Author Topic: Public Sex (Of Any Kind) Now Legal ; But Horn Dogs Must Be Leashed  (Read 8265 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
In yet another instance of, "You can't make this *expletive deleted*it up..."

Dutch to legalise gay sex in public park

By Bruno Waterfield
Last Updated: 2:28pm GMT 13/03/2008

Dutch council officials will permit gay sex in public areas but fine dog owners who let their pets off the leash in Amsterdam's Vondelpark.

Paul van Grieken, an Alderman in the Oud-Zuid district of the city, has startled many Amsterdammers, despite their famously liberal attitudes, with plans to allow public sex as part of this summer's new rules of conduct for the country's best-known park.

"Why should we try to impose something that is actually impossible to impose, which also causes little bother for others and for a certain group actually means much pleasure?", he said.

Amsterdam's beautiful Vondelpark in the centre of city draws hordes of summer visitors, families, skaters and joggers.

But the park's rose garden has become famous as a trysting spot for gay men looking for uncomplicated sexual encounters.

Mr van Grieken stresses that tolerance to "cruising" gays, aimed at protecting homosexuals from violence, will have "strict rules attached".

"Thus, condoms must always be cleared away, it must never take place in the neighbourhood of children's playgrounds and the sex must be restricted to the evening and night-time," he said.

The new park rules have the blessing of the Dutch police, who have urged all Dutch parks to follow Amsterdam's lead.

But Amsterdam's dog owners are less impressed. The new park code of conduct will set out stiff fines for dogs that are allowed to run around the Vondelpark off the leash.

"Research showed that many people find this disturbing," said Mr van Grieken.

One dog owner protested: "As long as the park has existed, we've been allowed to let our dogs run freely. It's outrageous that we will be punished from now on but public sex won't. If they can drop their trousers, why can't I let my dog loose?"

[snark]Such actions by Amsterdams' city fathers have no, I repeat: NO, bearing on the health of the society in general.  It would be intolerant and puritanical to suggest otherwise.[/snark]

[Modified to to reflect legality of all sex in Amsterdam's park.  Because to discriminate on the basis of the kind of wacky public sex is worse than legalizing public sex itself.  Or something.]
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Public Gay Sex Now Legal; Public Hetero Sex Still Outlawed
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2008, 04:59:41 AM »
And tolerance goes too far.  Giving  a "protected" class more rights than others....absurd...
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

El Tejon

• friend
    • http://www.kirkfreemanlaw.com
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2008, 05:18:36 AM »
Why the parks?  What is it with gay guys and parks?

They have educations, good jobs and educations, can't they just get a hotel room?
I do not smoke pot, wear Wookie suits, live in my mom's basement, collect unemployment checks or eat Cheetoes, therefore I am not a Ron Paul voter.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2008, 05:36:05 AM »
That's interesting, but AFAIK not actually true.

The Russian and ISraeli newspapers I read about this both claim that both Hetero and gay sex is legal now.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2008, 06:05:32 AM »
Why the parks?  What is it with gay guys and parks?

They have educations, good jobs and educations, can't they just get a hotel room?

And public restrooms.

This is why I just look at their "lifestyle" with disgust. What the hell is sexually arousing about a place where someone in the next stall who ate a taco lunch is unleashing noxious WMDs and thunderous sound effects? That's just disgusting!

LAK

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2008, 07:08:24 AM »
I have no plans to go to Holland again anytime soon. If I do ever go there again I will however make a note to stay away from any places where such perverted public exhibition is legal.

This stuff makes me want to gag. If I did not know anything about political psychology, the communist manifesto, and how all this has come about I would be scratching my head and wondering "why do the good citizens of Holland do nothing about this"? That may change though - maybe they will surprize me.

------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

geronimotwo

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »
I have no plans to go to Holland again anytime soon. If I do ever go there again I will however make a note to stay away from any places where such perverted public exhibition is legal.

This stuff makes me want to gag. If I did not know anything about political psychology, the communist manifesto, and how all this has come about I would be scratching my head and wondering "why do the good citizens of Holland do nothing about this"? That may change though - maybe they will surprize me.

sorry? i've never made the connection between the communist manifesto, and gays?
make the world idiot proof.....and you will have a world full of idiots. -g2

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2008, 01:51:19 PM »
I see no indication that only homosexual relations are allowed. Not a word of the article suggests that's the case - other than the Telegraph's inflammatory choice  to only refer to gay sex in the lead paragraphs.

Read for comprehension, not for demagoguery.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 02:40:40 PM »
Good.  I'm for public sex in all facets and in all public places.

I could see an argument if it only allowed gay sex, but there is no indication at all of such a thing.

And to say you disapprove of homosexuality because some of them decide to screw in the park makes no sense.  Heterosexual people have sex lots of wierd places.  Perhaps the link between anonymous in-the-bushes sex and homosexuality has something to do with the thousands of years of oppression they went through just for being homosexual?  When people like you get murdered for having sex, I think you try to keep it as secret and anonymous as possible.

Also, why not?

Strings

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2008, 02:44:06 PM »
Loose as some think my morals are, I can't see the benefit of allowing public sex.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2008, 02:44:42 PM »
Good.  I'm for public sex in all facets and in all public places.

I could see an argument if it only allowed gay sex, but there is no indication at all of such a thing.

And to say you disapprove of homosexuality because some of them decide to screw in the park makes no sense.  Heterosexual people have sex lots of wierd places.  Perhaps the link between anonymous in-the-bushes sex and homosexuality has something to do with the thousands of years of oppression they went through just for being homosexual?  When people like you get murdered for having sex, I think you try to keep it as secret and anonymous as possible.

Also, why not?

One, you obviously don't have kids or know anyone who has kids. You want to have to steer them around that? Tongue

Two, do you not realize what bodily fluids most readily transmit incurable diseases? I guess not.

Strings

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2008, 02:46:20 PM »
>thousands of years of oppression<

Tell me, do you also think that millions of witches have been killed in witch-hunts over the years?

How can you come up with "thousands of years of oppression", when the Greeks and Romans openly allowed it? There hasn't been THAT much history for western civilization...

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 02:53:50 PM »
Strings:  Ever read the Bible?  Stoning isn't exactly enjoyable, you know.

Manedwolf:  Kids see sex all the time...and should.  I find it ridiculous to pretend to children that sex doesn't exist, or is some strange mystical event.  As for fluids...that's the worry of the people involved, though I suppose splashing could be a problem...

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2008, 02:54:43 PM »
Manedwolf:  Kids see sex all the time...and should.  I find it ridiculous to pretend to children that sex doesn't exist, or is some strange mystical event.  As for fluids...that's the worry of the people involved, though I suppose splashing could be a problem...

You want to expose kids to sex and ruin their innocence, I have a place I prefer your sort be.

It has bars and locks. That's sick. Tongue

Thankfully, there's laws that specifically address that, with a felony penalty.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2008, 02:59:08 PM »
I guess I know what the Dutch mean now when they say that Muslims "don't fit in" with Dutch culture?

Hopefully the increasingly large percentage of Muslims and people from Muslim societies in the electorate will help to counterbalance this extreme form of liberalism.  Apparently on the topic of modesty the Dutch have something valuable to learn from their immigrants.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2008, 03:01:10 PM »
"To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods." -Robert Heinlein

How does seeing sex ruin "innocence"?  Does seeing it somehow make them guilty? 

And don't ascribe perversion to what I'm saying, taking sexual advantage of children in any way is wrong.  But how is a child seeing sex being harmed, unless the child has been ingrained with the position that sex itself is somehow harmful?

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2008, 03:05:18 PM »
"To stay young requires unceasing cultivation of the ability to unlearn old falsehoods." -Robert Heinlein

And don't ascribe perversion to what I'm saying, taking sexual advantage of children in any way is wrong.  But how is a child seeing sex being harmed, unless the child has been ingrained with the position that sex itself is somehow harmful?

It isn't that it ruins innocence-it's that it teaches them the wrong message about the role of sexuality in their lives.  It is private, and should be private, and should not be exploited for public gratification. 

Bombarding all people, including children, with these kinds of images promotes a culture of treating sex more like an addictive substance, like alcohol or drugs, than as something healthy and constructive.  It becomes about lifestyle and image, and instant gratification, rather than being one component of a complete life.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2008, 03:17:46 PM »

Robert Heinlein became a dirty old man who went nutty and promoted incest, pedophilia and other WTF crap in his later works. If you quote him, I know where you stand.

They should not be exposed to such until they can understand it in context. "Legal age" isn't just a law, it's common sense.

What the hell is wrong with letting kids be kids, innocence and all? One's job as a parent DOES entail shielding them from things they don't need to see yet.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2008, 04:25:25 PM »
I guess I know what the Dutch mean now when they say that Muslims "don't fit in" with Dutch culture?

Hopefully the increasingly large percentage of Muslims and people from Muslim societies in the electorate will help to counterbalance this extreme form of liberalism.  Apparently on the topic of modesty the Dutch have something valuable to learn from their immigrants.
Actually, I have heard from a few different sources that some Muslim countries have a rather large number of underground homosexual men.  Not sure if that translates to Muslims in Western countries. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2008, 04:43:54 PM »
What's first permitted will become mandatory.  You listening, Fistful?
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 04:49:00 PM »
Shootinstudent:  I don't see the logical link between publicity and addiction.

Manedwolf:  When I was a child, we had cats.  I saw them mate, get pregnant, have kittens.  I also saw some of those kittens die.  It is this, more than anything anyone has ever said to me, that best made me comprehend the roles of sex and death.  If it is not treated with a negative social stigma, how is human sex any different?

What's first permitted will become mandatory.

That is hands down the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard in my life.  It is currently permitted for me to juggle oranges while tap dancing on a bathroom mat.  When, pray tell, will this activity become mandatory?

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 05:16:37 PM »
H.R.3773
BATHROOM TAP DANCING ORANGE JUGGLING Act of 2007 (Introduced in House)
Beginning
October 9, 2007

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE; TABLE OF CONTENTS.

Sec. 1. Short title; table of contents.

SEC. 2. CLARIFICATION OF MANDATORY TAP DANCING WHILE JUGGLING ORANGES

`CLARIFICATION OF DEFINITIONS, RE: TAP DANCING, ORANGE, BATHROOM.

You see, it's happening already.....
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

Dntsycnt

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »
Hahahhahaha touch? Rabbi, touch

johnster999

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 07:59:20 PM »
Sorry but did I just read someone suggesting on here that children ought to be seeing people have sexual intercourse? Somebody set me straight if I misread.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 08:26:54 PM »

Actually, I have heard from a few different sources that some Muslim countries have a rather large number of underground homosexual men.  Not sure if that translates to Muslims in Western countries. 

Every country does.  But certainly public sex (of any kind) is not on the table in these places-it's not even part of the debate, for a whole host of very good reasons.

But by and large the myth of the gay muslim subculture is hyped-it's a tantalizing story of hypocrisy that finds receptive audiences, not a factual matter.