Author Topic: Larry Vickers had a bunch of guns seized by the AFT.  (Read 6860 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Larry Vickers had a bunch of guns seized by the AFT.
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2023, 06:08:16 PM »
I'm not really following this story but a conspiracy site I peruse had this rundown of what happened,

Basically the law says, under his ATF license situation, if a local Police Chief says he wants a demonstration of a newly made full auto, because he is thinking he may buy some for his department, the Chief gives the dealer a letter, so the dealer can import it and do the demo. Under the law, a dealer, with the letter, can request the approval from ATF, which Vickers was given here. Apparently Vickers was getting letters to do such imports, but they pulled all his text messages and showed he was going to the Chief and asking for the letter, and the Chief was giving it, but then there was no demo. Technically sounds legal to me. If the law says letter+approved request allows import, and you get a letter and an approved request, then it seems you fulfilled the requirements
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2023, 07:16:09 AM »
Ayn Rand — 'There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. ... One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws." ― Ayn Rand

For illustrative purposes, I've often said that you can't drive two miles, park  your car, walk around the block, get back in your car, and drive home without breaking three laws.

When was the last time you were armed or possessed a gun in your car and drove through a Post Office parking lot to drop a letter in one of the free-standing mailboxes?

Don't answer that.  The walls have ears.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 07:47:05 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2023, 01:42:18 PM »
Don't answer that.  The walls have ears.

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Or it would be a laughing matter if it weren't so accurate !  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2023, 04:40:50 AM »
"The walls have ears" was a common warning about loose lips during WWII and possibly before and after.  Spies were, in fact, just about everywhere.

It was used the same way "Loose lips sink ships" was, for the same reason, and there were many, many posters based on that idea . 
Samples:

https://cdn.ecommercedns.uk/files/1/234911/5/8971925/ap408h-warning-walls-have-ears.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/0b/90/77/0b9077f1c6dabb0cb427320f4e1bbfbe.jpg

Terry, 230RN

PS. There was also a book with that title.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2023, 07:18:51 AM »
And the windows.
Remember tech where a invisible laser (IR or UV I believe) could be painted on a window and what was being said in the room could be read from the vibrations of the window glass picked up by laser reflections.
This was in the 90s IIRC. No telling what they can do now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes