Author Topic: Larry Vickers had a bunch of guns seized by the AFT.  (Read 6861 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Larry Vickers had a bunch of guns seized by the AFT.
« on: October 05, 2021, 07:30:59 PM »
Not much info yet.  No one knows why.

https://northeastshooters.com/xen/threads/breaking-atf-has-sized-some-of-larry-vickers-collection.420356/

The PDF that lists what was seized.  Vickers' guns are listed on pages 3 through 11.
https://www.forfeiture.gov/pdf/ATF/OfficialNotification.pdf
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Larry Vickers had a bunch of guns seized by the AFT.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2021, 07:43:26 PM »
Bastards.

That's some high value stuff, most of which he'll likely never see again.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2021, 08:04:25 PM »
I had no idea that there were that many $1000 machine guns in existence.

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2021, 08:32:15 PM »
I had no idea that there were that many $1000 machine guns in existence.

Probably just a place holder or a default value. 

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 08:52:55 PM »
Posted in another forum

Yea, the feds have been after him for awhile.
Been harassing him and his girlfriend.
He has a medical Marijuana card for his cancer, gave his GF some pot, and here comes the alphabet boys.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2021, 05:30:09 AM »
Well, with a name like Vickers...

Say, I'm not reallly up on medical marijuana, but I thought the trigger words were "habitual user of."  How can someone be a "habitual user" if he's got an MD's Rx for the stuff?

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2021, 05:40:41 AM »
The phrasing is "Unlawful user of".  And since MJ is still illegal everywhere in the country,  that's  an excuse if they are looking for one.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2021, 06:38:51 AM »
The feds railroaded Kyle Meyers, the guy who was FPSRUSSIA, seized 400k of guns and threw him into federal prison for 6 months over a little MJ. They will do the same to Vickers most likely
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Fly320s

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2021, 07:28:17 AM »
This could make an interesting court case.

Legal marijuana vs legal guns.  Do they cancel out or are both protected under law?

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »
This could make an interesting court case.

Legal marijuana vs legal guns. 
As far as the Feds are concerned, the marijuana isn't legal, though.  And his use of marijuana makes the possession of the guns illegal.  Whatever state he has a pot card from might not prosecute him (NC doesn't seem to allow medical marijuana except for certain CBD oils), but he's not facing state level charges right now, is he?

Do they cancel out or are both protected under law?
Or, more likely, are neither protected?

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2021, 08:02:36 AM »
Well, smoking dope or machine guns, choose one or the other but don't try and choose both unless you are looking for potential legal/Fed trouble.

Hopefully he has good lawyers and he escapes punishment.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2021, 08:12:30 AM »
Well, smoking dope or machine guns, choose one or the other but don't try and choose both unless you are looking for potential legal/Fed trouble.

Hopefully he has good lawyers and he escapes punishment.

Yup. You can't even say that an ATF under a Republican admin wouldn't be doing the same thing. This time they're using pot laws because they hate guns. Under an R they might punish a gun owner because they hate pot.

Leave me alone.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2021, 08:36:05 AM »
Can't speak to the truthfulness of the MJ rumor. That just what I saw in another forum.

Also seeing he lost/gave up his SOT and the guns seized are post 86 https://twitter.com/FreedomFriedF/status/1445501276419018761
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2021, 08:41:02 AM »
I thought it was interesting that Brandon Herrera got one of his early model AKs a little while back - must have been related to him giving up his SOT.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2021, 09:05:32 AM »
I thought it was interesting that Brandon Herrera got one of his early model AKs a little while back - must have been related to him giving up his SOT.

Makes me wonder if he was working on unloading them, but it was a work in progress and the AFT got impatient or wanted to jump the gun.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2021, 10:04:22 AM »
The Feds probably don't recognize STATE issued medical MJ cards since MJ is FEDERALLY illegal.

I know that there used to be a FEDERAL program providing "legal" MJ to a (very) few people for medical conditions like glaucoma, but I heard that this program was terminated for new applicants; perhaps older users were grandfathered.

Disclaimer: What I think the current status is of this program shouldn't be considered reliable info, and I've no ideal what if anything MJ has to do with Vickers.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2021, 10:32:33 AM »
"SOT probably expired"

ATF Takes 179 Machine Guns from Larry Vickers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkT0SHWMpSo
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2021, 10:52:43 AM »
The Feds probably don't recognize STATE issued medical MJ cards since MJ is FEDERALLY illegal.

I don't think there is any "probably" involved. Federal law does not recognize state-issued marijuana cards. This point has been made on "gun" forums many, many times in response to questions about how holders of medical marijuana cards should respond to the question on the 4473. The answer is always "Don't." If you are using marijuana, you can't lawfully possess firearms under federal law.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2021, 11:08:05 AM »
I don't think there is any "probably" involved. Federal law does not recognize state-issued marijuana cards.

More to the point, they both don't recognize the state laws, but then also ignore the Federal laws until it suits them. They ignore the medical mary laws until they can use them to their advantage.

Ayn Rand was prescient.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2021, 11:20:07 AM »
I guess we can toss out the "We don't need new gun laws, just enforce the existing ones on the book" argument?
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2021, 11:31:49 AM »
I guess we can toss out the "We don't need new gun laws, just enforce the existing ones on the book" argument?

I'm not sure where you're going with that, but there's a difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. They raided him while he was in chemo. It could very well be that he had health issues that overrode his keeping up on paperwork. If his SOT expired, okay, that's the law, but the spirit of the law would take extenuating circumstances into account and maybe they could have worked with him. Even the IRS follows the spirit of the law most of the time and doesn't just seize assets - they work with people first.

This sounds too much like some Chapman like chap at the ATF saw an opportunity (letter of the law) to get some "evil machine guns off the street". Perhaps there will be more info released over time that clarifies just what happened.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2021, 11:47:27 AM »
I'm not sure where you're going with that, but there's a difference between the letter of the law and the spirit of the law. They raided him while he was in chemo. It could very well be that he had health issues that overrode his keeping up on paperwork. If his SOT expired, okay, that's the law, but the spirit of the law would take extenuating circumstances into account and maybe they could have worked with him. Even the IRS follows the spirit of the law most of the time and doesn't just seize assets - they work with people first.

This sounds too much like some Chapman like chap at the ATF saw an opportunity (letter of the law) to get some "evil machine guns off the street". Perhaps there will be more info released over time that clarifies just what happened.

Hopefully more info is released, Vickers might of told them to FO since he might not be alive that much longer and all out of F's.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2021, 12:19:53 PM »

That's why I can't abide that stupid argument.

Yes.

Stupid.

It's another case of successive compromises (since 1933) resulting in transformation of a right into a privilege with approval by unthinking acclamation.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2021, 12:36:00 PM »
More to the point, they both don't recognize the state laws, but then also ignore the Federal laws until it suits them. They ignore the medical mary laws until they can use them to their advantage.

Ayn Rand was prescient.

Truth.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2021, 09:06:42 PM »
Let's ignore the guys smuggling guns to the Sinaloa cartel en masse, and let's raid the cancer patient who is absolutely not doing such things. Yeah that's pretty standard ATF procedure.