right here.

https://flic.kr/p/WbjL1Y
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2017, 11:36:23 PM »
I got your oppression right here.

https://flic.kr/p/WbjL1Y

It is very rude of you to so graphically depict you're patriarchy when I'm hungry.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2017, 11:50:58 PM »
Just finished butchering the last of the patriarchy that was aging in the fridge.  Still have to grind a few gallons of patriarchy when I find a good venison summer sausage recipe.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 12:43:51 AM »
It's difficult to he a healthy vegetarian unless one is part of an evolved ethnic group with adapted diet or otherwise very cognizant and deliberately balancing essential foods. Most of the modern American vegetarians and especially vegans that I meet are nutritionally deficient, frustrated, and angry people.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 01:03:07 AM »
It is very rude of you to so graphically depict you're patriarchy when I'm hungry.

Do you want the bacon pictures?
I can post the bacon pictures.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 01:03:43 AM »
It's difficult to he a healthy vegetarian unless one is part of an evolved ethnic group with adapted diet or otherwise very cognizant and deliberately balancing essential foods. Most of the modern American vegetarians and especially vegans that I meet are nutritionally deficient, frustrated, and angry people.

All the Seventh Day Adventists that I know are vegetarians and seem really healthy.  Almost like vegetarianism is their real religion, and they try to do it right.  I don't think they are vegans, but not sure.

I don't know how vegans get their vitamin B12 -- I doubt they intentionally eat food contaminated with insects and rodent droppings.  OTOH, maybe all grain is contaminated with enough insects and rodent droppings to meet our minimum requirement of B12  [barf]  Or maybe some mushrooms produce B12?  Or seaweed?
"It's good, though..."

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2017, 09:33:43 AM »
All the Seventh Day Adventists that I know are vegetarians and seem really healthy.  Almost like vegetarianism is their real religion, and they try to do it right.  I don't think they are vegans, but not sure.

I don't know how vegans get their vitamin B12 -- I doubt they intentionally eat food contaminated with insects and rodent droppings.  OTOH, maybe all grain is contaminated with enough insects and rodent droppings to meet our minimum requirement of B12  [barf]  Or maybe some mushrooms produce B12?  Or seaweed?

Supplements would be the most reliable way. That or they will run into a defiency. Worse yet are vegans with pets that decide to put them on vegan diets.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2017, 09:51:31 AM »
Of course it is. Meat is a euphemism for the "gentleman's sausage," which means that meat the animal flesh is the equivalent to patriarchal repression and rape.

Simple, really.

If you tend to think like a chimp with brain damage.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2017, 09:53:59 AM »
Kingcreek said,

Most of the modern American vegetarians and especially vegans that I meet are nutritionally deficient, frustrated, and angry people.

If true, that would explain a lot of politics today. :D

But I'm not clear on the difference between vegan and vegetarian.

I don't want to go into my canine teeth rant again, but I agree on the pets thing.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 04:17:37 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2017, 09:58:13 AM »
I know more than a few vegetarians, and a few vegans, and NONE of them are any more nutritionally deficient, frustrated, or angry than anyone else in my circle of acquaintances.

On the whole, though, they are one hell of a lot fitter/healthier than the rest of us.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Sideways_8

• friend
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2017, 10:01:32 AM »
I know more than a few vegetarians, and a few vegans, and NONE of them are any more nutritionally deficient, frustrated, or angry than anyone else in my circle of acquaintances.

On the whole, though, they are one hell of a lot fitter/healthier than the rest of us.

Then they're having to eat B12 fortified foods or taking B12 supplements. There is no way around it.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2017, 10:05:41 AM »

<ahem> <koff-koff> <Sotto voce>  Sample selection bias?  Is a comparison to the normally-distributed population valid?

<Terry makes sure his high-speed escape cane is nearby>
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:20:34 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.